Home

KOTOR III Characters

Darth_Nihl

Which main character would you prefer to play as in KOTOR III?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Which main character would you prefer to play as in KOTOR III?

• Darth Revan
    • The Exile
    • Both
    • Neither...

Let's start with a list:

-Jedi Padawan (You)

-Mentor Figure (Bastila in K1, Kreia in K2, Mentor Figure in K3)

-Mandalore

-T3-M4

-HK-47

-Empty Slot 1

-Empty Slot 2

-Empty Slot 3

-Empty Slot 4

-Male/Female Only Character

-Light/Dark Only Character

The Mentor Figure, the Empty Slots, and the M/F and L/D Characters should be original creations, new characters to stuff the Party. If we see anyone from K2, it should be only within cameos.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't read it all so this might have been posted before, But i'd say if, and this is a big IF they'll even gonna create Kotor 3, I'd like it to be with at least these characters: Bastila,Carth,Mira, cause in kotor 2 you'll see a brief cutscene with Admiral Carth Onasi and Bastila, and if you'll end the game as a lightsider you'll get Mira to survive, Revan is wandering somewhere in the Outer Rim, so if they'll gonna follow the story, The Exile won't cross they're path... and all of the other is dead do to the shuttlecrash on Malachor V, so hk47 and the other Droid will survive the shuttlecrash, since they're droids, Canderous(Mandalore) is dead, same goes for Atton,Bao-Dur, the only one who can survive this shuttlecrash is Visas do to the thing that she survived the destrucion of the Miraluka world, and if you're on the lightside in kotor 2 you'll see Bao-durs remote will crush Goto, but if it's vice versa, that means your Exile is on the darkside Goto will crush the remote, this is also if they'll ever create kotor 3: one cool thing to play as is a Twilek female, or you could have a new Twilek female as npc character, her name nonetheless i'm uncertain about.. Handmaiden is also killed in the shuttlecrash... So if they'll gonna go after the story i'd like it to be the kotor 1 story, since it's a longer game... and i would also have more new npc's I've never seen before... rather then have all the old npc's, but as stated in the top i'd like some...

Okay the key problem with that idea is there are only a few characters that span both games that no matter what your alignment they are alive.

Caution Minor Spoilers:

Atton Rand

Bao-dur

HK-47

T3-M4

Canderous

Everyone else is dependent on the Gender, and or alignment of Revan or the Exile. Heck Visa can even die in TSL.

KotOR I

Bastila -- Can die in KotOR 1

Carth Onasi -- I think he can die in KotOR 1 not sure though

Jolee Bindo -- Dies if you choose the darkside path

Juhani -- Dies if you choose the Darkside path

Mission Vao -- Dies if you choose the Darkside

Zalibar -- Dies if you choose the Darkside

KotOR II

Kreia -- she dies

Visa -- she can die

Handmaiden -- Dependent on Exile's gender

Mira -- Exile must be Lightside or she is dead

Hanharr -- Exile must be darkside presumably is killed

Disciple --Dependent on Exile's gender

No more than 3 or 4 characters from K1 or TSL should join you. Bastila, HK-47, and T3-M4 are really the only ones that are absolutely necessary, and possibly Jolee. So, the party configuration I would like in K3 is -

• Bastila

• T3-M4

• HK-47

• Jolee/New character (depending on Revan's alignment)

• New character

• New character

• New character

• New character based on your gender

• New character based on your alignment

Well, if you are truly light side ( as is canon) you pronounce your love for Bastila and redeem her. Also, you see her in Kotor II. She isn't "dead."

Actually, she appears only if you set Revan to LSM, DSM, or DSF. If Revan is female and LS, however, Bastila does not appear in TSL.

But even so, you could argue she lived because she in the ending of KotOR regardless of your choices of gender alignment. Yes, even if you killed her...

A true light sider wouldn't kill her. As we see in the video of her death (yes, I have tried it before just to see what happens), she kneels down, faces the other direction, you walk up to her, and raise your saber to slice her. Does that sound like a very light side thing to you? Killing a defenseless person in cold blood?

And if Revan was dark side, he obviously wouldn't kill her since she was on his side.

I think that it is very unlikely that Revan would've killed her, even as a LSF. It's just too cold-blooded.

IMO the selection of charecter is important and really does shape the story for example Kreia without her there would be no TSL.

So in my opinion these are the charecter I would like to see in your party from the previous games. And the ones I would like to see just not in your party.

