Home

Disable one Faction?

sherlockemery

Yes, i made a full extraction of the XML and all. You can easily disable any one of the faction in the Campaign_GC.xml file. Just assign the AI player for that faction as none.

Then remove all pre-games units for that faction from the xml.

I find the win conditions can be goofy, you cna name specific planets that must be taken to win, and for the AI. I would say until the patch is out to fix a myriad of small bugs and balance issues, getting to far into modding is a waste of time in a way.

What GC map do want and what exactly?

OK, let me see what I can do. I assume out of the five or so maps, the big one with 55 planets.

Plus, depending upon which side you play, the initial planet distrubution is different. Example, playing the Empire in Origin of Corruption GC mode you start with one planet and the AI gets alot more, it changes for each faction you play.

I think you want the AI and you both to start out with one planet each (Coruscant and say Yavin or something decent). Plus maybe place some non-expanding pirates in to slow down the initial land grab. As of now, the pirate faction is disabled in FoC. I wonder if it still works if I renable it.

I'm playing that one right now QuestGAV. Thank you.

Slocket, that sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. That scenario would make me a very happy camper.

I just can't get into the ZC at all. I think they could have used Jabba/Talon Karrde/Xizor with a greater effect. Karrde could have defected to the rebels at one point or something for a plot twist...

It would be great if some industrious modder could write a GUI frontend for editing galactic maps and objectives. I know it's easy to do via XML (and I keep telling myself I'm going to try setting some GCs up), but I bet community-built galactic conquest campaigns would really take off if there was an easy-to-use tool.

I'm playing that one right now QuestGAV. Thank you.

Slocket, that sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. That scenario would make me a very happy camper.

I just can't get into the ZC at all. I think they could have used Jabba/Talon Karrde/Xizor with a greater effect. Karrde could have defected to the rebels at one point or something for a plot twist...

I think Zann is a fair enough character, but i take your meaning. Xizor and Black Sun would have been a better fit to the Star Wars universe than a massive, galaxy spanning cartel that could go toe-to-toe with the best the Galactic Empire had to offer yet no-one has ever heard of them outside of FoC.

I don't think Karrde would have worked either - some of the stuff doesn't seem his style. Massive battlecruisers with prototype weapons and platoons of hovertanks? Nah, that's nowt like him.

They fit him in nicely in the campaign, but outside of that conquest, GC particularly, it is a bit odd. I always just wonder about the mechanics of him running up to an ATAT and bribing the guy way up there about to step on him too, but that's just me.

I am getting on it now. Sorry for the delay. It was such a 'Happy Thanksgiving' here in the USA :/ relatives....sometimes I wonder....

Now I can get back to gaming. I am changing that map, plus seeing if the pirate AI will work if it is re-enabled. I do not want to post a poor working map. :)

That will work. Plus you must manually add in Pirates to slow down the AI land grab. I have finished a beta version if you want to try. For some reason I had a problem with uploading it to Rapidshare. It is the above mention file with pirates added, and only the Empire with Rebels, plus starting with only one planet each.

It can have more or less pirates added in, but that is a balance issue. It seems to work good enough for now. Let me get a link again today.

Empire vs Rebel only Mod. for the Equal Footing GC map.

http://rapidshare.com/files/5011285/Empire_Rebel_gc.zip.html

I do find it interesting how the AI expands, and waits for you to catch up, or how big a starbase it will attack on Medium. I hope Petro can make the AI more smarter.

I was using a simple three party Rebel raid with Air Speeders and the Empire was too stupid to build one AA turret to shoot them down. It did build one randomly in EAW, but not in FoC for some reason.

It's working pretty well so far. I've got 12ish planets under my control, the Empire has 18 or so on Hard and a big fleet knocking on my door.

I don't know if this was a bug related to the map or if it was just a random occurence but there was a group of 3 stormtroopers above Mandalore where no Imp ships should have been able to get to. When I moved my space stack on top of it they joined the stack and couldn't attack them. They flew around with my fleet for a bit until the next space battle (with pirates), during which they flew in with my ships and were immediately destroyed.

• 6 months later...
Empire vs Rebel only Mod. for the Equal Footing GC map.

http://rapidshare.com/files/5011285/Empire_Rebel_gc.zip.html

I do find it interesting how the AI expands, and waits for you to catch up, or how big a starbase it will attack on Medium. I hope Petro can make the AI more smarter.

I was using a simple three party Rebel raid with Air Speeders and the Empire was too stupid to build one AA turret to shoot them down. It did build one randomly in EAW, but not in FoC for some reason.

I noticed that you created a mod that allows you to disable the zc in gc. I am really interested in acquiring this mod. But when I went to retrieve it, the file was no longer there. Perhaps you could repost this mod so that I could acquire it. Thanks

Archived