Home

KOTOR III Characters

Darth_Nihl

Which main character would you prefer to play as in KOTOR III?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Which main character would you prefer to play as in KOTOR III?

• Darth Revan
    • The Exile
    • Both
    • Neither...

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes, but i mean there are other options, in KOTOR I and II the canonical Endings are light sided, maybe in III it will be Dark Sided, or they could make it even more easy, if you are like sided, you get a jedi master,dark sided Sith Lord, and i dont whant some Kreia/Palpatine Wanabee, i whant some one more sinister and Evil, something beetween Sion and Nihilus.

I always thought that the addition of a sith lord would be good. This Sith lord would be a good sidequest for the player as throughout the game you can have opportunities to turn him to the light side and he will have many levels depending of how much you have influenced him. At the end of the game, the actions of player will depend on how light/darksided this character is.

I think you should start off as Canderous/Mandalore and the Exile searching the galaxy for Revan and meet some all new party members there as well as some old ones as you search for Revan.

That is my idea aswell but I would like to switch to Revan half way through the game and at the end they join up. I would want Revan to have his armor and would like to be able to upload data from previous games for a boost.

For the most part, I'd like to see new characters. T3 and HK can return though...

Definitely want HK and T3...they were in the other two games why take them out now? Besides they are like the Artoo and Threepio of KOTOR.

(Notice I didn't double post...yay) :)

I noticed and I thank you! ;) -RH

The one I think should stay are

Bao Dur

Atton

Carth

Bastilla

Misson

The Handmaiden as the exile's wife

Vias

I agree; the Jedi Exile (who is canonically female) should get married to Brianna...I mean come on, who are they fooling. The Exile isn't hooking up with either Atton the physchopath or Mical the wuss, suddenly Brianna's not looking like a bad choice.

I agree; the Jedi Exile (who is canonically female) should get married to Brianna...I mean come on, who are they fooling. The Exile isn't hooking up with either Atton the physchopath or Mical the wuss, suddenly Brianna's not looking like a bad choice.

I agree...but there is always Visas?

As far as the poll goes, neither one of them.

Speaking of that, where is the option for 'neither' in this poll? All characters from the previous KotOR's I'd like to see in K3 are:

Force ghosts of Kreia, Vrook, Vandar, Dorak, Zhar, Vash, Kavar, Zez-Kai Ell and Malak

Jolee, Mission and Zaalbar (only if Revan is set as LS)

Bastila (just assume that LS Revan spared her)

HK-47 & T3-M4 (duh)

Canderous/Mandalore

Atton

Hanharr (assume that he lives regardless of the Exile's alignment)

Mira (only if the Exile is set as LS)

Handmaiden/Disciple (depending on the Exile's gender)

Visas

Bao-Dur

Carth/Cede (depending on Revan's alignment)

Kex

Kelborn

Bralor (is that how you spell it)?

HK-51 droids and perhaps HK-50 droids (it depends)

New characters? Well, I want to play as a new main character first of all, but apart from that, I wouldn't want to see too many new characters, and what type of new characters I'd want to see would depend on the plot itself.

I do want to have a young apprentice though. One that I can heavily influence. One that can be a goody goody LS'der, or an evil DS'der, or perhaps a 'neutral' person, depending on influence and the way I play. I'd like to have more alien party members though.

That is all...

I do want to have a young apprentice though. One that I can heavily influence. One that can be a goody goody LS'der, or an evil DS'der, or perhaps a 'neutral' person, depending on influence and the way I play.

I think thats a pretty cool idea...never thought of that

PS. Why do you all like Atton so much? I think hes just a poor replacement for Carth.

I agree with the Architect in that you should be a new character but not many, if any at all, new party members. I think that if any old characters join the party, then it should be Bastila. Assuming that the main quest will be to find the True Sith, Revan, and the Exile, she could help you look for them, training you along the way as I assume she's learned a lot more about the Force. And I think it would be cool if those Force Ghosts were in the game, then they could help train you.

Having the apprentice could be a nice change, how you train him/her could result in how the plot plays out.

As for who I'd have.

I'm not sure who I'd have in my party, as Mira, Atton, Bao-Dur, Visa, Biranna/Mical, would probably be working on reestablishing the Jedi Order while Mandalore and co would be rebuilding the Mandalorians. I could see Carth and Bastila coming with, and if Jolee (his fate was unaccounted for in TSL, or what he did after Malak's death for that matter) survives he could pop up with the droids. I think Juhanni would've gone to Katarr so that would rule her out in my head.

But I'd want new characters, interesting ones, not recycled sterotypes.

I'm inclined to meet Prime 1/2 way. Never had much use for poor little t3m4. If you play the KOTOR sequel here like the SW trilogy time gaps (20 +/- yrs), having both droids would be like a nostalgic parallel. The only other major characters spanning both were DV, Obi and the Emperor (by this I mean having more than just effectively a cameo in the prequel trilogy--Tarkin, the twins, etc..), so having more than one or three characters from either might be overkill. I like the idea of a new cast of players, but with references to or cameos of several major characters from the previous two. It would also be kind of cool to be able to have more NPCs than slots, such that you could replace through attrition ones you don't like as much. Or, just select the ones you like best. Also, a game that could be played for 50+ hours (w/o cheating) would be prefereable to one that ends too soon.

