Home

KOTOR III Characters

Darth_Nihl

Which main character would you prefer to play as in KOTOR III?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Which main character would you prefer to play as in KOTOR III?

• Darth Revan
    • The Exile
    • Both
    • Neither...

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think probley a new person but one thing that i have .

heard canderous will be in the game as he was in kotor 1 because some time between kotor 2 and 3 leading on to 4 through 9 i think the main part was he did something dishonable and lost the title mandalor .but the rest is for me to know and you to ponder.

plus there will be anything up to 9 games following the story more

any way mission won't be 14 she'll probley be older but i don't think she will be in the game

any way mission won't be 14 she'll probley be older but i don't think she will be in the game

Good point I never thought about that...I guess she would be okay if she were older instead of a stupid kid. Come on everyone knows wookies don't brush their teeth!

I was also thinking about what Nancy Allen`` said...maybe we could have some ancestor of Aayla Secura as a party member instead of Mission?

I was also thinking about what Nancy Allen`` said...maybe we could have some ancestor of Aayla Secura as a party member instead of Mission?

I thought that too. I once thought that Mission would some day marry a Senator with the surname of Secura and eventually, their descendant, Aayla would be born. Stupid thought, I know, but I have an imagination. And by KOTOR III, Mission would be about her early twenties.

Yet another ''K3 characters'' thread. :p

Since the mods don't mind then neither do I and here's my list:

Revan (as the main character once again)

HK-47 - a must as a party member

T3-M4 - either a cameo at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, or as a party member

Jolee, Bastila, Juhani - NPC's, the heads of the Jedi Council

Handmaiden - NPC, historian of the Jedi Order and a member of the Council

Carth Onasi - Admiral of the Republic, NPC either at the Jedi Temple, or someplace else on Coruscant

G0-T0 - maybe a cameo, a party member only and only if they change his frame from that dumb Imperial Interrogation Droid into something cooler

Mira - a cameo, giving her life to save the people of some planet, like Kreia foretold

Mission - a Republic agent on some smuggler-world. Maybe a party member

Zaalbar - either with Mission, or a cameo as the chieftain of his tribe on Kashyyyk

Canderous - a cameo as the leader of the reunited Mandalorian Army awaiting Revan's order to battle. Maybe as a party member

Darth Nihilus - since there's a chance he survived TSL (according to this), then maybe he could reappear as one of the villains, otherwise, maybe as a Force Ghost

That's about it when it comes to existing KoTOR characters, but I'd also like to see mostly new party members and preferably alien (Iridorian, Ithorian, Chiss, Defel, Togorian...), also some Force Ghosts, like Marka Ragnos, Naga Sadow, Vandar, Zhar...

Personally I would like an all new PC, however I would like to be the apprentice (Jolee would be my prefered choice), I liked the interaction between the exile and Kreia even if I did not like Kreia as a character.

AS for other NPC you have to have the droids otherwise its not KOTOR.

Other old NPC to make cameos as I don't like the fact that old characters join on level 5 and having to build them up again, this is also another reason I prefer being the apprentice as they would be new and still learning.

NONE.

No Revan, No Exile. They are beyond playable. Playing as them would only reduce their awe in the series, and does little to a good series.

Some previous characters like HK47 and T3M4(maybe even Mandalore) can return. As for the rest of the crews, they can have cameo. And NO, That Mical stinkin puss excuse of a character should never ever exist in any series, kotor or not kotor, other than an off screen description of his demise(give him a reasonable death though, he is a good historian afterall).

You see, what I liked about KotOR II, was that you could get different party members by playing the game in a different way (like being dark, light, male, or female). I have some ideas that are based on this.

The specified characters of my liking:

Atton Rand (companion for female player)

Carth Onasi (companion for female player)

Now, these two will be the ones that fight over 'who loves you the most', and they are only able to join your party if you're female *duh*.

Bastila Shan (companion for male player)

Handmaiden/Brianna (companion for male player)

Same thing as Atton and Carth, only for the opposite gender of your main character.

Canderous (companion for dark side)

Mandalore (companion for light side)

Yes, I know, they're both the same people! I just thought it would be cool if you could see Canderous in a different costume, depending on which role you took for your alignment. I thought it would be a cool idea. Moving on.

HK-47 (auto companion)

T3-M4 (auto companion)

Since these two characters are the only ones that have been in both KotOR I and II, as a playable character, I thought it would be mandatory that they should be put on your team, through-out sometime of the game.

And those are the *only* characters that I want back from the previous games, besides Revan and the Exile which I hope are non-playable! This leaves you with five characters to use from the old games, on each file. Then the rest of the party could be brand new characters. And that's my idea.

']You see, what I liked about KotOR II, was that you could get different party members by playing the game in a different way (like being dark, light, male, or female). I have some ideas that are based on this.

The specified characters of my liking:

Atton Rand (companion for female player)

Carth Onasi (companion for female player)

Now, these two will be the ones that fight over 'who loves you the most', and they are only able to join your party if you're female *duh*.

Bastila Shan (companion for male player)

Handmaiden/Brianna (companion for male player)

Same thing as Atton and Carth, only for the opposite gender of your main character.

Then who are you, Revan or the Exile? If you're a male Revan, for example, why would he suddenly become interested in the Handmaiden if he already fell in love with Bastila?

