Home

How about the playable character be a Sith?

Sir Vougalot

Should your main character be a fallen Sith, much like the Exile was a fallen Jedi?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Should your main character be a fallen Sith, much like the Exile was a fallen Jedi?

• Yeah, it'd be pretty cool if my character starts out as a fallen Sith.
    • Naw, I don't like the idea.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about just a wild force sensitive (force adapt) ??

I mean, you start as a Force Sensitive but otherwise ordinary ordinary guy in a village or somethings, where your still minor force power is both appreciated and even a bit feared. Still things are quite peaceful and you even hold a rather boring simple job(anything but a nerf hearding lowlife, so-called farmer). Then the whole jedi-sith battle thing shows up nearby and break the harmoney, form then on:

1) ...You get to follow that random Jedi that showed up cause of village ruined / requested as scout / whatever reason not entirely under your own will?

2) ...or you are discovered and got captured by the sith for training as darksider/special ops/jedi hunters/whatever?

3) ...got trained by your local force-centered religion?

4) ...joined a locak rabel group against some local tyrant?

5) .. discover your real potential from some weird old chap ont in the wild?

The possabilities is endless. Now the good side is that you don't have to wait forever to play with a bit of force, and yet you are still relatively humble, only a wee bit stronger than the average joe. Also you feel more destined for something different, though you don't knwo what it is. That can drive you to greatness of an honorable knight, or pride will lure you on the dark path.

Hack, you don't even have to be aligned to jedi/sith/whatever for the first part of the "somewhat railroad" game on that backwater planet. You will learn a bit of force tricks from minot adapt/mystic/what not, and see the force being used for good/neutral/evil in a small scale.

In a way that is a more ordinary start than Revan who is actually quite powerful from the deep inside once, or Exile who is a jedi turned freak of nature. Yes, being somewhat special from the ordinary guys around you have a sense of epicness, without being godmodeing.

After that, you will get to join the order(if you don't have to join the jedi order at least briefly its not KNIGHTS of the old republic) and sure by then you would have a lightsaber(quite possably before you are even initiated), the story goes on from there.

And yes, you will get to meet up with some companion, quite possably a couple of them are even jedis, and yes you will stumble upon some rusty old ship, and yes you will find on it some short white droid. There might even be a discuised assassain droid joining you in your journey. And yes most importantly you will have the opeion to fall in love with one(or more) of the characters travelling with you. She/he may or may not be your type in the end, and might even be killed (or betray you and such) before you face your nemesis. But whatever it is, it will serve as a grate romance to be remembered. You will travel to different planets shooting your way against annoying pirates/siths/whatevers, for whatever reason it is, and shell out time to relax once in a while, and play some card games. You might even try out your reflax at the local race-course. YOu will pick up the pieces together, and eventually face your destiny.

Sounds fair to you all? That is basically what kotor is about, any many of those stuff are just generalized description from k1 and k2 that we have, with a bit of extra input.

Well, if you ask me obviously I will have loads of nice ideas, but I am unfortunately not working for gaming industry, and no one would hire me for it. :(

I would really like to start as Sith. (or former Sith) so at the begining of the

game you might be more or less powerless (maybe jedi stripped you of your

power) but you would of course regain your powers over the game and you

could return to your old dark ways or you could try to redeem your self...

But redeeming your self should of course be very hard (there should be lots

of angry peoples out there who recognize you and don't want anything but

slow and painfull death for you...)

^^

The trouble with that is that TSL sets up the true Sith to be the enemy in the sequel, whether you're LS or DS, at least as far I can tell.

And in any event, it's clear that the true Sith were used as a plot-device to reconcile the very different LS and DS endings of KotOR, so that both LS Revan and DS Revan would have a reason to fight the same enemy. TSL ends up committing the Exile to the same cause, again regardless of alignment. So it seems to me that whether you choose to play as jedi or sith, the true Sith will be your enemies.

Hello to all.

