Home

-Fic- Cursum Peficio -Fic-

Behold! I have brought fanfic!

I know you're all thrilled. Or else you're ready to throw bricks in my general direction, whatever works.

Most of you probably already know it, given the fact that I've shoved it...pretty much everywhere, really. Including the fanfiction thread, which I've pretty much hijacked at this point. Finally DylanMay was kind enough to say “Dude, go get your own thread yo.”

Thus, here I am.

Right...so...um...yes. Here's the link for you all. Aren't you excited?

...Please save your PsiBlasts 'till I'm done at least. ^^;

Title: Cursum Perficio

Author Digitaldreamer

Length: Seventeen chapters plus an epilogue when finished, I'm hoping.

Rating: PG-13

Pairings: Raz/Lili, possibly some hints of Milla/Sasha

Warnings: Some dark themes, mild torture (far, far later on), some one-sided slash (nothing graphic, I assure you)

Summary: Six years after Raz became a Psychonaut the nightmares started, whispers of a looming darkness. The pieces have been set. A game, a riddle, the answer lies hidden beneath the watery depths...Can Raz figure it out, or will the darkness swallow him?

So...um...yeah, right. The fic is mostly Raz-centric. I could ramble on and on, but at it's basis the idea came from but one wish, to take Raz's background and expand on it like crazy. When I was playing the game I couldn't help but think there could have been so much more done with his family's curse by the Galochio's, as well as the whole “our family has many enemies” deal... and thus, this was spawned. We've got a fic here that's going to attempt to go deep into Raz's family history and cover everything from the reason to why the Galochio's cursed them, why Raz's dad's entire family was killed by psychics, why Raz's dad wouldn't let Raz use his powers, and probably a whole lot more that I can't be bothered to type here.

I was worried I'd fail...but so far I don't think I'm doing so bad, actually.

The fic does, admittedly, get fairly dark as it goes on. I'm trying my best, though, to retain the Psychonaut-y flavour we all know and love, because if this fic gets so dark and angsty that you could easily place it under any other category and change the names....well, then obviously I've messed up somewhere. I don't think I have yet, though, and if I seem to be getting close to that, someone please kick me in the face or something so I can fix it.

So...yeah. The fic currently has nine chapters so far, and I try my best to update every Sunday with a new chapter, as well as links to any new art I've done for it, as I've done quite a bit. If anyone would be willing to take a look and tell me what you think I'd be honored. Constructive criticism is, of course, always welcome and greatly appreciated. You don't even have to leave a review on fanfiction.net, you could just say a few lines here. I don't need any huge, lengthy reviews or anything, just a few words saying what you thought...well, it'd be nice.

Er...okay, I'll shut up now. Sorry for bothering you all with my ramblings, eheh...

Behold! I have brought fanfic!

I know you're all thrilled. Or else you're ready to throw bricks in my general direction, whatever works.

Most of you probably already know it, given the fact that I've shoved it...pretty much everywhere, really. Including the fanfiction thread, which I've pretty much hijacked at this point. Finally DylanMay was kind enough to say “Dude, go get your own thread yo.”

Thus, here I am.

Right...so...um...yes. Here's the link for you all. Aren't you excited?

...Please save your PsiBlasts 'till I'm done at least. ^^;

Title: Cursum Perficio

Author Digitaldreamer

Length: Seventeen chapters plus an epilogue when finished, I'm hoping.

Rating: PG-13

Pairings: Raz/Lili, possibly some hints of Milla/Sasha

Warnings: Some dark themes, mild torture (far, far later on), some one-sided slash (nothing graphic, I assure you)

Summary: Six years after Raz became a Psychonaut the nightmares started, whispers of a looming darkness. The pieces have been set. A game, a riddle, the answer lies hidden beneath the watery depths...Can Raz figure it out, or will the darkness swallow him?

