Home

Who "Do Not Want" Kotor3?

PoiuyWired

Who "Do Not Want" Kotor3?

Before people start spaming I am going to say its not meant to be a joke thread.

What I am trying to say is, maybe K3 should not exist at all, but instead another game in the kotor universe instead. The follow up of the Revan/Exile thing can be answered in other media (or maybe even FoC2)

There are just too many variants in the whole situation that a true ending to the series (without a preset situation for Revan/Exile) would be improbable.

It is one of those weird thoughts I have after one too many coffee, and reading thru those kotor comics where they describe yet another character in the era.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I for one don't care about Kotor III anymore. If they had planned it, they would have at least announced it by now, and they haven't. Also, as much as I want to find out what happens to Revan (he probably saves they galaxy yet again) and the Exile (she's going to die, no matter what), the game engine is pathetic compared to anything they have nowadays, and I've found better games anyway.

To be honest, I'd be perfectly happy if we don't learn any more about Revan or the Exile. To me, not every mystery needs to be answered.
Except for the huge mysteries, that are more like plot holes, left at the end of a 30 hour game in one of my favourite series of all time.

It would be like Star Wars V w/out Star Wars VI. At least Star Wars V ending did have solid resolution (that sounded a bit awkward, but you know what I mean).

I for one don't care about Kotor III anymore. If they had planned it, they would have at least announced it by now, and they haven't. Also, as much as I want to find out what happens to Revan (he probably saves they galaxy yet again) and the Exile (she's going to die, no matter what), the game engine is pathetic compared to anything they have nowadays, and I've found better games anyway.
You have posted nearly 1400 times and you don't care about a K3.

To be honest, I'd be perfectly happy if we don't learn any more about Revan or the Exile. To me, not every mystery needs to be answered.

Well said, Prime! I agree with you entirely here. The Revan-Exile saga is best left a mystery, as it lies well the gloomy, mysterious theme that signed off KotOR II. I believe whole-heartedly that like Darth Nihilus, the fate of Revan is best left unknown.

But, we can perhaps have a KotOR III, which does NOT answer the fate of Revan, which is my vision of KotOR III all along. :)

I fail to see the comparison.

What he means is, they left the ending completely unfulfilled, and we'll never know what happens with all those major characters, much like if Return of the Jedi had not been made.

In my humble opinion, KotOR is the single best game ever made. A new KotOR with next gen graphics would pwn every living thing and its mother. Nuff said.

What he means is, they left the ending completely unfulfilled, and we'll never know what happens with all those major characters, much like if Return of the Jedi had not been made.
I would argue that we know what happens to almost all of characters, at least as far as the story is concerned. Kreia gives a rundown of just about everyone at the end. Sure, we don't know every detail about everyone until they die, but we know about each character in the context of the story.

To use your analogy (ignoring the EU for the moment), it is like saying the Star Wars films are completely unfulfilled because we don't know everything Luke did after ROTJ.

I say that doesn't matter because the story is more or less complete in and of itself.

I would argue that we know what happens to almost all of characters, at least as far as the story is concerned. Kreia gives a rundown of just about everyone at the end. Sure, we don't know every detail about everyone until they die, but we know about each character in the context of the story.

To use your analogy (ignoring the EU for the moment), it is like saying the Star Wars films are completely unfulfilled because we don't know everything Luke did after ROTJ.

I say that doesn't matter because the story is more or less complete in and of itself.

I agree. After all the game is called "Knights of the Old Republic," not Knight of the Old Republic. The story does not have to remain focused on the former PCs. While I would love to see more about the Exile, Revan or other NPCs, I agree with Prime that their stories are complete.

I just want at least some tangentical connection of K3 to K2. Basically, some mention of The Exile and Revan. And, maybe, having the enemy be the "True Sith". But that's about it. There was subtle connections between K1 and K2, which explains what happened to Revan. I hope for these same subtle connections between K2 and K3.

