Home

KOTOR III Characters

Darth_Nihl

Which main character would you prefer to play as in KOTOR III?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Which main character would you prefer to play as in KOTOR III?

• Darth Revan
    • The Exile
    • Both
    • Neither...

Revan and exile have fixed genders ONLY outside the games. In the games they are still optional. You can set Revan's alignment and gender in TSL as you choose, so they are committed to preserving those options now.

Maybe they are committed so, but in my opinion it is better, easier and logical that in the third game we establish canon gender, appearance and story to both Revan and the Exile, if not, we'll end up with a wishy washy story background like in TSL: The choice of if Revan went LS or DS is almost completely meaningless.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Concurrent plotlines that you're able to witness parts of. But I don't particularly want Revan or the Exile in your party. You're fighting against an entity large enough to call itself an Empire, it controls at least several planets. Work with Revan and The Exile, run into them, maybe fight alongside them, but not have them in your party, they're just too powerful. It'd be like having Yoda or Mace Windu in your party.

Maybe they are committed so, but in my opinion it is better, easier and logical that in the third game we establish canon gender, appearance and story to both Revan and the Exile, if not, we'll end up with a wishy washy story background like in TSL: The choice of if Revan went LS or DS is almost completely meaningless.

Actually, I'd have Revan as DS in K3, but with a twist - if he ended up as LS in K1, then you can redeem him back to the LS. If not, then he's the big baddie that must be killed.

Oh, your alternative is certainly more convenient. But if we're going to argue that way, then simply kill Revan and exile during the opening crawl. Yes, they're dead! End of story, bye-bye. Much more convenient, since setting ANY gender/alignment for Revan OR exile will result in heaps of hatemail no matter which way you turn it.

But I don't want the "convenient" and "practical". There is no reason why a little legwork can't be done to allow all the options, unless the devs (whomever they might be) are incredibly lazy.

No, to quote Dumbledore, "It is time to choose between what is right and what is easy!"

I did not mean to just let the devs do less work... In any case the choice to be LS or DS as the KOTOR III player character, whoever he is, is still yours. But canonically, and officially it's already like this: Revan was a male human, LS ending with Bastila romance. The Exile was a female human, LS ending with Mical romance. It's already canon. Gotta say I really like the idea to be able to redeem Revan, maybe in a Darth Vader like way.

Actually, I like the idea of never knowing for sure what happened to Revan and the Exile. The Vader style redemption thing doesn't work because Revan never had children with Bastila.

Ehm... I never even remotely thought or meant that, the children thing. I just meant it in the way Darth Vader is so utterly immersed in the dark side and still he comes back to the light.

Well, I guess Most would agree that T3 and HK will be in the party.

So that leaves 7 slots to play with.

I hope most of them would be new characters. I do not mind a brief return of some old characters, but consider that they are already all "leveled up" by now they should not be in the party. Plus, Bastila should be pretty mature now for K3, she will probably be a fat blob, though there is still some chance for her to be a milf.

OK, lets go thru the list of Characters that are NOT POSSABLE TO KILL(BE KILLED) according to any (non modded) storyline.

K1:

1) Mandalore: Had his return in K2.

Bastila can be killed in one of the LS ending. Carl in DSF, Missions & Co in DS, Jedis in LS/DS.

K2:

1) Atton: Merky fate, may/may-not be jedi. Possable PC. (if you want to see him in your party)

2) Bao: As much as it Implies he may have survived. Possably workable PC. But force or not?

3) Mandalor: Ever think of what Level he should be in though? He shoudl be up in Epic Levels by now.

4) Brianna: May have survived Atris attack?? She was Male only though.

5) Mical: It is unfortunate that you cannot kill im in the most painful way, but he makes it. Plue, I really ton't want to be FORCED to take this low life, he fouls up the Hawk.

Ugh, not Atton or Bao-Dur as my PC. Bao-Dur is a nice character, if he actually had a little bit of conversation. And Atton is Carth Mk. II. Good character to have, but not one you want as the party King.

I don't mean them being the PC, I mean them showing up in KotOR 3 as actual party members.

If the PC Of K3 is that weak then I have to ask why is he/she going on that quest in the first place.

Seriously the writers of KOTOR 3 are going to have to come up with a pretty good reason

as to why the PC of K3 is able to defeat the True Sith or why he/she is the only one who's making a concentrated effort to stop them (if they exist) and yet more experienced and arguably stronger people such as Revan, Exile,Bastila, and I'm sure various others can't or aren't.

http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=900

In the words of DM Of the Rings: If you're such a badass why don't you do it yourself?

And having HK, Candalore, and any other character aside from maybe T3 and Basty be party members again would be redundant because quite frankly I think most of them are old hat and them joining you again for no apparent reason would be stupid.

Archived