Home

FOC Patch requests/suggestions/ideas

Rust_Lord

Okay gamers here's your chance to go crazy and make all your requests for the inevitable FOC patch. Hopefully this will gain the attention of our buddies at PG and they may give some consideration to the wishes/opinions of their devoted customers. While it might be more appropriate to have a seperate FOC thread under 'tech issues' for bugs, it might just be easier to lump everything into this thread.

Fire away!

Regards

Rusty

I wont steal anyone's glory so first off I will go for a simple one, I was playing the small GC focused on capture of the Maw; playing as the Empire and I found a bug where Pietts proton beam stayed on screen and did not damage a hardpoint. Piett moved away and the graphic remained and continued to remain until the hardpoint was destroyed.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well thats a no brainer but is there anything *specific* you want changed? Like the Vengeance frigates need to be made a little less tougher or to tone down the mass drivers a bit; either lower damage or lower rate of fire if they want to keep the ability to ignore shields; Longer recharge on the point defence lasers and a smaller burst of missiles on the Interceptor IVs. While they are at it, how about making the interdictor a bit more useful; another four lasercannons would be good = with a corellian corvette.

Simple: IG-88.

I've seen a lot of proposed solutions to how broken he is, but here's what I see as the simplest.

The Rebels can destroy the DS by winning a space battle involving it with Rogue squadron. They need to work for the kill. Why not simply make it exactly the same for IG-88? Make it so the Consortium must win a space battle over the DS with IG-88 alive.

The way it is now simply cannot be allowed to stay as it is. The Empire has to spend a fortune researching, building, and protecting it. The Rebels have to win a freaking Epic space battle versus the inevtibly huge defence fleet probably including the Executor too, while their cruisers are getting completely owned by the DS's laser, and keep Rogue squadron alive. (As described it's actually exactly like in RotJ.) The Zann Consortium? Drag a unit to a little circle: boom, with no warning or defense.

Considering the Rebels canonically destroyed the thing, there is no way to justify giving the Consortium a way to destroy the Death Star that's 100 times easier. Make them win a space battle over it too.

PLEASE.

Simple: IG-88.

I've seen a lot of proposed solutions to how broken he is, but here's what I see as the simplest.

The Rebels can destroy the DS by winning a space battle involving it with Rogue squadron. They need to work for the kill. Why not simply make it exactly the same for IG-88? Make it so the Consortium must win a space battle over the DS with IG-88 alive.

The way it is now simply cannot be allowed to stay as it is. The Empire has to spend a fortune researching, building, and protecting it. The Rebels have to win a freaking Epic space battle versus the inevtibly huge defence fleet probably including the Executor too, while their cruisers are getting completely owned by the DS's laser, and keep Rogue squadron alive. (As described it's actually exactly like in RotJ.) The Zann Consortium? Drag a unit to a little circle: boom, with no warning or defense.

Considering the Rebels canonically destroyed the thing, there is no way to justify giving the Consortium a way to destroy the Death Star that's 100 times easier. Make them win a space battle over it too.

PLEASE.

Woah, hold on. I'm going to buy FoC this weekend, so I haven't played it yet. But IG-88 doesn't have to be involved in a battle to blow up the Death Star? That's madness! That means there is nothing to stop the consortium from removing the most expensive unit in the game.

I know he is permanently removed from play, but is that really balanced when you're talking about a huge financial hit for the Empire player? Also, is this still the case when losing the DS is a losing condition? If it is, that's pretty dumb.

Oh, and on-topic for a patch: fix the sound bugs I've been hearing about, with units like the TIE Phantom having the voice of a Scout.

Hi,

There is a problem with the Death Star II superlaser. When i use it to destroy a planet after having destroyed a ship, the planet explodes without the superlaser.

And i've also noticed that for Nal hutta, the death star destroy the planet moon and not the planet itself !! (also when i've destroyed a ship before)

There is also a bug for space Bespin Map where chips and Death Star are in the planet atmosphere and you can't destroy it.The only mean to destroy Bespin is to go on the galactic map.

