Home

Game plays, but most 2D graphics/interface missing

BadSyntax

Ok, I can start the game and the initial scenario seems to work, but I get no interface at all. I can finish the mission with no problem, but after that I can't build things, can't do any skirmish missions (they start, but I cant build). I can play a space game, well, it shows my station....

The 3d graphics at the start look *great*, and it runs great on my dual 3.6Ghz Xeon64 with a Geforce 7800 GTX.

Empires at war worked, just not the addon.

I am positive I've had this issue before with 1 other game, but dont remember what I did to fix it.

I'm using the latest (as of today) nvidia drivers, dx9.0c august (or october) release, XP SP2 all updated, basically its all updated.

I've tried *every* conceivable graphics combination/resolution in the menu, but nothing helps.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bad Syntax

just to respond so u dont get a feelin like ppl ignoring u and ur problem.... i have no idea at all whats causing this or how to fix it.

/edit; i found out this happening when ur usin a no cd crack for foc. those "fixed executables" arent working properly... so.... put the original executeable back in the games folder and its working... if u cant do that cause ur usin a copy... well... buy the game then or live with it.

Ok, I can start the game and the initial scenario seems to work, but I get no interface at all. I can finish the mission with no problem, but after that I can't build things, can't do any skirmish missions (they start, but I cant build). I can play a space game, well, it shows my station....

The 3d graphics at the start look *great*, and it runs great on my dual 3.6Ghz Xeon64 with a Geforce 7800 GTX.

Empires at war worked, just not the addon.

I am positive I've had this issue before with 1 other game, but dont remember what I did to fix it.

I'm using the latest (as of today) nvidia drivers, dx9.0c august (or october) release, XP SP2 all updated, basically its all updated.

I've tried *every* conceivable graphics combination/resolution in the menu, but nothing helps.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bad Syntax

Press "i".

• 2 months later...

Archived