Home

Who "Do Not Want" Kotor3?

PoiuyWired

The idea behind my post was to point out the fact that it would be silly to make the player define the appearance, gender and allegiance of two characters who will most likely not be the PC or even party members.

Silly for apperance, BUT not for gender and allegiance. We have a canon apperance for Revan (Revan wearing mask and rope) and I hope that Exile has a mask and a rope too. But gender and allignment must remain variables, so that we can edit them to fit how WE view Revan and Exile.

If they have a semi-important role (i.e. more than a cameo) it would involve too many different plot roads (and therefore time and resources) to cover all the possibilities.

But this also means that I will replay the game over and over to cover all the possiblities. Replayablity is a good thing to have, no?

The way around this would be to give them a defined personality and appearance, and since canon already has something for them, why not use it?

Because not everyone like canon. I don't. And if you use canon, I will be most upset at the game.

I play DS for both Exile and Revan. If it turns out that my choices don't matter, and that the designers don't care of my choices in getting my character to fall to the DS, then I will be very mad.

They ALREADY allow for players to choose in K2, with Revan. Jediphile, The Archiert, I, and several others can construct plotlines that allow for Revan and Exile to have different alignments and genders...and if we can do it, then the designers of K3 can do it much more better. So why bother worrying?

It doesn’t have to be exactly this way, but as you can see, by masking Revan and the Exile and setting their alignment during KotOR III thus ‘changing them’ it is only way to save resources and bring them back in the flesh in KotOR III. Making four completely different characters, creating their dialogue trees, voice acting them and so on is a huge money/time consumer and is something the devs wouldn’t do or wouldn’t like to do.

QFT. Giving us the illusion of choice is a good thing to have. It worked in TSL. A little peeved about that Revan leaves known galaxy regardless of what happens, but it had to be done, and they could have went canon, so I'm glad of that.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The idea behind my post was to point out the fact that it would be silly to make the player define the appearance, gender and allegiance of two characters who will most likely not be the PC or even party members. If they have a semi-important role (i.e. more than a cameo) it would involve too many different plot roads (and therefore time and resources) to cover all the possibilities. The way around this would be to give them a defined personality and appearance, and since canon already has something for them, why not use it?

Read my previous post in this thread DarthMuffin.

And SilentScope001, Jediphile didn't say what you 'QFT'ed', I did. :)

All these people who don't care about KOTOR III...

1) what the hell are you doing posting here?

2) Leaving the story unfulfilled would be bad for those people who do want to know what happens to Revan and the Exile, and you'll probably find that's the vast majority. Leave a few open ends? fine. Leave a gaping hole in a storyline desperate to be filled? Doesn't scan.

Silly for apperance, BUT not for gender and allegiance. We have a canon apperance for Revan (Revan wearing mask and rope) and I hope that Exile has a mask and a rope too. But gender and allignment must remain variables, so that we can edit them to fit how WE view Revan and Exile.

Someone has bondage on his mind eh?

With 7000+ posts, I have to side with Prime on the issue.

Re-using the old PCs according to canon is silly. There would be no point to create your character if you decide to play K1 or TSL again like someone already stated. It would be as dumb as playing a Star Wars OT RPG in which you decide what Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader looks like. It's just wrong...

• 2 weeks later...

I would be put down if they didn't continue the KOTOR story. Maybe a new Jedi Hero or maybe even just stop having Jedi and go onto a smuggler or a scout. I would not be upset with Revan and the Exile not being found, it gives me something to day dream about sometimes. I liked the game. However...if KOTOR III didn't come around I wouldn't be TOO upset. Though I really do want the game to come about.

You know its about time i posted in this thread, in my opinion any time i read Darth InSidious posts about Nancy MacIntyre telling ppl that they won't abandon the kotor franchise, i get that tingly feeling. if i were a mod i would lock this thread and post at the end in big letters "THEY WILL MAKE KOTOR 3", it will just take time, they wont rush it like they did for K2, besides they make to much money to just stop at 2. My argument is way far from finished, i could literally sit here typing hundreds of reasons why they will make K3, but i haven't got the energy to type that much, so get over these childish comments about leaving the kotor games behind, they WILL make kotor 3.

You know its about time i posted in this thread, in my opinion any time i read Darth InSidious posts about Nancy MacIntyre telling ppl that they won't abandon the kotor franchise, i get that tingly feeling. if i were a mod i would lock this thread and post at the end in big letters "THEY WILL MAKE KOTOR 3", it will just take time, they wont rush it like they did for K2, besides they make to much money to just stop at 2. My argument is way far from finished, i could literally sit here typing hundreds of reasons why they will make K3, but i haven't got the energy to type that much, so get over these childish comments about leaving the kotor games behind, they WILL make kotor 3.

We are just talking. What the heck is wrong with you? You're being a bit ridiculous. We're just talking about WHAT IFS. So hush...You don't really know if they will continue the game.

We are just talking. What the heck is wrong with you? You're being a bit ridiculous. We're just talking about WHAT IFS. So hush...You don't really know if they will continue the game.

Ok so maybe i was just a bit over OTT when i posted that, i just found out that my grand mother went into hospital, if i posted that when i wasn't so upset, maybe it would of been more calmly said, maybe i should edit that and put lol somewhere in it.

I know the discussion of Revan not being relevant for future KOTOR games was brought up earlier than this, but I know that there has to be more than one complete Star Wars fan in this forum. Revan has now been canonized in the Star Wars universe as being the originator of the idea of "one Master, one apprentice" due to the fact the Sith as a rule are power hungry Force Wielders. Revan understood that this was why the Sith could never overcome the Jedi, because there was too much infighting within themselves. Darth Bane discovers a Sith Holocron placed by Revan in the Sith Temple on Korriban explaining this in the book, "Star Wars: Darth Bane Path to Destruction". Bane puts into effect what Revan understood, and eventually the Sith do overcome the Jedi in films put out. Because of this, Revan has now played a critical role in the Star Wars universe, to leave him out of KOTOR 3 would be unthinkable.

Archived