Home

Reliable Link For KOtOR 3?!

Master McQ

ok this mite be posted but its urgent so i didnt fully check is this true it looks bloody awesome

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/680/680220p1.html

LucasArts: KOTOR 3, Mercenaries 2

LucasArts' recent silence by no means equals inactivity. On the contrary, Knights of the Old Republic 3, which we believe is in development with Obsidian Development, is in the early stages of creation for a late 2006 -- most likely a 2007 -- release. The game should feature more seamless interaction between NPCs and the lead character, as well as better, more economic interactions between party members. We predict the combat system will go entirely realtime, as opposed to partially realtime (the way it was in KOTOR 1 and 2), and RPG fans will be able to enjoy more distinct shades of gray recognized by characters instead of the black and white distinctions made in the first two iterations of the series.

While that's in development, Pandemic and LucasArts will deliver a knockout sequel to the surprise action game, Mercenaries in late 2006. Pandemic is working on it for both Xbox 360 and PS3 right now, IGN has learned, and it will include a more developed storyline, bigger, more realistic environments, more weapons and weapon packages, and though we're not sure, a significant online component.

Hmm...

Although IGN is considered a trustfull source, it's still 'predicting the future.'

If they are correct, I'll start saving for some upgrades for my computer, hoping it will use a cool new engine.

If not....this thread will be moderator-fodder in less then no-time :xp:

Hmm...

Although IGN is considered a trustfull source, it's still 'predicting the future.'

"the future is a hard thing to predict"

Kreia

:giggle1:

But i hope it isn't just for Xbox and if that's true here's a message for lucasarts and obsidian:

Take your time to do the game i want a good and long game not as small as kotor 2

Well I believe this thread requires a merger with the other Reliable Link thread. :)

I agree... done! -RH

The link seems to be unusually slow, but its working for me. This article finally brings some concrete evidence that LA has its head into what we want. But its still a whole a year or two away, so keep waiting! ;)

Secret is in the grammar:

Star Wars 07 will be a new brand, but MacIntyre says there will be no ‘core’ Star Wars branded games. This game will sit alongside KOTOR and Battle Front.

I wonder if this is that footage that keeps circulationg around online.

MacIntyre continues, “We’ve also got Star Wars franchises like Knights of the Old Republic and Battle Front that we will not leave behind. It’s very important to us that we grow those franchises.” So the future of Str Wars includes new and old game-based IP as well as IP based on other spin-offs.

At least they are thinking about KotOR. They just haven't started any work, but they are thinking about its potential.

Now that is a good sign.

Archived