That's all (i think) for the death star II bugs.

i think u should be able to hav old republic stuff, coz they dont make a whole of clone wars games uno, imeen in space maybe a jedi starfighter, arc170 fighter, gunship, droid starfighter etc and maybe for land clones and droids (obviosley) spider walkers...and if anyones seen Clone wars part1 & 2 they should put some of the planets from that if they havent, or missions(thats wat they should of done for republic commando) plz reply papercut210@hotmail.com

i think u should be able to hav old republic stuff, coz they dont make a whole of clone wars games uno, imeen in space maybe a jedi starfighter, arc170 fighter, gunship, droid starfighter etc and maybe for land clones and droids (obviosley) spider walkers...and if anyones seen Clone wars part1 & 2 they should put some of the planets from that if they havent, or missions(thats wat they should of done for republic commando) plz reply papercut210@hotmail.com

Okay, one. No offense and please don't take this as a flame, lean how to spell.

Two. I think they should make a New Republic expansion instead of Clone Wars, it'd be the first New Republic/Yuuzhan Vong game!

There are a few bugs and balance issues I've noticed...

- Rouge Squadron disappears forever when destroyed in GC.

- The Rebel transport is unbuildable even when C-3PO and R2-D2 steal the tech.

- The Vengeance frigates are practically indestructible, their mass drivers destroy fighters too quickly and their armor seems unaffected by laser blasts. Maybe lower the HP health or lower the rate of fire on their mass drivers.

- The TIE phantoms can be detected by the AI when using the "stealth" ability.

- The warning of an incoming enemy fleet is "ysalamiri cage constructing."

- The Keldabe Cruiser and Aggressor Cruiser can be built anywhere (without Mon Calamari, Kuat etc...). This seems to cause balance issues with the number of capital ships that can be built at one time.

- The "Revolt" corruption ability is way too overpowered. I lost a level 5 space station, turbolaser towers, a Magnapulse cannon and a barracks on Fondor when the Consortium instigated a "revolt." This is annoying because their is NO way to defend against a revolt.

- IG-88 can destroy the death star without any difficulty. This is a major balance issue that needs attention. At least add some challenge to the "Hack Death Star" ability. It feels too easy.

There are some other minor things I've noticed but these are the glitches and balance issues that really get on my nerves.

The rebels in GC only build ion cannons and they doesnt even use them...this happened in medium dificulty they had tatoine and some other planets with just ion cannons but in the space battles no one was fired (spanish version of FOC btw)

Totally valid point about the IG-88 thing. He doesnt just take out the death star but the planet, any fleet and characters in the system at the time. My brother, to his surprise, found out last night when his prize fleet including executor was destroyed without a fight. First thing he knew EVERY hero was removed from play, since they were all either in space or on the planet where the DS was located. Point taken the DS can be built again but apart from losing characters and the planet the fleet would have cost over 40000 easy.

Aside to this I think I found another bug; while combating a ZC force with the DS alone (and its support fleet) the DS could not target the space station. There was no frigates it could target and it seems that it needs to be able to target frigates/cap ships before it can target space stations. Anyone else experienced this because ive definately used the DS to destroy both space stations before while frigs/cap ships were present.

Totally valid point about the IG-88 thing. He doesnt just take out the death star but the planet, any fleet and characters in the system at the time. My brother, to his surprise, found out last night when his prize fleet including executor was destroyed without a fight. First thing he knew EVERY hero was removed from play, since they were all either in space or on the planet where the DS was located. Point taken the DS can be built again but apart from losing characters and the planet the fleet would have cost over 40000 easy.

Exactly. If this happened, it's highly unlikely that the Empire player would be able to recover from that loss. There should be an added degree of difficulty, as well as some interactivity IMO.

There are a few bugs and balance issues I've noticed...

- Rouge Squadron disappears forever when destroyed in GC.

- The Rebel transport is unbuildable even when C-3PO and R2-D2 steal the tech.

