jon_hill987

Vs  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Vs

• Nintendo Wii
    • Sony PS3
    • Microsoft XBox 360
    • None

I'l get a Wii either around Christmas or early next year. Need to find a job after graduation first. Though, I might get a 360 someday. PS3? Forget it. I've seen some side-by-side screenshots of a racing game for the PS3 and 360 and the 360 looks 300 x's better than the PS3.

As of now, I'm not going to get any one of them anytime soon. Just got a new Radeon card and PSU. Also bought some Ethernet cards on eBay for cheap. I think that the PC is the ultimate console...it has its own games, and in a few years after the console release...emulators bring life back to them on PC's. Plus I can play JKA on a computer. But, since I like Nintendo products and own both a GameCube and a DS, I support the Wii. Even though it has inferior hardware (750MHz PPC CPU/250?MHz ATi GPU and no HDD), the controller looks cool for the games that can use it, and the ports for a classic controller/gamecube controller make it work for the others. I don't get why they dropped DVD playback though...that would be a cheap (as in no cost at all) upgrade simply by adding a software DVD decoder (I can playback video on a 850 P3 in Win2000, I'm sure you could do so on a 750 PPC, and I know there are free DVD decoding software packages out there).

I doubt I'll be getting a Playstation 3 unless I manage to get a job that pays great money, but I'm dying to play Metal Gear Solid 4, but I really need to play the 3rd one first.

There is a rumor that Konami is telling Hideo Kojima to start work on a 360 version. Probably because Konami is fearing that the PS3 won't sell as many consoles, thus meaning less game sales.

Selling to 8 million 360s is better than to just sell to a possible 1-1.5 million PS3s at the time of launch.

Im going to get the Wii, then the PS3....then maybe the 360. but the Wii for sure, i love how you can use the controller to like drive, or shoot, or play tennis.

Futureshop opened at 8AM here and Best Buy at 10AM (saw people camping outside there yesterday)

has anyone gotten the PS3 or Wii yet?

or afraid of the wiifanbois round here?

No seriously i want to hear your honest opinion of games on the wii (for those who already have it).

I only have 3, but here's my opinion.

Wii Sports - Extremely fun to play with other people. Only requires small movements of the wiimote, but it takes all the fun out of it. Take it easy on the boxing though, because my arms hurt the next day after 5 or 6 matches. Seriously though, it's the type of game that anyone can just pick up and start playing.

Rayman: Raving Rabids - This title has alot of charm, although some of the minigames piss me off. For instance, one has you tilt the Wiimote left or right as if turning a key in order to turn, and up or down to go up or down, and you have to collect 3 pigs and toss em into a pen. But it didn't tell you how to go up or down, and it was pissing me off when I couldn't do it. And then I realized, oh, I'm a dumbass. But there's alot of humor in here, and it's really fun multiplayer, so I'd reccomend you pic this up as a rental if you get the chance, but I don't know if I would have bought it if my little brother didn't want it.

Zelda: Twilight Princess - Do I even need to say anything here? An instant classic, made even better by the Wiis motion sensing abilities.

I heard that the Blockbuster by my house has Wii games, so I'm gonna try and get CoD3 or excite truck there.

• 3 weeks later...
Zelda - Haven't played it really, but I will keep it.
You gotta give it a try man, I think you'll love it even if you haven't really been a Zelda fan before.

Call of Duty 3 - Awesome game. Gameplay is great. The only disadvantage is the graphics which are good, but not great.
Well that's how every Wii game is, just good but not great graphics. Not a downside I don't think.

You gotta give it a try man, I think you'll love it even if you haven't really been a Zelda fan before.

Trust me, I will. Just after I play some more Madden NFL 07. I also have to finished Red Steel, but that can probably wait.

Well that's how every Wii game is, just good but not great graphics. Not a downside I don't think.

True. And it primarily replaces with gameplay. :) In my opinion, anyway. :p

Another FPS that's out is Far Cry. My friend is getting it, so I'll try it and see what that's like.

Archived