Home

-Fic- Cursum Peficio -Fic-

The 2nd chapter is very good. I like how you introduced all the main characters. I thought Razputin would have told Oleander about his family's curse though--after what they went through together in the Meat Circus I can't see why Raz wouldn't feel comfortable telling him--but that's just a minor grumble.

The "big bad boss" scene seemed a little cliche, and probably not as intimidating as you were aiming for, but you got to introduce the villain somehow.

I like where this is going. It's pretty dark--which I don't normally like, but I'm prepared to saunter amiably on--and the dialogue seems generally to be quite tight. I'm going to read chapter 3 for tonight/tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh...sorry this update is a week late, guys. I wanted to meet my deadline, I really did! But my last two weeks have been insanely busy, my school is on Trimesters, so I had a ton of work and essays to do, and once all that was done I had to study for my exams. It was not a good time. I almost missed my update today too since the update thing was being stupid, but thankfully a friend of mine taught my a trick...and it worked. I can now bypass the stupid document upload system when it's being stupid, joy. Even so, I have wasted the past...*glances at clock* four hours fighting with the stupid thing...ugh.

Also, this chapter was really a pain to write. It's the kind of chapter that you know what you need to write, but it seems no matter what you do it's just not coming out onto the keyboard. To be honest, writing this chapter was a bit like beating my head repeatedly against a brick wall, and I think it shows. Ah well, I tried, I really did! I just hope it didn't turn out too horrible...if it turns out to be really puke-worthy bad after that long wait you guys had, feel free to throw bricks in my general direction.

Right...on, that note, yeah, okay, after a lot of sweat and toil chapter twelve is up.

Summary:

Two hundred years ago, Desya Aquato and Adrian Galochio went to explore a cave. What they found was a demon...and what they started was a battle that would go on for generations. Who's really to blame? Who's really the bad guys here? Why were the Aquato's cursed to die in water? And where the hell is Raz!? These questions and more will be answered in this SUPER EXCITING chapter of Cursum Perficio!

</announcer>

...right, that's it for me. Someone please shoot me now...God, I feel terrible. X_x

Cool, I'll check up on it as soon as I can. And dont worry, I know the feeling. Some chapters are just hard to write, other times you're just drained. And what is this li'l trick? The document system really seems to enjoy being a bitch at times. On other notes, Elusive Insanity is deleted, though a little oneshot should be up in 2 days. ASoP is being written but wont be posted till I finish drawing out all the OCs that were lent and put them on my Deviantart.

*yawns sleepy* I saw EI was deleted. I was bummed, but I understand. I'm excited to see this one-shot of yours and the continuation of ASoP.

As for the trick, got into stories, then click on any story and go to "context/chapters". I think it might have to be a multi-chapter for it to work, I'm not sure. But as long as there's an "exp" option next to it, you click that. This exports a copy of that chapter automatically to the document manager, so you go to that copy and just paste what you want to post into that document. Then just upload the exported chapter.

It doesn't get rid of the original or anything like that. I'm not sure if it works for new stories...it should, though.

Another week, another CP chapter. Joy, right? Gah, I'm amazed I managed this one, I've been so busy...it didn't come out as good as I hoped, though. The fight scene in particular came out terrible...ugh...

Well, here you guys are, chapter thirteen.

Summary:

Nereus is getting sick of waiting for Raz to finally break down and surrender. Meanwhile, our favorite campers and Lili are finally all set to invade Nereus's base and rescue Raz...will their mission be a success, or will they only make things worse?

As usual guys, feedback is really appreciated. I mean, seriously...if you're lurking and reading, would it kill you to take a few minutes and drop a comment? You don't have to, but I could really use the encouragement...critique is also, of course, very greatly appreciated.

Well, that's all. On to Twenty-Five Days.

You're reading it? Seriously? Geez, I was convinced you hated this thing...don't know why, but I was unless...unless you're only telling me "STFU ABOUT THE BEGGING LURKERS TO REVIEW, YO!"