- The Vengeance frigates are practically indestructible, their mass drivers destroy fighters too quickly and their armor seems unaffected by laser blasts. Maybe lower the HP health or lower the rate of fire on their mass drivers.

- The TIE phantoms can be detected by the AI when using the "stealth" ability.

- The warning of an incoming enemy fleet is "ysalamiri cage constructing."

- The Keldabe Cruiser and Aggressor Cruiser can be built anywhere (without Mon Calamari, Kuat etc...). This seems to cause balance issues with the number of capital ships that be built at one time.

- The "Revolt" corruption ability is way too overpowered. I lost a level 5 space station, turbolaser towers, a Magnapulse cannon and a barracks on Fondor when the Consortium instigated a "revolt." This is annoying because their is NO way to defend against a revolt.

- IG-88 can destroy the death star without any difficulty. This is a major balance issue that needs attention. At least add some challenge to the "Hack Death Star" ability. It feels too easy.

There are some other minor things I've noticed but these are the glitches and balance issues that really get on my nerves.

I've noticed the same bugs as well as some others that I will list below:

---Sometimes when you play a GC game you can't tech up to level 5, and yes I did make extra sure that I set max tech level to 5. This is a strange bug that seems to happen hit and miss for me. When I had this happen to me I was playing as rebs and I couldn't steal tech to buy B-Wings, the mon cal frigate, and etc. I also wasn't able to use Luke. :(

---When you DO get Luke in a GC game, one of his special abilities in a space battle is still the "lucky shot". However it doesn't seem to work as whenever I click on it to use against an hardpoint on an enemy ship it acts as if I clicked on nothing. In other words, the ability seems to not be activated or something.

---Random events doesn't seem to work. I have made extra certain that I have activated it in each GC game that I have started and I never get random events to occur.

---What happened to Kyle Katarn and Mara Jade? :(

For one thing, the Vengence Frigates seem fine to me they are one of the Underworld's advantages. Mass Drive is fine, without their current power the ship would be useless. also Vatler, try being prepared for it next time, when I have played as the consoritorium I have been able to do that with a few heroes, so you have to be ready for anything (land base must have been low). The Aggressor and Keldabe cannot be build everywhere, read the planet discriptions in the manual, I have not been able to build them everywhere.

Indeed ;)

Anyways , i think that the Executor should get a Abillity that allows vader to get out of the Executor in his Tie advanced ( To make it fair u could only have the abillity when the Executor has taken serious damage)

Or at any time you want.

For one thing, the Vengence Frigates seem fine to me they are one of the Underworld's advantages. Mass Drive is fine, without their current power the ship would be useless. also Vatler, try being prepared for it next time, when I have played as the consoritorium I have been able to do that with a few heroes, so you have to be ready for anything (land base must have been low). The Aggressor and Keldabe cannot be build everywhere, read the planet discriptions in the manual, I have not been able to build them everywhere.

"Valter" not "Vatler." ;)

It has nothing to do with being "unprepared." I had three Star Destroyers (including Thrawn) and numerous Tartans and TIE Defenders but I was unable to defeat five Vengeance frigates and three Crusaders. I had all of my star destroyers target one Vengeance at a time while having my Defenders attack the mass drivers. One of the Vengeance frigates exploded and effectivally destroyed all of my Defenders and the others were being pounded by my destroyers but were taking little to no damage at all. The TIE bombers were blown out of the way by the mass drivers and their missiles were intercepted by point-defense lasers.

I am not complaining about the abilities of the Vengeance, just the fact that they are practically invincible.

well i agree that they are extremly strong but they dont have a shield, and id suggest that you should have held all your units near your space station, grouped your bombers and fighters for protection and swing around their flank, take the courvettes out wit you imp stars, then when there gone your bombers are safe enough, i know that the mass drivers take them out well but if you just mass them, and send them in from behind then you wil be safe.

that is one good thing about them, they cant fire there mass drivers in any direction other then forwards, meanin if you can get behind them and stay there, you just worry about those turbo lasers, which wont be a problem.

by the way i hop that you dont think im flaming you, im not, just offering some advice

Archived