Home

Throne of the Empire

Hiroki

Andrea smiled. "Have a seat," she said. "So the general didn't give us much time to get to know one another before we left." She sent the ship into hyperspace and then turned her chair to face Allen. "Do you know who I am?" There was no self-righteous arrogance in her voice as she asked the question; there was only curiosity. After all, Andrea had been involved in so many missions for the Resistance that it ceased to surprise her who knew of her.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With a slight smile, Andrea shook his hand. Then, she placed her right hand next to his ear, closing it into a fist and then opening it. Slight mechanical sounds could be heard. Andrea leaned back into her chair again.

"Don't worry," she said comfortingly, "you'll get used to it eventually. Though I think it may take you longer than it did me... looks like you've got a lot more functionality out of yours..." Almost as an afterthought, she asked, "How'd you loose it?"

"It's what happens when you try to be a hero. There was a burning building, people were trapped inside, so I kicked down a door, as soon as I did, the burning roof came down killing them, trapping my arm under burning wreckage, something else hit me in the head, knocked me out, somoen must have saved me because here I am. I lost my arm, my eye and saved no one in doing so." Allen told the story and he clenched his real fist in anger then let it go and smiled. "How about you? how'd you loose yours?"

Andrea grimaced. "Believe it or not, it was a training accident. My lightsaber overloaded... exploded, made a mess of my hand and about half of my forearm. I'm sure you understand why I was extremely cautious when building my second saber." She tapped the hilt clipped to her belt.

"Yeah, I can see that. I lost my hand, and my forearm, my upper arm though was just a little burnt." Allen pulled up his sleeve to show that the replacement went all the way up to his collar bone. "The guy decided to remove the whole thing and give me a totally new arm, which isn't bad, I mean I find new things everyday." Allen said with a smirk.

Andrea laughed. "Let me guess," she said, "they tried to give you a demonstration or a manual of some kind that tells you everything in that arm. But you, being stubborn and a typical male, you decided to experiment with it to discover its functionality... and so, you play with it, seeing what gets triggered by various thoughts you can come up with."

"Well yes and no. See the guy I got this from, well lets just say him and the law don't really get a long. So I never really got a manual, actually he did give me a controller but I destroyed it, I don't want help, if I'm to use it to its maximum potential I gotta struggle with it, well thats my theory anyway. Actually its a lot easier to use than the eye." Allen said as he pointed to his replacement eye.

Shadowfox was indeed playing with the rifle, but not in an amusing way. A curse left his lips as he took a part off and replaced it with another until he was satisfied. In the end it seemed that the wapon had changed completely into a new one that was a copy of the original. The Knight walked to the cockpit and rolled the blater around his fingr as he entered, flipped it so his hand grasped the barrel and the hilt pointed towards the former Jedi.

"There you go. If you find any problems with it, let me know. Due to the obvious reason of being in a spaceship, I couldn't test-fire it but everything should be fine" he said and looked at the stars streaking past.

"I never get tired of that sight" he said with a genuine smile on his face as he flipped the headset's screen back up and away from his view.

Andrea smiled at Allen. "Oh, don't feel you have to apologize for the way you speak. Sometimes it can be a little refreshing to hear something different."

Then, Shadowfox entered with the rifle and Andrea took it from him. "This will be put to good use," she said, nodding her approval. Standing, she held the rifle with her left hand and took her lightsaber hilt in her right. Keeping her finger off the trigger and her lightsaber unlit, she began what seemed like a dance around the cockpit.

"It's a little..." she murmured, as she 'danced', "... bulky, but... it's a rifle... can't expect more..." She executed a tight flip in the confinement of the cockpit and thrust both saber hilt and rifle forward, pretending to fire off a shot behind while thrusting the saber forward toward the wall. Then, she put her saber back on her belt and draped the rifle across her back.

"Should do nicely," she said, turning back to Grudo and Allen with a smile. "Thanks, Shadow."

