Home

Bots & Force Power Question

I have downloaded the newest version of OJP-E (009P) and I quite like the RPG aspects of it. However, I have some questions regarding bots.

With the new 'forcepowers' (blaster, jetpack, rocket launcher), I would like to know how I could add them to a bot's .jkb file. I have modified almost all bots myself in many aspects before, to make them as movie realistic as possible and that means that I have a lot of gunner bots as well.

In the .jkb file, there is a forceinfo variable with a lot of numbers that represent the powers and the level of that power. Does OJP add extra numbers to that for the new 'powers'? If so, I would like to know everything about it, so I can customize my (gunner) bots more to make them even more realistic.

Ah, ok, I see. I hope the force powers take priority over the weapon weights then.

By the way, another question about the bots (if I may). I have played some OJP with bots on my own server with RPG (minforcerank: 16 and maxforcerank: somewhere high), but the bots just keep punching each other and actually never get a lightsaber or force powers. They were bots that I created myself. Is there anything that I need to add to the personality files to make them distribute their hard-earned force points?

For bots to have sabers, they need force seeing level 1 as a prerequisite. Make sure that your bots get this.

We'll need to adjust the "vanilla" bots at some point to take that into account. As it is, most spawned bots (especially darksiders) never get sabers.

By the way, another question about the bots (if I may). I have played some OJP with bots on my own server with RPG (minforcerank: 16 and maxforcerank: somewhere high), but the bots just keep punching each other and actually never get a lightsaber or force powers. They were bots that I created myself. Is there anything that I need to add to the personality files to make them distribute their hard-earned force points?

BTW, it looks like it helps if you set minforcerank to a higher value.

:eyepop

Lmao, Hocks you always make me laugh like hell!

Yeah they were pretty hard at first, but if you use every feature we have they get easy towards the end. Riposting is very important when fighting them for example, as is timing.

But the sv_fps was really taking it's toll on Jask's rootserver, around 30-50% CPU usage :o

Yeah, it probably will. sv_fps is number of times the game world updates per second.

When you get up into the 60+ range, the number of updates go beyond the average update speed of the human eye. As such, any boost beyond 60-100 is useless from the player's pershective.

When you get up into the 60+ range, the number of updates go beyond the average update speed of the human eye. As such, any boost beyond 60-100 is useless from the player's pershective.

Yeah although on a small map in a solo game, I have noticed superior hit detection with between 100-150. Any more than that and I lag like a 386 playing Doom. :p Maybe if I had a faster computer.

Archived