Home

From Official: KOTOR not finished, but a ways off?

Prime

Huh, can't believe I didn't see this post of Prime's sooner, it is reassuring to know that KotOR is still being thought about, and now my hope moves on to a potential KotOR 3 being released with a mod toolset, don't get me wrong we owe pretty much everything to the efforts of those such as Fred_Tetra and cchargin, but it would be nice to see LA really support the modding community.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another reason to upgrade my RAM and get a new video card. Though with this it is starting to seem, that my Pentium 4.6 might not be enough (now THAT would suck). Even though those are real great news. KOTOR for life :D I just hope they don't make a game with Revan fighting True Sith. Or actualy i hope it doesn't have to do much with either Revan, Exile, nor True Sith.

She adds, “There will be one mega one like Star Wars ’07 and another that might be somewhat more specific, for more of a specific Star Wars audience.

even though it is unlikely I am hoping that the "specific Star Wars Audience is the Kotor Fans

Nice post Prime!! This makes me feel that all the searching for news about KIII has not been a waste of time.

I was glad to read this little thing about KOTOR, it's good that they haven't planned on abandoning it, that said the earliest I would expect a KOTOR announcement or anything else of KOTOR would be maybe October next year but even if theres isn't I'm ok, I'm playing my 3rd KOTOR game out of 6 and I have 4 other playthroughs of K2 that will last me until Jul, maybe and then I'm gonna get NeverWinter Nights 2 because it looks pretty good and one of my roomates is buying it so it will be neat to play over a LAN thing, anyway good news for a KIII keeps me satisfied for now. I'll be keeping busy for the next few months anyway.

• 1 month later...

In an interesting development to this story, Nancy MacIntyre, the LucasArts VP who made this statement, has just left LucasArts for an executive vice president position at Leapfrog Enterprises.

Source: PR Newswire

Of course I don't think this means her statement about LucasArts not leaving the Battlefront and KotOR series behind wasn't true, just that we won't be hearing any more KotOR info from her since she no longer works at LucasArts.

Ohh, no, now I'm worried, i may just be jumping to conclusions but if she already left LA when she did the first interview but just didn't tell them she already left, maybe she lied or something about not abandoning the kotor franchise's, meh, but why would she lie, nope I'm jumping to conclusions, i have to be, i just have to.

if you go to the official Bioware site under the games tab you'll see they're developing a "new next gen game"

maybe Kotor3?

also there's "new handheld game" and considering this "you will likely see us do some sort of Star Wars handheld game" maybe Bioware is working on two star wars games for LA?

Just my speculations

edit:

mind you i decided to check Bioware's site after i read somewhere that they might be developing Kotor3

i thought its a strange run of coincidences... :)

if you go to the official Bioware site under the games tab you'll see they're developing a "new next gen game"

maybe Kotor3?

also there's "new handheld game" and considering this "you will likely see us do some sort of Star Wars handheld game" maybe Bioware is working on two star wars games for LA?

Just my speculations

edit:

mind you i decided to check Bioware's site after i read somewhere that they might be developing Kotor3

i thought its a strange run of coincidences... :)

Bioware will not do K3. Because they don't own the Intellectual Property rights.

Well i'm not trying to convince you of anything

Its my firm belief and hope that Bioware will be developing Kotor 3 and that this next gen game is indeed Kotor 3

I'm not forcing you to believe it

Just mentioned it cuz i found the run of coincidences interesting

People don't seem to understand that the situation has changed since bioware stated that they will focus on thier own ip. They never said that they won't do liscenced work again, just that they needed to work on establishing thier own franchises. Since that statement, they have gone through a merger, completed Mass Effect (with plans for two more)(also Dragon Age has come a long ways) and even said that they are looking to balance big name titles to thier own i.p..

Archived