Home

code/scripting question

jedispy

Hey guys, this is more of a scripting question rather than a programming question (I say that because I know the difference between the two). If this is not the correct forum, please redirect me.

Is there a difference between writing scripts for the JA single player engine vs. multiplayer engine? I ask because I have some scripting that I'm writing, and I want it to be in the MP engine, but make sure it works.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I was attempting that for a while, but I quit when I realized that the number of custom animations we're talking about outnumber the amount of number animations in the main.gla file. It kind of feels like a waste to force players to use that much memory overhead for animations that only function on individual maps.

Yeah, basically, JKA stores the cutscene animations as seperate files associated with the maps on which they're used. The extra files are only loaded if the particular map is run. However, this functionality is only in SP and doesn't appear to be replicatible in the MP engine.

Archived