That's about it. Other than the mandatory connections, focus on the new Character/Hero/Villian. Revan's and Exile's stories are almost finished...we just need to read the Epiloge.

Well, obviously k3 will be on a new engine. Though it would be nice if the D20 style game system would stick. Its easy to handle, and easy for new players to understand, especially if they have pior xp with D20.

kotor's charm is on its story, and all the different choices and possabilities you can toy with. Having too complex a game system(especially combat) only make it more like some online MMO where the main focus is leveling and combat rather than story and roleplaying.

Agreed on TSL's characters, I still need more on Revan and to a lesser extent the Exile.

As far as K1 NPCs I wouldn't mind seeing some EU stories on them. Something like a one-shot or short comic series taking place before or after K1(still alive since Revan being canonical LS). But not during or after TSL since the story arc is unfinished.

It could be one about Mission and Zaalbar. Even more compelling Jolee Bindo. Possibly his adventures as a padawn during the era of Exar Kun.

As referred to by the Desciple I'd be interested in "The adventures of Jolee Bindo on the Outer Rim".

Ahh yes, so I remember. She mentions what happens to the Exile, and to Revan, and what happened on the Outer Rim, what happens to Bastila, Carth and any of the other K1 survivors, and why we never hear from the True Sith again...Forgot that bit of the end ;)

I don't know what everyone else feels, but to me all of Kreia's talk about the true Sith and "the great war that comes" has a major "To be continued" sign in neon all over it.

And that's not even counting that we hear about Revan the entire game without ever finding him again, or even hearing what becomes of the Exile. It's not as if TLS has the sort of ending where the Exile goes off into the sunset to live happily ever after...

No offense, but I just don't understand how anyone can say that Revan's and Exile's stories are over. Sorry, but I just don't get it.

I don't know what everyone else feels, but to me all of Kreia's talk about the true Sith and "the great war that comes" has a major "To be continued" sign in neon all over it.

And that's not even counting that we hear about Revan the entire game without ever finding him again, or even hearing what becomes of the Exile. It's not as if TLS has the sort of ending where the Exile goes off into the sunset to live happily ever after...

No offense, but I just don't understand how anyone can say that Revan's and Exile's stories are over. Sorry, but I just don't get it.

QFE.

Agreed. There is no Kotor 3. If there is, why hasn't there been any form of official comment, besides the non-factually based rants of Star Wars fans on the internet? Play your KOTOR 1 and 2, Jedi Academy, and all the other Star Wars games out there, and forget about your non-sensical ideas of a KOTOR 3, until Obsidian or Bioware makes an official statement.

Agreed. There is no Kotor 3. If there is, why hasn't there been any form of official comment, besides the non-factually based rants of Star Wars fans on the internet? Play your KOTOR 1 and 2, Jedi Academy, and all the other Star Wars games out there, and forget about your non-sensical ideas of a KOTOR 3, until Obsidian or Bioware makes an official statement.

Ahem. I beg to differ.

and to what are you differing? You make no comment on that. Are you differing that there is a game, or that no official release has been made.

Before you post, make sure you say something that actually has a point and can be arguable and not make you look like an upset fanboy that is hurt by the truth.

and to what are you differing? You make no comment on that. Are you differing that there is a game, or that no official release has been made.

Before you post, make sure you say something that actually has a point and can be arguable and not make you look like an upset fanboy that is hurt by the truth.

That was his point you twit. If you click on the message I beg to differ, it's a link to an article.

http://www.businessweek.com/innovate/content/nov2006/id20061122_709907.htm?campaign_id=rss_daily

It has a quote from Nancy MacIntyre, VP of global sales and marketing for LucasArts.

"MacIntyre continues, “We’ve also got Star Wars franchises like Knights of the Old Republic and Battle Front that we will not leave behind. It’s very important to us that we grow those franchises.” So the future of Str Wars includes new and old game-based IP as well as IP based on other spin-offs. "

Archived