So...um...yeah, right. The fic is mostly Raz-centric. I could ramble on and on, but at it's basis the idea came from but one wish, to take Raz's background and expand on it like crazy. When I was playing the game I couldn't help but think there could have been so much more done with his family's curse by the Galochio's, as well as the whole “our family has many enemies” deal... and thus, this was spawned. We've got a fic here that's going to attempt to go deep into Raz's family history and cover everything from the reason to why the Galochio's cursed them, why Raz's dad's entire family was killed by psychics, why Raz's dad wouldn't let Raz use his powers, and probably a whole lot more that I can't be bothered to type here.

I was worried I'd fail...but so far I don't think I'm doing so bad, actually.

The fic does, admittedly, get fairly dark as it goes on. I'm trying my best, though, to retain the Psychonaut-y flavour we all know and love, because if this fic gets so dark and angsty that you could easily place it under any other category and change the names....well, then obviously I've messed up somewhere. I don't think I have yet, though, and if I seem to be getting close to that, someone please kick me in the face or something so I can fix it.

So...yeah. The fic currently has nine chapters so far, and I try my best to update every Sunday with a new chapter, as well as links to any new art I've done for it, as I've done quite a bit. If anyone would be willing to take a look and tell me what you think I'd be honored. Constructive criticism is, of course, always welcome and greatly appreciated. You don't even have to leave a review on fanfiction.net, you could just say a few lines here. I don't need any huge, lengthy reviews or anything, just a few words saying what you thought...well, it'd be nice.

Er...okay, I'll shut up now. Sorry for bothering you all with my ramblings, eheh...

Uweeeeeeeeeh!? O___O You were serious about that!?

Guh...but...but...there's no way this is actually worthy of being stickied, I can think of plenty of other fanfics that would be better suited for it...and...and...buh...

...er....thank you? Even though my fic really doesn't deserve it...I'll try my best to make it as close as possible, though...er...yes...

Uweeeeeeeeeh!? O___O You were serious about that!?

Guh...but...but...there's no way this is actually worthy of being stickied, I can think of plenty of other fanfics that would be better suited for it...and...and...buh...

...er....thank you? Even though my fic really doesn't deserve it...I'll try my best to make it as close as possible, though...er...yes...

what do i say

hm, how about what the hell

Now listen this is good. Really good. My problem is with Smon. I don't really see why one story gets stickied for being good - I've never seen why Da Vinci and Picasso were shown in art history class rooms - I've never seen why the Top 40 songs get chosen. Nothing is objectively good. There are probably as many people who think this sucks as there are who love it. Unless it's objective, like a writing guide or a list of all current stories, I don't really see a point in stickying it. It's nice. The crazy fans can bump it up here anyway. All the crap writers weep into their sleeves without the help of a story that's better than theirs will ever be thrust forcefully into the public eye. There's no real need to pick one from the crowd.

I would keep being pseudointellectual but i'm hungry ok ok bye

Hey, Psychonauts Sings Queen got on my Must Read List (which I should turn into a c2), so don't feel bad. And Remember that Digi has been writing tons before CP got published on FF, it's not like Digi was a newbie who just started. You get better with progress (I can safely say my stuff was completely mediocre when I started).

what do i say

hm, how about what the hell

Now listen this is good. Really good. My problem is with Smon. I don't really see why one story gets stickied for being good - I've never seen why Da Vinci and Picasso were shown in art history class rooms - I've never seen why the Top 40 songs get chosen. Nothing is objectively good. There are probably as many people who think this sucks as there are who love it. Unless it's objective, like a writing guide or a list of all current stories, I don't really see a point in stickying it. It's nice. The crazy fans can bump it up here anyway. All the crap writers weep into their sleeves without the help of a story that's better than theirs will ever be thrust forcefully into the public eye. There's no real need to pick one from the crowd.

I would keep being pseudointellectual but i'm hungry ok ok bye

...you make me a saaaaad paaanda. :.-(

Well...oh dear.

I probably should have seen this coming, really...

