Home

FOC Patch requests/suggestions/ideas

Rust_Lord

I understand, but there are some problems with the strategies you listed.

-I was attacking, not defending, so I had no space station at that time.

-It's pretty hard to flank the Vengeance frigates with those Crusaders covering them with point-defense-lasers.

-The Crusaders are very small targets so the Star Destroyers have a hard time hitting them with their turbolasers. More Crusaders keep hyperspacing in once a Crusader is destroyed anyway. (They are garrison units)

-TIE bombers are slow, therefore they are destroyed very quickly by the mass drivers, besides that, the Crusaders destroy any bombers that make it behind the Vengeance frigates.

-If I group my fighters and bombers together the Vengeance frigate simply self-destructs and destroys all of my fighters.

-If I use a screen of TIE interceptors to cover my TIE bombers then my Destroyers are vulnerable to attack by Skiprays.

I appreciate the help Jedi Jim, but I've tried numerous strategies and the only ones that seem to work is to use the Death Star or bring in the Executor.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The black market weapons for the ZC are better. It is not a bug it was meant to be. Play balance is exactly how it should be IMHO.

The "only" change that "might" be valid is in space skirmish only. They "might" want to consider making the ZC buy the black market enhancements and not start off with them. Other than that Imps and Rebs will just need to face the fact the ZC is here and they need to fight differently than they do when facing each other.

I wish they would do the Vong war era, oh maybe not based on all the whinning about the ZC's power, can't imagine the screams of bloody murder as those SSD's bite the dust ;)

Darth khasei think about this the empire uses the illegal weapons that they say civilians cant not use so does the rebelion. It doesnt make sence that the corupt side can get different tech from stealing from the empire/rebelion. The other 2 sides are not idiots zan is over powered his tech was never made, They made itimbalanced because they only thought of making the corupt side "cool".

Darth khasei think about this the empire uses the illegal weapons that they say civilians cant not use so does the rebelion. It doesnt make sence that the corupt side can get different tech from stealing from the empire/rebelion. The other 2 sides are not idiots zan is over powered his tech was never made, They made itimbalanced because they only thought of making the corupt side "cool".

LOL! Dude the fact that the Rebs use CP3O to steal plans so the rebs can build T4B's that own empires repulsors is the same thing. Meaning its a game function, not to be taken any other way period.

In terms of strength of other factions vs Imps and rebs I have some personal opinions on why all the uproar. I just like the fact that Petro had the huevos to make the ZC a faction that is as tough to deal with as RL crime lords. Kudos to you Petro, ZC rocks, now all we need is the Vong's :)

The day they make a Vong expansion to any SW game is the day that game series dies, IMO.

On topic, I don't think this is the patch to make any big changes (IG-88 aka Captain Broken), just to fix the bugs in the game. The adding can come after they have cleaned up the game. Oh, and a tiny bit of balancing the Consortium fighters. Tone down the StarVipers, and increase the cost of the Skiprays.

Let me think darth khasei is thier any crimelord that could stand up to the U.S. no, has their every been probbaly not maybe during the colonail days, i agree zans faction should be balanced but shouldnt be better then the empire, now if u want to talk realism the the empire should have thousands of sders lets see zans 50 ship force beat that.

Let me think darth khasei is thier any crimelord that could stand up to the U.S. no, has their every been probbaly not maybe during the colonail days, i agree zans faction should be balanced but shouldnt be better then the empire, now if u want to talk realism the the empire should have thousands of sders lets see zans 50 ship force beat that.

Hmm, I'm not going to get political about the US, but if you don't think oil baron crime lords run the US, I feel for you. All of that kind of stuff will become clearer to you as you get older mate, no worries.

The last part of your post indicates the clear misunderstanding many share with you about the ZC and how it is suppose to fit into the EAW:FOC world. I would ask if you played the campaign, but it matters not as it clearly goes through the steps, tactics, strategies and reasons how and why the ZC comes to power, check it out ;)

If they do it is only because the us chooses to do so.

I saw how he came to power, even then the imperail fleet would have been at large, the fact that he could destroy a ssder is bogus, i hateo say it but petro disapointed me with the story it should have been different and it should have been a heck of alot longer.

Now on to balance u still havent answered my question why would the imperails have superior tech, after all they use it them selves theout law the ilegal stuff to give them selves a advantage.

Now none of this matters as it is a game but still he should be in line with the other factions and thats what we are hoping for in the next patch.

LOL@ "oil barons run this country"

We haven't sunk that far mind you. I've nothing against cyncism until it because so extreme/radical that it skews your view like it has done to yours.

I started to write you a pm but I think every should be aware about the truth. Do just a "little" digging for info for yourself. It is out there in the public domain. Don't think that you are getting the truth from the 6:00pm news because you are only getting what the corporate interest want you to get. It is not radical by any means, but it is the truth and sometimes the truth is painful and nasty. And yes governments "do" lie to their citizens.

Once again age, experience and time will show the truth, not propaganda or blindness to the truth ;)

If they do it is only because the us chooses to do so.

I saw how he came to power, even then the imperail fleet would have been at large, the fact that he could destroy a ssder is bogus, i hateo say it but petro disapointed me with the story it should have been different and it should have been a heck of alot longer.

Now on to balance u still havent answered my question why would the imperails have superior tech, after all they use it them selves theout law the ilegal stuff to give them selves a advantage.

Now none of this matters as it is a game but still he should be in line with the other factions and thats what we are hoping for in the next patch.

