Home

What kind of video card?

Sithman1138

I use ATI myself. The best ATI card out at the moment is the X1950 XTX, which is the variant of the X1950 (Obviously lol).

EDIT: Just checked price from ATI's store. Their price for the X1950 XTX is $499. That's with 512mb memory. Looks nice.

p.s. this is a PCI Express gfx card.

i expect them mid next year with the next big gfx-card generations at the conventions, that they will support it.

id wait for a real big investment on hardware till that day ^^. but i guess since then some ppl will already run around with quadcore type computers lol *hinting at the direction of the presentationvideo of alan wake*

yea, but i wouldnt buy it, cause, simply the fact its _that new_ that theres no real driver support for it. i read in a couple of gamerelated forums that those who bought one not even got a real boost at fps cause of that.

PS: and at the guys question.. if u ask me, buy a 7800gt(/x) at ebay, old, cheaper, but good enough for todays games. and buy a "real one" next year.

I'm gonna end up needing to get a new system all together because apparently I don't have a PCI Express x16 slot on my Motherboard. So I'm getting a gateway with integrated 6100 graphics. It has a core duo and 2 GB or RAM. I still plan on getting a new card.

BTW, the 7950 GX2 comes in a whopping 700....That's the one I WANT. But ya never know. Maybe Santa will bring me a new card.

Archived