I am indeed honored to have had this stickied, but KingCheez does have a point. Not everyone is going to think my fic is the good, in fact there are probably plenty who think it's absolutely terrible and would quite honestly like to kick me in the shins for all the attention this thing is getting. There are also plenty of other fics that are just as good, if not better...so why does mine get stickied?

Now don't get me wrong, I'm very proud it was stickied, honored in fact. But it does seem a little unfair to all the other writers out there...

In the end, though, it's up to everyone here, I guess. A good option might be to perhaps have Trippy-san make a thread for her "must read" list and sticky that as well, so that way we have a thread where everyone has a chance of getting "stickied" in a way. People could suggest fics for that when they come upon them, and if two or more people agree perhaps it could be added to the list. That might be more fair...

...Of course, I do kind of wish this thing would stay stickied, who wouldn't? But hey, it's up to you guys. *shrugs*

First update on the new thread, oh how exciting!

I know you're all thrilled.

So right, chapter ten of Cursum Perficio is up!

Summary:

Raz has been captured by Nereus. The Psychonauts Agency has written him off as dead. Things are definitely not looking good for him...what does Nereus have planned? And whatever is Lili going to do about all this?

Er...yay? Feedback is, as always, greatly appreciated, be it simply saying "OMG THIS IS THE GREST THING EVER!", a lovely critique, or simply informing me that I should go drown. Like I said, I don't care, as long as it's feedback.

...on that note I'm going to go curl into a ball under my desk because I feel sick as a dog. Ugh...

...the reason I suggested giving CP it's own thread was because it was starting to dominate the other fanfics and whatnot. I like reading ALL The fanfics but it's hard to find them amongst constant CP updates. Don't sticky it. It'll stay at the top of the message board anyway since it's so popular, but give some of the others a chance, you know? (I'm agreeing with Cheez here.)

None what-so-ever, this fic hardly deserved to be stickied in the first place, really. ^^;; It was nice, but I felt a bit bad about it. I'd really like to apologize for kind of hijacking the place, I didn't mean for this thing to become so long and seem like such a big deal, it's really not.The Official Fanfiction thread and the Fanart thread should probably both be stickied, really.

I'd just appreciate it if people could start using this thread to actually give feedback now that it's unstickied. There you go guys, now you can tell me how terrible this is without having it be permenantly stuck up to the top!

...except now no one's going to look at this thread now that the issue over it being stickied is done with. XD Ah well, such is life.

...*wanders off to work on next chapter since it's so damn long*

Gah, I'm pushing the envelope this week...ugh. X_x I just didn't feel motivated...I had a really, really, really bad week this week, which lead to silly depression and had me thinking no one reads this and everyone on this forum hates me for posting these crap fics which really are terrible since they're so depressing and there was no point to writing this. Which is really stupid, huh?

No matter how much I can't seem to convince myself it's not all true.

Right, anyway...here we go. Chapter Eleven is up.

Summary:

Things are getting even worse for Raz...but he may have hope. Nereus's own sister may have some insight on what exactly is going on with this place, and our villian. Meanwhile, Lili, Sasha, and Milla have gone to visit Razputin's dad...will they find the truth to what exactly is behind this age-old fight between the Galochio's and the Aquato's?

As usual, feedback would be greatly appreciated, no matter how small, be it simple encouragement or constructive criticism. Seriously guys, it would really be great, feedback would let me know I have more than five people reading this thing...

Yes, yes, I know. But that's why I'm trying to get people to review. Yeah, the section is really small, that's why people really need to work at supporting the writers that are in it. I know more than five people read it, it won't kill them to take five extra minutes to tell the author what they thought.

I, personally, try my best to review every fic I've read. Even if I can't do it right away because of time restriants, I almost always go back and review. As a writer I know how much they can help, not to mention improve a writers day. No, people don't have to uphold the same standards as me, but even so, if they're following a fic, as apparently around fourty are, it won't hurt them to take a minute out of their day to give some feedback.

That's just my opinion, though. *shrugs*

Archived