Home

Another code question

jedispy

I was wondering if there is a way to use code to dynamically change game settings when needed. By this I specifically mean adjust mouse sensitivity & sound/music volume.

The mouse sensitivity thing is mostly needed for better vehicle support. I noticed (as i'm sure we all have) how crappy the contols are when your player enters a vehicle. I always have to bump up my mouse sensitivity just to be able to turn properly with vehicles. So here is basically what would be needed

• mouse_sens_old = X (x being the current setting for mouse sensitivity)
    when playermodel = vehicle_name then mouse_sens_new = Y. (Y is the value for higher mouse sensitivity)

It would be something like that. I know it's not perfect as is, but it should give you the general idea of what I'm looking for.

It's how the control is handled that I'm interested in. I want the turns to be doable if the player is using a mouse. Right now if you try to turn, and don't adjust your sensitivity, you have to move your mouse across the pad several times in order to make the turn. Anyone get what I'm saying?

Its easier to edit the external veh files
Is there a parameter to set in the .veh file that will have better mouse handling? I can't think of what it would be.

Tinny, I think that's the speed at which the vehicle turns to match your camera direction, and not the movement speed of the camera panning.

Jedispy, it might be possible to make a user controlled cvar that scalars the speed at which the camera rotates while in vehicles. However, I can see it being moderately difficult to do.

Archived