Party: Canderous, Handmaiden / Disciple ( there should be a choice to say exile was male/felmale. If female disciple would have a better story line and be less zzzzzZzzzzzZzzzzzZzzzzZzzzz), Mira Or Hanharr ( again effected by choice of exile alighnment), Mission, Zaalbar, Bastila, Carth.

Non Party: Revan, Jedi Exile ( I think both should some how have there face covered and that they should not be in the party due to the fact there are many Jedi Exiles. As players we have created Revan and Exile many times.), Jolee, Juhani ( both if Revan Light ), HK47, T3-M4 everyone else from previous games.

I think that it is very unlikely that Revan would've killed her, even as a LSF. It's just too cold-blooded.

But how would Revan be able to convert Bastila back to the LS? For a LSM, Revan and Bastila are in love, so that was easy to get Bastila defect. But for a LSF person, Revan has to use the Jedi Code and spout nonsense to get Bastila to convert, and while the minigame is likely easy, it is possible to lose that mini-game and be forced to murder her.

A LSF Revan has no reason to save Bastila, since Bastila is not in love with him. And a Light Sider could reason that death is preferable to letting her live and suffer through the pains of falling to the Dark Side. It could be that the LSF Revan wanted to save Bastila, but Bastila refuses to save herself, hence it must be done.

A true light sider wouldn't kill her. As we see in the video of her death (yes, I have tried it before just to see what happens), she kneels down, faces the other direction, you walk up to her, and raise your saber to slice her. Does that sound like a very light side thing to you? Killing a defenseless person in cold blood?

And if Revan was dark side, he obviously wouldn't kill her since she was on his side.

The only way to kill her isn't execution in cold blood. Regardless of your gender, you may be forced to kill her if you're LS. When you try to talk her back into the light, if she says "You're brave...and some would say foolish" then fine, you've won her over. However, there's a chance you fail to persuade her, and she may say "You're brave...and foolish" instead. Then you can do nothing but fight, and eventually kill her.

The only way to kill her isn't execution in cold blood. Regardless of your gender' date=' you may be [i']forced[/i] to kill her if you're LS. When you try to talk her back into the light, if she says "You're brave...and some would say foolish" then fine, you've won her over. However, there's a chance you fail to persuade her, and she may say "You're brave...and foolish" instead. Then you can do nothing but fight, and eventually kill her.

Yea, I forgot you could kill her in the fight, but I still think it's improbable that she would've fallen so far without the hope of redemption in just a matter of a day or so.

In other words, even though it is possible to kill her, it could be easily excused without making a lot of players too angry.

In other words, even though it is possible to kill her, it could be easily excused without making a lot of players too angry.

SilentScope001 smash!

Seriously, while I understand that it's okay to rule Bastila is alive, I guess, well, I don't see the need. Carth needed to remain alive, as he is the love interest of Revan for a female, and could easily wax all day on how pretty Revan is. Does Bastila needs to be alive? Only for a LSM and the Dark Side players. But what does a Bastila for a LSF Revan add for the story? (The McGuffin-like "Battle Medidation"? Turns out anyone can learn it.) The LSF Bastila doesn't love Revan, and her only virtue is being a hot teacher.

Not to mention that little variatons from the other selections of gender and alignment makes your choices seem effective.

What I like to have is that let Bastila not appear for a LSF Revan in K3. You decide if Bastila is alive or not. Heh, you could even rename your character "Bastila" and have Bastila be the Jedi Padawan, if you are interested.

SilentScope001 smash!

Seriously, while I understand that it's okay to rule Bastila is alive, I guess, well, I don't see the need. Carth needed to remain alive, as he is the love interest of Revan for a female, and could easily wax all day on how pretty Revan is. Does Bastila needs to be alive? Only for a LSM and the Dark Side players. But what does a Bastila for a LSF Revan add for the story? (The McGuffin-like "Battle Medidation"? Turns out anyone can learn it.) The LSF Bastila doesn't love Revan, and her only virtue is being a hot teacher.

Not to mention that little variatons from the other selections of gender and alignment makes your choices seem effective.

What I like to have is that let Bastila not appear for a LSF Revan in K3. You decide if Bastila is alive or not. Heh, you could even rename your character "Bastila" and have Bastila be the Jedi Padawan, if you are interested.

Let me ask the obvious questioin: If Bastila is dead for LSF Revan,then why does she appear in the end-movie, even if you killed her?

And is the fact that LSF Revan does not love Bastila a reason to kill her? There were lots of people in KotOR that my Revan didn't love, but I sure didn't kill them all, especially not when LS...