I am very new to the forums. In fact this is my very first post here. Anyway to the subject at hand. I like all the ideas so far. My wish is a little different. Imagine when you start a new game to have a first selection between three options:

1) Join the Dark Side Start: You choose between various first Tier Sith Classes and start as a member of the Sith Empire somewhere in the Sith space. You have the freedom to become more evil and advance in the dark side or to "redeem" yourself and change alignment. (Plot 1).

2) Join the Light Side Start: You choose between the standard Jedi classes (First Tier) and start as a former Jedi knight somewhere in the republic space. Again you have the same freedom to become as evil or as good you want. That choice has a different plot (Plot 2).

3) Join the Neutral Side Start: You choose between standard classes (First Tier) like Scout, Fighter etc and you start somewhere in the outer rim. You are force sensitive and therefore you can become later Jedi or Sith. That choice has again a different plot (Plot 3).

All three plots will be intertwined together. So no matter where you start you will meet two people that will have the other two starts. It will be like the game Alien Vs Predator 2. In that way everyone will have the start he/she wants.

Cheers,

Paul

I think it's virtually guaranteed that the game will have one generic beginning, no matter what your choices are, since doing otherwise would demand a lot of programming for options that only so many people would use.

A "grey" option seems unlike, given that grey jedi are jedi knights who have left the order, but not fallen to the dark side. They are few, however, and would seem virtually extinct after TSL, given how few jedi are left after the Shadow War.

And welcome to the forum.

I think it's virtually guaranteed that the game will have one generic beginning, no matter what your choices are, since doing otherwise would demand a lot of programming for options that only so many people would use.

A "grey" option seems unlike, given that grey jedi are jedi knights who have left the order, but not fallen to the dark side. They are few, however, and would seem virtually extinct after TSL, given how few jedi are left after the Shadow War.

And welcome to the forum.

It depends what are the benefits that each start offers to the player. I mean that, accordingly with the start you choose you could have unique abilities,skills, feats, powers that the other starts could never give you in the game. In that way the replayability is skyrocketing and each option as appealing as the others.

The grey option has nothing to do with grey Jedi. The neutral option I meant are just force-sensitive people that never trained to the force. Remember that there are many worlds outside the republic and therefore many force-sensitive that are undetected by the Jedi and with the same logic by the Sith. Force can be dormant to them. So in force terms are neutral or grey. Just simple fighters, scoundrel and scouts in their worlds. On the other hand they can also be members of some other order. Not every force user is a member of the jedi or the sith.

To be honest with you jediphile I don't hold my breath. I don't expect that my wish will become a reality. Lucas Art proved that can disappoint us (Kotor 2).

No matter how much I love this game, the fact that is incomplete remains. I just wish that this time they will surprise us in a very good way.

Cheers,

Paul

P.S Jediphile and Zerimar Nyliram thank you for your warm welcome. I am happy to be among people who share the same love for the KOTOR series.

There is one thing that I feel some people are overlooking with KotOR III. Now, to those who want to find Revan, the Exile and go into the unknown regions and explore 'True Sith' space in KotOR III, you do realize how odd it would be if your character (who prior to the events that occur in the plot) had no previous training in the Force, would be able to defeat powerful enemies amongst the 'True Sith' Empire and perhaps defeat Revan and the Exile themselves right?

How can someone with only a few weeks or months of training be able to defeat people such as powerful 'True Sith' villains and people who are just as strong in the Force as Revan and the Exile?

This is why (although it's forced) I think the new main character in KotOR III should begin as a padawan on the verge of becoming a Jedi Knight, but your past is never addressed and is left for you to decide, so it feels more like your character.

This way, you become a Jedi Knight (or perhaps a full fledged Sith) in KotOR III so it's more plausible to think that you can take on the 'big bad guys' of KotOR III. Know what I mean?

Even the likes of Yoda, Anakin Skywalker, Luke Skywalker and Palpatine took years to become powerful and your character in KotOR III cannot be stronger in the Force than what they are.