Well the entire thing is all make believe from GL and the guys at Petro's head anyway, so bogus stories and plot props etc.. should be expected. In addition, the story seems fine to me, probably since I am not tied to the Imps or rebs the way some are in the SW world. :)

I am more than sure all of those that hate the plot and the power of the ZC etc.. ad nauseum will pony up and mod the game to their hearts desire for release of even their own personal use. This way all of the ppl that could do a better job than Petro will rise to the top...... Waiting patiently :lol:

-Stay on topic.

-We're too close!

-STAY ON TOPIC!

-Loosen up!

-*Explodes*

-Gold Five to Red leader, lost Khasei, lost Carth. They came from... behind!

Seriously, you guys are great and all, but keep this conversation out of this thread please. Can we get back to bug reports for the patch?

Some excellent bug catches have been made already here, congrats on spotting them gang. I'll add a coupe more here...

- The rebels don't fire ground based ion cannons in GC. (May have been mentioned already, if so sorry for the dupe) I haven't played a full GC with Rebels yet, don't know if the Imps fire hypervelocity guns.

- When attacking Bespin with the DSII, your fleet warps INTO the DS. It needs to be moved to a different part of the map or have its altitude changed.

- The Admonitor (Thrawn) doesen't have correct collision detection; he clips through other ISDs and the Executor sometimes.

- Speaking of the Admonitor, its tractor beam isn't an auto-fire ability as it is on other ISDs (Bug).

- (This is more of a balance issue/opinion than a bug) Vader is no longer a viable land unit since the Executor is too valuable to lose, even temporarily. I'd MUCH rather keeping him as he was before and making Piett the Executor. I believe it would work very well as right now the Empire gets 3 hero Capital ships whereas the other sides get only 1, and Piett commanded the Executor in canon anyway. Thrawn more than makes up for losing Piett as an ISD, and the Empire STILL would have more hero capital ships than the others at 2. Not having Vader in land battles really cracks down on the ability to counter Luke/Yoda/Obi-Wan being thrown at you.

- Again more of an opinion, but I'll add my voice to the crowd saying that Vengeance frigates have too many hit points. Its my belief that any ship that can cloak to move around to attack a capital ship from behind with high-powered weapons should have a glass jaw.

- In GC, I often see the AI leave ground-only hero units in space because there are already 10 units on the surface. Last time I played they kept moving their last remaining significant space fleet around with Obi-wan, Luke and Yoda in it, and wouldn't leave them on a planet's surface. When I attacked them finally (I was waiting for the AI to get them out of the space fleet since I WANTED to fight them on the ground, but it didn't happen) there was a Neb-B with all three of them on it, which the AI proceeded to throw at a wall of my ISDs. I actually felt sad for those guys, and really lame when I destroyed that ship. That's just one example but I see it often. Keep Yoda/Obi-wan/others out of space fleets!

After a bit of play testing over the weekend (most game time was dominated by CoH which has REAL balance) I am going to turn things on their head a bit, from what I said before. I think the main thing that unbalances the ZC is their income and if this was corrected then their units COULD be left as is. But I am talking seriously hampering what they can produce now. If their cost was accurate and their income equal to the other factions then I think the problem would be solved.

The Scenario: While in Skirmish on the Endor map I tried the last strategy I had left to try; holding off the ZC until I had access to ISDs and then counter attacking. Now the Endor map has 5 mines. I held control of 3 and the the fourth (in the middle of the map) for a good period until the ZC started to advance in force and destroyed it. They never made use of this mine as I had a unit which could observe it. So they had *ONE* mine and their supply depot. I tested it and a supply depot brings in 300 credits a minute. Each mine brings in approx 1100 credits a minute. So I was getting at least three times more income as the ZC (in theory). I was able to tech up to 5 and bring on Thrawn. All the while I had to fend off multiple small attacks which I did easily. I thought I had half a chance.

HOWEVER very shortly after I brought on Thrawn, I spot an Aggressor closing in with support. How were they able to tech up and afford this craft you ask while still keeping me busy with Vengeance Fr, Int IVs and Star Vipers? I have no idea. But wait it gets worse. Certain I could repel the Aggressor my confidence was high but this quickly turned to despair as out of hyperspace behind the lead aggressor arrived two more! I had only just been able to tech up and get Thrawn and they have **3** cap ships, and they bought on a fourth after I destoryed one! Yet their ships and upgrades are supposed to be expensive too. Needless to say I had lost two of my mines by then, one i go back but they did this all on ONE FRIGGIN MINE! I can't contain my anger with this game anymore. Its shelved until PG fix this crap and I will vote with my wallet and not buy any my PG guff again. If crime pays then I guess its okay for me to resort to crime too and pirate any future PG releases and save me paying for buggy and unbalanced software, especially when its inferior to some of the mods getting around! Boo to you PG.

I have played a SP GC game as the rebels for quite a while now. I have yet to see a hypervelocity gun fire at my ships. Just an observation.

I also have a new concern with the rogue squadron disappearing bug. What are you supposed to do when the Empire builds the Death Star? Without Rogue squadron the rebs have no way of destroying the DS unless the consortium uses IG88 to do it.

BTW, in my GC game the empire AI has started building the Death Star twice now and cancelled production after a few seconds each time. WTH? The only nice thing about them stopping production from my perspective is the fact that my Rogue squadron disappeared from the game a long time ago and I would have no way of destroying the DS.

I might just make a small clarrification too; its not simply the ZC that is the issue. I encounter the same issue (unreal income) in skirmish with any faction on medium (I havent dared play Hard after trying Med), it's just that due to the superiority of the ZC units that this effect is magnified. I know its something of an exploit if your able to grab all of the mines early in the game and have complete dominance, but rather than give the computer an improper income just to compete, fix the AI so it goes after mines and defends them rather than what is nothing more than cheating.

Archived