Besides, if you're a good little LS jedi, then you'll want to redeem Bastila simply because it's the morally correct and right thing to do.

And no, not everybody can learn Battle Meditation. Don't let the use of the power's name in TSL fool you. As much as I like TSL, some of the powers are just stupid. Battle Meditation is completely misnamed in TSL. It should have been named "combat meditation" or "melee meditation" instead. It works a bit like Battle Meditation, yes, albeit on a far, far lesser scale. TSL's Battle Meditation merely lets you buff your party. True Battle Meditation, as used by Bastila and Nomi Sunrider, affects EVERYONE in a battle - even a huge spacebattle with hundreds or thousands of ships. That's why Bastila's power is so great a threat to Malak that he bombs Taris just to make sure she's dead. It's also why it's so important for Revan to use or stop against the Republic in the ending, depending on alignment.

Let me ask the obvious questioin: If Bastila is dead for LSF Revan,then why does she appear in the end-movie, even if you killed her?

Programming mishap. Oversight by Bioware. They really didn't care.

And is the fact that LSF Revan does not love Bastila a reason to kill her? There were lots of people in KotOR that my Revan didn't love, but I sure didn't kill them all, especially not when LS...

No, Bastila does not love the LSF Revan. That makes it hard for a LSF Revan to redeem Bastila, meaning that LSF Revan may be forced to kill her off.

Besides, if you're a good little LS jedi, then you'll want to redeem Bastila simply because it's the morally correct and right thing to do.

But if you fail, you will have to stab Bastila. It's harder to redeem Bastila if you are a Female.

And no, not everybody can learn Battle Meditation. Don't let the use of the power's name in TSL fool you. As much as I like TSL, some of the powers are just stupid.

I'd concur that it is stupid, but, well, er, it did play a role in the Onderon Battle. The troops were fighting, and then you mediate, just like Bastila, and you helped your Side defeat the Other Side.

I don't know why in the world did they put that power in there. But they did. And since they did, it seems Bastila becomes not as useful. You can learn Battle Medidation in TSL, meaning that Bastila's power can also be learnt by other people than Ms. Shan.

Usually, in a story, you put in all the stuff you need, and get rid of anything excess or unneeded. Bastila for the LSF Revan is unneeded, her story has been told.

I’d like to know what happens to Revan, and possibly the Exile. I’m not sure that I would want to play as either, though. On the other hand, I’m not happy about a new character either; It seem to me that a new character would require a time gap between TSL and Kotor3 of perhaps 10-25 years. Revan was the heart of the Force, and the Exile was heartless (a kind of hole in the Force), so where does that leave room for a third? Having some Force sensitive which can match either the Exile or Revan appear anytime soon after TSL (or at all) is simply ridiculous.

However, what I would like most from Kotor3, is a much more flexible party management than either Kotor or TSL. I think that something a bit like what Troika did in Arcanum, or Black Isle in Plane Scape: Torment might be good. In Arcanum, your character alignment would influence whether some NPCs would join. Also if your alignment changed too much in the wrong direction some NPCs would complain and either attack or leave you. Likewise, I would like to have the ability to tell any party member (see exception below) to leave the party at any time.

I don’t think that we absolutely need a party of 9. That does seem to be fairly many to me. Maybe have only the PC and one NPC, with the rest being optional.

If there are cut-scenes, these can be scripted so that no other than the PC or the main NPC need ever be in the party.

If you are referring to the end cut-scene of Kotor, then it is a bug. It was addressed in the last patch for the pc version.

And is the fact that LSF Revan does not love Bastila a reason to kill her?

Bastila’s redemption seem to be a two-step thing. First she must be redeemed from the dark side. Part two is to convince her that she still has some reason to live, even though she fell. That part is where Revan’s love comes in. A LSF Revan really has nothing to offer Bastila, that would make Bastila want to go on.

I don’t know why in the world did they put that power in there. But they did. And since they did, it seems Bastila becomes not as useful. You can learn Battle Medidation in TSL, meaning that Bastila’s power can also be learnt by other people than Ms. Shan.

It seems that Bioware used what was shown in the TOTJ comics, while Obsidian seems to have used the “Powers of the Jedi” RPG source book. In that book Battle Meditation is considered a feat, allowing the use of Battle Influence which is described as very short range, maybe 10 meters. With such short range, it is pretty useless in space battles and larger battle fields. As from the description of Bastila’s abilities, she is highly skilled in Battle Meditation, and can use something called Inspire. That can potentially effect allies and enemies within an entire sector. Since the Exile can’t use Inspire, he/she will never be of any use in any greater battle.