And I know...but even so, I'd like to know who's reading and what their opinions are. It's not so much the review count that matters as just finding out exactly who out there's reading and if they like what they see, and if they don't working out exactly what I can do to fix it. Don't get me wrong, I am thankful for all the reviews I've gotten, and I'll be eternally grateful. Even so, getting continual opinions so I know I'm doing okay or could stand for improvement would be appreciated. I'm not trying to be selfish, I just want to make sure I'm doing what the readers want and to see how many are reading.

Also, once again, I try to review everything I read, because I know how important feedback can be to an author. Feedback can be really important when it comes to inspiring an author to continue their fics and help them do better.

Sorry for the double post, just needed to get this out and I figured making another post would help to alert people.

I'd like to formally apologize for begging so much for reviews. It really is rather greedy of me, and makes it seem as if I'm not thankful for the ones I have recieved. Don't worry, I'm honored to find I have a whole 80 reviews, that's insane for a Psychonauts fic, and I know from the hits that plenty of people read it as well. I truly am amazed that people come back to this thing week after week and keep reading, because in all honesty it hardly deserves it. There are plenty of other fics out there that deserve just as many reviews, hell, tons more at that.

I just hope people will understand that I'm really not trying to be greedy...I just work very, very hard at this fic, and when people just read and don't review, it makes me feel like my work isn't worth it. I'm not asking for reviews just to up my review count, I'm asking for them so I know...you know, people still want to read this thing. I still have eight or nine chapters to go, and each of those is likely to be fifteen pages or longer, most likely the latter. It's a lot of work..and don't get me wrong, I do enjoy writing it, and by no means am I doing it purely for reviews...but feedback is really what encourages me to keep going, and with all this on top of Twenty-five days, I could really use it.

By no means am I trying to say "review mine and no one elses", either. Like I've said, there are plenty of other fics out there that deserve just as many reviews, if not more. I think there should be a lot more reviewing all around. Psychonauts is a very small section, meaning every bit of feedback is important. Even if all you have to say is "Nice chapter, I liked it", taking the time to say those few words can mean the world to the author. It's stupidly idealistic of me, but I think if we could all try a hand at reviewing the fics we read a bit more, we could get this section going a lot faster.

But now I'm rambling on and on, so I should probably stop before someone throws a brick at me like I probably deserve...

Oh! Lastly, I'd like to take this time to shout out to two of you who have been faithful reviewers, as without you I probably would have given up a long time ago:

Miss Mayhem: From the beginning you've been around, and let me just say out of any reviews I get, it's your opinion I most look forward to. You're a vetren of this place, and words from you mean a lot. You've always got something nice to say, but if I've screwed up a bit you don't hesitate to tell me either. From the first chapter onward you've always reviewed, even when it took you awhile and I was a bit of a jerk about it.

Lord Pancake: You showed up around the middle of the fic, and have been around ever since. Hell, you even joined LM. You always seem excited by these stupid chapters, and that always makes me smile, although I do feel guilty since I pestered you the past few chapters. I'm terribly sorry about that, I just truly value your opinion and want to see what you think. Thanks a lot, man.

There are several others who deserve this as well (Strawhat Dragon, Kittens in Baskets, subzeroace) but I'm pretty sure none of them are here so I'd be wasting my breath. Just let it be known that I truly appreciate all of you and thank you for all the kind words you've given.

So to sum it all up, sorry for being such a review whore guys, and I hope you'll all continue to read and review to keep me from wanting to crawl under my desk and die if it suits you.

...right, that's all~!

...*dodges various thrown bricks and runs away*

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, it's been awhile, hasn't it guys? Sorry...I meant to do this and Twenty Five Days, but things just didn't work out that way. The good news is...well, hey, I can finally update!

Granted, it's a very depressing chapter to end this year and start the new one with...but eh, it can't be helped.

Behold, chapter fourteen.

Summary: Nereus is done waiting for Raz to surrender, meaning he has but one choice left...something which Raz is unlikely to survive. A strange someone has come to Lili and the campers aide...but will even that be enough to save Raz?

Be warned, this chapter is really long...like...twenty-eight pages. And you all may want to kill me at the end....yeah.

Well...um...enjoy...I guess...I'll be over here, hiding under my desk for when you all finish and want me dead for either burning your eye sockets out from so much reading or for the actual end of the chapter.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh good God FINALLY!

