Home

Gallofree transport

Aayla-Secura

As stated in numerous other threads and NOT speaking from experience (Havent had a chance to play rebs in GC yet) if you fiddle with the starting tech level for GC then some units are not available for rebs. If you 'tech up' the usual way then they should be available however there are bugs with the rebs tech system so dont stress, the patch will fix it.

We hope :p

thanks, i was goning to say thats the only bug i have with getting units, but it seems everyone has it

Yes it is an error in the xml code..Its in the Groundcompany entry for the unit.

The Required Special Structure entry needs to be changed from U_Ground_Vehicle_Factory to R_Ground_Heavy_Vehicle_Factory

Looking through the xml the only special structure that has any reference to this unit is the heavy vehicle factory.

Hope that helps :)

• 4 weeks later...
Yes it is an error in the xml code..Its in the Groundcompany entry for the unit.

The Required Special Structure entry needs to be changed from U_Ground_Vehicle_Factory to R_Ground_Heavy_Vehicle_Factory

Looking through the xml the only special structure that has any reference to this unit is the heavy vehicle factory.

Hope that helps :)

I tried that fix. It makes sense. As it is now, I can only build the Gallofree unit in Skirmish Land Mode, not Galactic Conquest Mode.

UNITS_LAND_REBEL_GALLOFREE_HTT.XML

So if you do as you say, I get a XML Parsing Error as the game EXE starts up.

Still no Gallofree unit.

It will not work. Have you had any success with this, or am I doing something wrong?? Is there more to it?

OK I found the other Gallofree Transport mistake. There was another spelling error in that XML file, I changed it, and now it works perfect in GC mode and all forms of tech level starts.

Here is what I changed in addition to the above:

1) "The Required Special Structure entry needs to be changed from U_Ground_Vehicle_Factory to R_Ground_Heavy_Vehicle_Factory"

and

2) <!-- Non-Hero unit abilities description -->

*nits_Abilities_Data SubObjectList="Yes

Should read Units where the * is to be a U. The forum will not allow me to post the symbol, or the <> xml stuff. This spelling error is just above the first error.

Units_Abilities_Data

Now it is fixed and I have proven it. I wonder how well the AI uses this Unit.

Next, I am beefing up that worthless 'rapid-fire' gatling gun for the Rebel MDU.

Archived