Home

Agh

Glayde

So, I installed the mod. And then I ran it. However, I noticed something rather quickly. There are no doors. No switches. No actors. No bullets. My crosshair gets stuck on things. I can hear stormtroopers saying, "Huh? Is somebody there?" but I can't see anybody. It's also really hard to walk without getting stuck on invisible goo or somesuch. Can anybody provide a rectification for this situation? The main part of Jedi Academy does the same thing.

Try the following if you have a legal copy:

*does your system meet the requirements for the game? (guess it does, but anyway..)

*The patch for Jedi Academy must be installed if you have an older version of the game

Else:

*try toning down all settings of the game, including screen resolution

*try reinstalling the game (after defragmentation of your harddisk), and restarting your computer directly afterwards

*make sure you have the latest drivers for your videocard.

Does this help?

I'll give that a shot, but I'm pretty sure toning down the settings won't do much. I can Outcast at full-blast without a hitch, and Oblivion runs with most options up at a decent framerate. Do you happen to know if there is a patch for Academy to run it at 1680x1050 resolution? That's what my monitor is set at, and could that be a problem? I already reinstalled a couple of times. Ah, well. I'll keep trying. Thanks.

Considering you said the same thing is happening with your main version of JA, it sounds like you might have a defective copy, unless of course, these problems began cropping up after you've downloaded the mod. In which case, make sure you use the proper installer package that comes with the mod (don't just dump the pk3s into a sub folder and try to launch the mod from in-game; it doesn't work right and can produce weird results.) Otherwise, like Fracman said, uninstall JA (keeping your save games and profiles, if you want) and reinstall, update to the latest JA patch (1.04, I think. You can find it easily enough on jk3files.com) and then install the mod via the installer.

Archived