Words cannot express how much I hated this chapter. I knew what was supposed to happen and it was supposed to be easy...except it really, really wasn't. I had the worst writers block ever, it was crazy. I only just managed to struggle over it yesterday, hence why this chapter is late (which I'm really sorry about, by the way).

I've been slaving over this chapter for two weeks, and to put it plainly it has been the biggest pain in the ass ever to write. Overall, it didn't turn out as bad as I thought, though some parts are honestly terrid. It could be worse than it is, though, which is good. Granted, the parts that I do think are somewhat decent are horribly cliche...but like I said, it'd not as bad as it could be.

So yeah...on that note...

Chapter fifteen is up!

Summary: Nereus has his weapon. He has no need to be secretive anymore, and has at last set his plan for mass genocide into motion. The worlds armies have nothing. The agency has given up. But Lili won't. She never will, and neither will Sasha and Milla.

But will that be enough?

• 1 month later...

No, I am not dead. Shame, I know. I'm sure you were all honestly hoping I'd just dropped off the face of the planet, what with me and my constant updating and review whoring.

But nah, I'm not dead. Not that anyone will care, but eh, whatever.

...yeah...okay. So I'm really, really sorry about taking so long to update. I really am. Long story short, I've had a rather busy month. You know, in between my computer getting a worm (sister clicked on the .exe file, the moron), some crazy personal issues, Digi suddenly finding she has a life and being busy every weekend, and my crazy awesome Psychonauts RP Ludus Mentis, I've been a bit...distracted from writing. And...you know, when I don't write for awhile I start losing confidence and long story short I spent about four weeks angsting and wondering if anyone cared for this fic and so on and so on.

Buuut that's over with. And now I'm here. Yes, that does mean chapter sixteen is up~!

Summary: Raz's mind is in chaos after what Nereus has done to it. His world is a splintered mess of what was once his memories, emotions, and personality. Sasha, Milla, and Lili have gone in to try to fix it...but can Raz be fixed?

I really agree with the feedback thing. Feedback is one of those things that writer need to keep going, and without it, and without knowing how people are liking your story, one third of the reasoning behind writing goes out of the window (the other two being enjoyment and money).

An author should write a story not because of the reviews but for their own reasons (not including reviews -_-; ) such as expression, and creative release (very similar to sexual release).

In fact I write for a "fandom" where I am the only person actually in it. Crazy, huh?

No, I am not dead. Shame, I know. I'm sure you were all honestly hoping I'd just dropped off the face of the planet, what with me and my constant updating and review whoring.

On three. Ready? One. Two. Three. WE LOVE YOU.

So seriously stop wondering if we hate your story or not. In fact go and write something totally ridiculous, post it, and be proud-say it loud! In fanfiction your possibilities are limitless and the style is your own. As long as you really put effort into it than of course it's going to come out good. As always a few things can be brushed up but that's what reviews (and constant writing) are for.

If someone gives you **** for it well then, that's their opinion. It's totally valid but that doesn't mean it's bad. If someone gives you a review it's still their opinion and you can make your own decision if you need to fix up what they were suggesting.

This has inspiried me to make an odd post on the OFF (Yay the Simpsons!) thread.

• 2 months later...

And nine weeks later I actually update. Oh man.

I'm really sorry this took so long, guys. It's been one of the chapters I've been dying to write...but when I got to it I couldn't seem to write it. It...wasn't much fun. Hopefully actually updating will get me into the swing of things again.

On the bright side, though it took me forever, I do really like this chapter. It addresses a lot of things that should have been hit ages ago, and although I'm worried it might repeat itself here and there, overall I like it. I just hope it's not too angsty or sappy...if it is, tell me, okay?

Erm...yeah, I'm too tired to say much more. Just read and please review, alright?

Chapter seventeen is up.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I tell you, I get really lazy with things: I was 1/3 the way through Eragon back in May and have only recently started back. I do the same with message boards: post 20 some days, then go weeks on end without posting anything. I don't see how one can post 10K posts unless they're talking about jack sh*t.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived