Home

Corruption benfits the enemy?

Slocket

I notice (and in the XML) that if the Consortium corrupts your planet, your unit are 10% cheaper to produce (playing the Empire).

I thought that corruption was to make production cost higher, not cheaper:rolleyes:? I notice it does change production speed 0.95 a little.

I seen that if you remove corruption on a planet with Corruption Milita, the planet will revert to neutral and you lose your buildings and space station, but your single units will move to your closet planet.

well corruption does help the wheels of society turn. While it is not a very fair or moral way of doing business of governing, it has potential benefits to many, though usually a select few. Look at the US system of government; its corrupt but it still gets things done, and efficiently when it wants to. You just have to have the right connections, influence and cash. I wonder where the idea for this corrupt side came from??? Same as in Nazi Germany. They were corrupt as hell but very efficient and look how far they went in such a short time.

If corruption didnt benefit the 'host faction' in some way you would get rid of it immediately and that would screw the ZC faction completely.

The game manual mentions all those things. It's also cheaper for bounty hunters to elimenate targets on corrupted worlds, and smugglers don't time out after five days on corrupt worlds. The whole point is to make the Rebels and Imperials a little more reluctant to just wipe the Consortium's influence off the map. Instead everybody tries to take advantage of the effect...it's all about balancing the benefits against the cost.

Archived