Then who are you, Revan or the Exile?

I think in a my message I somewhat explained that, in what I want, you won't be either Revan or the Exile, but in fact just some new, random person that would in bound to the storyline:

]And those are the *only* characters that I want back from the previous games, besides Revan and the Exile which I hope are non-playable! This leaves you with five characters to use from the old games, on each file. Then the rest of the party could be brand new characters. And that's my idea.

Now for you're other question:

If you're a male Revan, for example, why would he suddenly become interested in the Handmaiden if he already fell in love with Bastila?

I'm not sure. :)

I would like to see some new characters. Maybe some more alien force sensitive ones. It would be ok for some returning characters to make cameos maybe in side quests or such. Jolee Bindo would be a cool one to have come back for this. I would like to see more of the Mandalorians as well. The characters I dont ever need to see again include: Mission, Zaalbar, Johani, Handmaiden, Disciple, Visas, Hanharr, I think thats it. It would be ok for Bastila to be in Kotor 3 as well. :)

The poll needs to have the choice of "Neither" or "A new character." Not everyone wants to be Revan or the Exile in the next one. Actually, I don't think it would make much sense to be either one of them. There are so many unanswered questions; and how would you explain leveling up? Revan and the Exile are already very powerful, and I would rather not start out so powerful. The previous games were easy enough.

All new characters +1 droids. I guess Carth and Bastilla may reappear as NPCs.

The more I think about it the more I'd like to see some more with Nihlus. So many things can be done with that character. Even as far as having him as a playable character in a different guise (his original form?) ala Mandalore. Little bit of a treat for fans but vague enough not to confuse n00bs. (and no he doesn't have to be Kreia two and turn on you) Yeah he died; but that character is out there enough for anything to have happened. People want know about Exile? He cold also be that guy you talk to for backstory.

• 1 month later...

I voted for neither: Revan and the Exile are done as main characters, and now exist essentially to guide the lead character of K3 to cripple the True Sith for the next millennium or two.

As with K2 being set 5 years after K1, I think there will be a reasonable (and much larger) time-gap between K2 and K3. This has to happen because it's going to take several years for:

1. Mandalore to finally reunite the clans and do so in sufficient numbers to once again serve as the formidable army Revan needs. An army that needs training and a way of initiating its recruits in ways that won't get them pre-emptively attacked before they're needed.

2. The Republic to rebuild to the point where it can just start getting complacent enough to be surprised - or awed.

3. Revan & the Exile to lay the ground work to bring down an entire empire now that they no longer have access to the inifinte resources of the Star Forge.

4. The main character, apprenticed to Visas, to come of age as one of the new generation of Jedi Knights (or Neo-Sith depending how you set the ending of K2).

A 10 year gap, even if you accept a dark side ending of K2, gives the Exile more than enough time to get her act together and relocate Beyond the Rim with Revan having left the mechanisms in place to train a new generation of force users (my biggest problem with K1 - and TESB while we're at it - was the stupidly short amount of time it took to complete Jedi training, even allowing for Revan taping past memories to shoot through in record time).

There's been increasing number of Mandalorians in the cast as the series has progressed, so by K3 making the main character one is a logical progression. I'd even go so far as to make the MC the child of pre-Mandalore Canderous (which can only help matters when the time for the apocalyptic final battle comes and Mandalore inevitably dies). It might all seem a little incestuous, but the schisms that preluded K1 pretty much started when the Jedi and the Mandalorians fought; what better way to resolve everything than via someone who is in effect the perfect personification of the union between the former enemies?

The game would thus begin with the return of the Ebon Hawk, seeking the allies of her former captains to at last bring the fight to the True Sith. But things rarely go exactly as planned...

Once again, I prefer a slew, as opposed to predesignation.

There should be members to take on from significant side quests, story-line convergence significance, and general pickings.

Such as, people with aspirations of some kind of importance, Jedi, republic recruits, republic freelancers. That kinda stuff.

With a properly made game engine which handles the gameplay in general, there will be much wealth the role-play, and storyline can utilize to create a good game all around, with inumerable qualities to offer us.

Darth_Nihl, there is no need to flame other members. Keeping on topic, if they had to reuse characters for KOTOR III (Not as Party Members, other than the Droids), I would like them to use:

Revan

The Jedi Exile

Carth Onasi

Bastila Shan

T3-M4

HK-47

Atton Rand

Brianna/Mical

Bao-Dur

Canderous Ordo (Mandalore)

Mira/Hanharr

Mission Vao

Zaalbar

Jolee Bindo

Darth Sion (Hoped he managed to survive)

Other than that, I don't think I would want anyone else to return.

Who is Brianna/Mical are they the Hnadmadien & disciples real names?

Yeah. Throughout the game the Exile can ask what the Handmaiden's name is. Well near the end, when Kreia kills the Jedi, the Handmaiden snaps and takes her to Atris to be killed. Atris is even crazier and kills the Handmaiden, which sends the Exile into a blind rage. After dealing with Atris he goes back to find that the Handmaiden is alive, greatful for rescuing her and tells him her real name, Brianna. For Mical, all you need to do is find him on Dantoine. Once you leave him he'll reveal his name when reporting to Carth that he found the Exile.

Archived