Home

Suggestion for GC objectives

YertyL

ATM, most scenarios have the objective "clear out the other 2 factions".

This can lead to a pretty tedious gameplay, because even after the point where you practically can't lose, you have to clear every single planet of the other 2 factions.

I think GC would become a whole lot more interesting (thought perhaps harder to balance) if there were more creative objectives; This would perhaps even help establish the ZC more as a criminal organization than a third faction in the galactic civil war.

I'd also find it cool if pirate planets were introduced again; IMO they make gameplay more interesting and fun, e.g. because they force you to make the decision wether to conquer the planet and gain the income or to wait for the enemy to conquer it and not lose any tropps to pirates.

For example, this is how a GC could look:

-Galactic Empire: Starts with more planets and money than the other 2 factions (most inner rim worlds); Objective: Eliminate Tyber Zann or all ZC planets and Mon Mothma

-Rebel Alliance: Start with quite a few Outer Rim worlds; there are a few pirate planets between the Rebel and Imperial starting planets. Objective: Conquer Corouscant or kill Emperor Palpatine

-Zann Consortium: Start with few isolated planets; Objective: Conquer Nal Hutta and amass 200.000 Credits

What do you think?

Yes, however having them in the unmodified version has the advantage that you can play MP (plus, I dunno how to modify XML :p )

I'm not sure what's involved, exactly, but getting some maps with more specific objectives so that we can use that "custom maps" button would be ideal.

Archived