Home

Need updated exe!

Sunfox

So, I'm having a rather difficult time getting Sam & Max to run correctly, as it just crashes when it goes to use my MT-32 (other games such as DOTT and Fate work perfectly). I'd use ScummVM, however its MT-32 emulation is still a poor substitute, and surprisingly even its real-mode use of tht MT-32 sounds nothing like the original game does.

I've heard that there was an updated EXE released for some European compilation, and that it used to be hosted on samandmax.net... well, it's no longer there and I've searched everywhere - could some kind soul either point me to a link on the net or email it to me at [got file]?

Thanks!!

Yup, that's the page-slash-file I'm looking for. In fact, I even dug up what the page used to say:

"The Updated EXE: The easiest solution for Windows users is to download and unzip the updated version of the Sam & Max Hit the Road EXE file. You'll still need your CD, of course. All you need to do after unzipping the EXE (named "Sam & Max Hit the Road.exe") is to put your original DOS version of Sam & Max in the CD drive, run the new EXE you downloaded, and that's it!

This new Windows compatible version of Sam & Max Hit the Road is designed to autodetect your Sam & Max CD in the drive, and load it up, and start playing. The game should be playing perfecttly with sound and music and smooth graphics.

This updated version has some new "smoothed" video modes to help the game look a little more modern on new systems. However, if you don't like them and want to play the game in its original pixely form, you can change it back via the instructions on this site."

The file used to be http://www.samandmax.net/files/windows_exe.zip, which also doesn't exist. :-(

Archived