If you have to ressurect any of the NPCs from KOTOR/TSL then I'd say the following:

HK-47 (and maybe T3M4)

Mandalore and assorted mandalorians from TSL

Jolee

Mira

Revan and Exile as quests (neither gender/alignment preset)

Bastila & Carth (cutscenes)

possibly Vandar or others as "ghosts" for clues

perhaps HK 50+ series of droid to stir up trouble

I think that Sion and Nihilus, like Malak, should be left for dead. I'd like a new set of foes. If the True Sith are to be the enemy sought out by Revan (and Exile?), then the enemies should be fresh. I suppose that if the story is set almost on the heels of TSL, then you could use remaining jedi like Mical/Handmaiden/Atton/Visas etc... as the new council that sends your PC to find out what became of Exile and Revan.

Never had much use for poor little t3m4.

Neither did I but what is HK without T3? Just HK!

I was wondering about being able to put your own face into the game for the new Rainbow Six Vegas game has the ability for you to add in your face as the player's face model. I think that would be pretty cool...having the main character in KOTOR III look like you?!

I think it would great if it were feasible to make two player characters, Revan and the Exile. I'd want the freedom to use either one, anywhere -- but I *would* find it acceptable to choose which of the two gets killed off so you're forced to use only one for the end-game. However, I'm sure it would be very time-consuming to program them both, pretty much making two games in one (everything that can happen to Revan as the main PC, NPC reactions, dialogues, etc., and everything for the Exile). Or even four games, if you're considering gender differences and romance options.

But I'm just going wild with the imagination. Why not.

If I had to choose only one, however, I'd go with continuing the Exile's story, trying to solve the mystery of Revan's fate, and discovering more of the hidden Sith empire. I like having Revan as that "legendary" character, that no one knows where he's gone -- just rode off into the sunset, etc.

For return characters, I'd choose Bastila (couldn't wait any longer not knowing), Atton, HK-47, and T3-M4 (even though I never use him). I would *love* to have more of Carth as a party member, but how's he going to get away from his duties as admiral? I'd enjoy Mandalore, as well, but he's busy with the Mandos so no call for jetting off into the Unknown Regions. I'd be pleased to see Mission again, as well, all grown up, but she's probably on Kashyyk with Zaalbar -- Mission and Zaalbar together forever, right?

I'm inclined to meet Prime 1/2 way. Never had much use for poor little t3m4.
I found him pretty useful, and I didn't even turn him into the absolute tank that he can be. I like having some NPCs that aren't really combat oriented (like T3 and Mission). It just makes the group seem more rounded overall.

I think I basically shunned him due to underdeveloped charachter status. You're correct that he did have his uses. Once you start playing beyond out of the box (ie mods, KSE, etc..), he loses his lustre, for me at least. Didn't use him for a whole helluva lot in TSL either. Too bad he/it couldn't have had a more involved back story like HK47. Used him like a tank on Peragus once I started incorporating mods, though.

While T3 was useless in K1, he rocked in TSL. HK-47, on the other hand, was useless in both games, except for the dark humor he provided. I took him along to hear his comments at times, but never used him much for the actual fights. T3, however, was at least useful in TSL.

I think it would great if it were feasible to make two player characters, Revan and the Exile. I'd want the freedom to use either one, anywhere -- but I *would* find it acceptable to choose which of the two gets killed off so you're forced to use only one for the end-game. However, I'm sure it would be very time-consuming to program them both, pretty much making two games in one (everything that can happen to Revan as the main PC, NPC reactions, dialogues, etc., and everything for the Exile). Or even four games, if you're considering gender differences and romance options.

But I'm just going wild with the imagination. Why not.

If I had to choose only one, however, I'd go with continuing the Exile's story, trying to solve the mystery of Revan's fate, and discovering more of the hidden Sith empire. I like having Revan as that "legendary" character, that no one knows where he's gone -- just rode off into the sunset, etc.

For return characters, I'd choose Bastila (couldn't wait any longer not knowing), Atton, HK-47, and T3-M4 (even though I never use him). I would *love* to have more of Carth as a party member, but how's he going to get away from his duties as admiral? I'd enjoy Mandalore, as well, but he's busy with the Mandos so no call for jetting off into the Unknown Regions. I'd be pleased to see Mission again, as well, all grown up, but she's probably on Kashyyk with Zaalbar -- Mission and Zaalbar together forever, right?

^^^

You for sure have the idea. It is about OPTION. The more material, the more choice. It's not impossible or impractical.

It's outright correct.

More than just cutscenes and whatever for other characters to. All static all open. THen the story simply bends around that kind of free-form fluidity. Very much more simpler that the previous two design methods.

For new characters maybe a different Twi-Lek (not mission because I think she sucks),

Heh, I'm sure that comment in the Betrayal comics was directed at the large fan base Aayla Secura has (fics, ect). Odds are people would be wanting a similar character. And FYI, IGN have a big crush on Mission, placing her above even Aayla, which given she's only 14 is just a little wrong.

As for other characters, I'd go with pretty much all the previous characters, plus have Revan and Exile. You can say how they looked and what they were like throughout the game (much like how at the beginning a casual comment on Revan being female led to her being, canologically in that game, female) and have the voice actors who played Revan do the voices, even though they didn't say much. I think it was Reno Romano (Luis in Resident Evil) who was male Revan and they can get a voice actor and actress for Revan, maybe a big name like how they had Kelly Hu for Sith Lords.

Archived