So instead of starting out as Force-sensitive and getting trained in KotOR III, make it that you're already being trained in KotOR III, and are close to becoming a Jedi Knight.

This is why the devs used the 'amnesia trick' in KotOR and the 'exiled Jedi wound in the Force trick' in KotOR II, to explain why your character becomes powerful enough in a matter of weeks/months to beat the big guns.

For more details, check out the intro and part one of my story, which can be found here: http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=171405

Revan could conquer the Republic and Exile could scavange ships buried on the surface on Malachor V they could join forces and stage an assault on the collapsing Republic

Revan and Exile can pilot an entire fleet all by themselves? Wow, they sure got the Republic cornered...

and besides why Revan and Exile is cannonical Light Siders

Lucasarts says so, as they do for all major "hero" characters. It doesn't matter to the plot of KotOR3, though, because that has to allow for them being DS as well. You cannot make a plot that demands either of them being a particular gender or alignment, however, so a plot that demands they took either one or the other choice in the previous game is not possible. KotOR3 has to allow for it if you want them both to be DS, but for me they were both LS, and the plot has to cover that option as well.

There is one thing that I feel some people are overlooking with KotOR III. Now, to those who want to find Revan, the Exile and go into the unknown regions and explore 'True Sith' space in KotOR III, you do realize how odd it would be if your character (who prior to the events that occur in the plot) had no previous training in the Force, would be able to defeat powerful enemies amongst the 'True Sith' Empire and perhaps defeat Revan and the Exile themselves right?

How can someone with only a few weeks or months of training be able to defeat people such as powerful 'True Sith' villains and people who are just as strong in the Force as Revan and the Exile?

This is why (although it's forced) I think the new main character in KotOR III should begin as a padawan on the verge of becoming a Jedi Knight, but your past is never addressed and is left for you to decide, so it feels more like your character.

This way, you become a Jedi Knight (or perhaps a full fledged Sith) in KotOR III so it's more plausible to think that you can take on the 'big bad guys' of KotOR III. Know what I mean?

Even the likes of Yoda, Anakin Skywalker, Luke Skywalker and Palpatine took years to become powerful and your character in KotOR III cannot be stronger in the Force than what they are.

So instead of starting out as Force-sensitive and getting trained in KotOR III, make it that you're already being trained in KotOR III, and are close to becoming a Jedi Knight.

This is why the devs used the 'amnesia trick' in KotOR and the 'exiled Jedi wound in the Force trick' in KotOR II, to explain why your character becomes powerful enough in a matter of weeks/months to beat the big guns.

For more details, check out the intro and part one of my story, which can be found here: http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=171405

What you say here my friend is very valid. To be honest with you the only hero I want to play is definitely Revan. Before KOTOR II was published I had expected that Revan would be also the hero of that game. Guess again. It was the Exile. Unfortunately that was not the only dark spot of KOTOR II. Although the Exile is a nice guy ... err gal based on the Star Wars Canon now, Revan is the ultimate character.

OK I think that today is a day of inspiration for me. I don't know if someone post that idea before and I am sorry beforehand if I repeat something written before. The game could give you the usual choice between a male or female character but this time the male would be specifically Revan and the woman specifically the Exile. In addition to that when you customize the characters you could choose an alignment (dark, light, neutral) and based on that you will have unique powers, feats, skills, benefits you name it. Everyone will be happy with that arrangement.

Cheers,

Paul

P.S: Why they kill Kreia. She was by far the best character in KOTOR II. And definitely I would love a reunion between Revan and Kreia in KOTOR III.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'd also like to start as a Sith. The idea of redemption appeals to me. Besides, I don't believe Revan or the Exile ever become Sith. They become Dark Jedi, which is an entirely different thing. To be a Sith and find the "light" would be a big kick in the pants to the Sith Empire.

• 1 month later...

Just a technical point...

A PC stands for Player Character that is your main character you create and play in the game.

An NPC stands for Non-Player Character and is one that is not created by the player, but can be used by the player at times or interacted with.

;)

Archived