Home

Problemas launching disk B

uhanam

I'm having problems launching disk B during the game. When the game asks to insert disk B, and I do so, the game crashes returning to windows. I have windows XP Professional and was able to install Grim Fandango without any problems. I'd appreciate if you could help me with this problem. thanks

I'm really in no position to be solving other peoples problems without having been able to so much as run the game myself, but if your problem is transitioning from Disk A to Disk B perhaps you should try running the game from your hard drive instead of from the disk. Somebody created a launcher which should allow you to do this very thing, which you can find here: http://www.grimfandango.net/?page=launcher

Hope this helps and you're able to solve your problem. Now if somebody would just come along and help me with mine (this board seems thoroughly dead, my problem has been detailed for most of a week and not a single response).

The fact is, that Grim Fandango is quite old, about 8 years or so now, and can suffer from a lot of problems, many of them being because the game was designed for Windows 98.

The Grim Fandango forums are mainly meant for Grim Fandango enthusiasts rather than game compatibility experts. There are a few reasonably knowledgeable people floating about, and the support forum can be helpful in cases where the problem is known and can be solved, but sometimes someone can post a problem, and noone really knows any more about how to solve it than the original poster.

Sometimes people will try and offer general helpful advice, for example, about the patch and compatibility modes, but occasionally noone can really think of anything helpful and the thread gets forgotten.

It's a sad state of things, but there's nothing much we can really do about it.

Archived