There is a brief mention of it on the WoTC site, here. You’ll have to scroll down a bit.

Bastila for the LSF Revan is unneeded, her story has been told.

Exactly the same can be said about Carth for a LSM Revan. Carth’s story has been told, he is no more needed for Revan, than Bastila is for a LSF Revan. Yet he appears, so I’m inclined to think that Bastila simply doesn’t survive the Star Forge in the LSF story line.

My ideal would be neither of them. I think the perfect balance would be this guy that finds Revan before the Exile, or one of his companions that hadn't appeared in the original KOTOR but joined him afterwards, so that this way we have a clear shot at choosing LS or DS while at the same time we don't have to elaborate more on this new character up to the point that he needs his own big story and all that. Kinda like the Exile. He was not a very important guy until the events shaped him as so. From this fresh point of view, assuming you have the crucial decision in your hands, whatever it is, the story would fold as you'd wish to, all falls in place as thy will: Revan, Exile, etc...

Simply put, You become Revan again. You customize Revan and the Exile is also in your party. The exile as an undefined character is also customizable in appearance and stats and would have his or her own speaking. This would in turn open a possible romantic involvement with the exile and Revan. Now, other party members... Hk-47 for absolute sure; he is a comedian; you have to love him. Bastila and Carth are some of my favorites. T3-M4 because he was always there. And as someone so interestingly put, "the sexy older guy" Canderous. I love his stories and he is a cool dude. I almost forgot Visas Marr. She is awesome and comes in second to Bastila for love interests. Sorry but I didn't much care for the wookies, so no wookies. Atton is like an early Han Solo so absolutely yes. The possible party(though I wouldn't care one way or another) is Brianna(Handmaiden), Mira, Mical and Bao Dur. Bao Dur is more a yes than a no.

I think that HK-47 and T3 should definitly be there, I am for bring back maybe 2 other NPCs but the rest need to be new, this game needs to continue to be creative and not just be a rehashment of the first 2. I see all these people saying the party should be HK-47, T3, Bastila, Visas, Jolee, Reven, The Exile, etc etc, you can't have a party full of jedi, thats silly, maybe u can build someone up to be a jedi like in kotor 2 but alot of these are just silly.

I don't think Revan or the Exile should appear as party members at all. They were the leaders of previous parties, and putting either one above or below a new character or one another would simply ruin their individuality. Furthermore, they are old hat; they've had the space to lead their own stories and dominating someone elses or else competing against one another in a story where there should be only one leading party just ain't kosher.

Nevertheless, they will have to be included in the story somehow. Exactly how, I have no idea, though it seems obvious that Revan would be able to appear in his/her old (or similar, less Dark Sided) get-up including full face mask and hood and voice by Rino Romano. As for the Exile... could we go for full facial mutilation? I suppose that it could be possible that we select their appearances through the course of the game; but then it would seem only too obvious that they will both appear later on, and places far too much emphasis on them as characters. I simply don't want them to dominate the screen...

As for other party members... well, like I've said before, characters such as T3, HK and the Candy Man are just getting boring. They were already showing signs of age in The Sith Lords, and 'more of the same' only works so far.

I could accept T3 again, if they upgraded him to be, say, a protocol droid in addition to his current abilities. I can only stand so much annoying whistling and tootling... and working out what a droid is saying by what answers are available. I'm afraid "Tweedle beep frotz" doesn't cut it with me anymore.

After reading most of the posts I would agree that T3 and HK be in the party and your character should be someone brand new. Possible story could be that the Exile,Carth and Bastila all went after Revan together and the council has asked you to find out what happened to them, and if this is the case then I would suggest that Dustil be part of the group since he would be trying to figure out what happened to his dad. (bonus he is a jedi/sith already)he could have been studying at the academy or you could find him along the way and he joins you. I would like to see Atton and/or Brianna again and Bao Dur since he was as loyal as they come to the Exile. Other than that more new characters and definately more different aliens to join your party and maybe even being able to choose to play as different aliens like in JA. If the Ebon Hawk is your ship then so be it but I would like to see something new to fly around in.

In my opinion, if they already choose the Exile as female canonically and Revan as a male, choosing a canonical appearance without any player input seems simple, practical and intelligent to me.

Revan and exile have fixed genders ONLY outside the games. In the games they are still optional. You can set Revan's alignment and gender in TSL as you choose, so they are committed to preserving those options now.

Archived