Andrea smiled slightly. "It almost isn't," she said. "But with a little help from the Force and a keen awareness of exactly how far away everything is, I can squeeze one in. Barely."

She shrugged. "Allen, Shadow, I'm going to get a little rest before we come out of hyperspace. If I don't wake up before it's time, come get me, will you?"

"I'll fill the others in on things I guess" he said and walked out the cockpit too. a lone astromech rolled in and tweaked a few things in the onboard computer before going back to wherever it appeared from. The Imperial Knight walked over to the lounge and watched the people there. They were not many, but enought if any resistance would appear. In the end the most ruckus they would get into would be against two squads of stormtroopers at most. He believed that that was the least the group could do if they indeed are some of the best in the organization. after filling the rest in on their plans, he walked back to the cockpit, sat on one of the four seats and raised his feet up onto the panel. He removed his headset and cliped it on his belt before taking his blaster out and startin to clean it with a small rag he took out of his utility belt.

"So, how'd you end up in a loyalist organization? I would think you're the kind of man working for money more than a true ruler"

"A lot of people think of me that way, its not how its started though." Allen paused as if remembering. "I was on a public shuttle to Nar Shadaa, y'know to get lost. I was in the main room of the shuttle when these soldiers came in, started pushing people around, asking if any were loyalists and such, being big jerks. Anywho, they foudn this one guy who was a loyalist, and they started to take him away, violently. When I don't know whether to listen to my head or my heart, I use my coin here. So I flipped it, lucky for him, it landed in his favour. I went up to the soliders and attempted to disuade them, when they pushed me away, I got mad and started shooting. There were only three of them so they kinda didn't expect it. Martin, was his name, anyway Martin suggested we get out fo there ebcause they had other squads checking out the rooms and they probabl heard the blaster fire. So we left, found an escape pod and jettisoned. Since I helped him out, I was considered a loyalist, so I stuck with it. Besides I remember my parents telling me about the good times, I can kinda remember them too, I figure thats something to fight for." Allen finished his story there. "How about you?"

"My family used to be the leader line of the Imperial Knights during the Emperors. When the Grand Admiral took over, he booted my father and grandfather out because they tried to speak with the others of turning against the new Regent and were caught. They were considered a threat to the Empire and booted out. I never finished my training before I was kicked out, so they trained me, armourd me and dubbed me the last of the real Imperial Knights until the Crown Prince is found and crowned. I am a man from a culture who honor their family and their position. By losing our position,we became the spitting spot of the whole society. So, I joined the Loyalists to end the dictatorship" he said, rolled the blaster around his finger and pointed it straight towards while closing his other eye and looking throught the sight, wiping it clean and then fixing their position a bit before taking the gun back clse to him to wipe the barrel clean.

"Besides, I get payed better by being here than by farming back home. My family back there are also recruiters for this organization so it wouldn't be much of a model if none of us was fighting here" he said and flipped his blaster back into it's holster hanging on his leg. He then took the Force-pike and extended it to full lenght to clean it also. It was a quick wipe. He grinned and looked over before continuing.

"Isn't it a beauty. A newer model of the original wielded by Emperor Palpatine's guards. Amazing work, yet so destructive and intimidating" he smiled and leaned back a bit.

"Yeah they are pretty cool. I tend to rely on this baby though." Allen said then pulled up his sleeve on his right arm to show the whole thing was bionic. "Its fireproof, waterproof, electricityproof, cold resistant, and can stop anything but a lightsaber. Very useful in combat, seeing as it has almost any gadjet you can think of tucked away in there. I gotta hand it to the maker." Allen said as he look his arm over.

"Bah... I have always believed gadgets should be small and neat and on your utility belt. Not in your arm. That just reduces the abilities of the gadgets if they can't be moved or stuck throught small places to do something on the other side. But whatever suits you te best, I guess" he said and put the force-pike back to the small hilt before clipping it back on his belt.

Archived