Home

doubt

IPO

Pewh, finally I found something thats starting to look like a real coding forum.

I've been searching the net for some days now and now Im quiet sure that this is it!

First of all I would like to intruduce myself; Im IPO and I would like to know how to mod! and yes you properly heard that one before; anyway, I got some doubt about starting all this.

First I downloaded the Jedi_Academy_SDK and I told me that I had to had Visual, so I downloaded it and now as I read in your forum I see that its kinda hard to use the new Visual 2005.

But my question is:

Is it impossible to use 2005 v8 or do I just need a newer SDK version? if yes - Where do I get it?

Also is it nessecary to get V6.0 instead of 8.0?

Last thing; I read something about OJP some Jedi project and download a program to get does files, but it seems kinda hard to figure out how the system is working, could anybody just tell me, well! You need to do this, then that! and then you can play around with the modding files, that would be awsum!

Nice forum tho!

// IPO hope to hear from ya soon ;)

Yeah this is the forum to be lol

But you can also check some q3coding forums, they have some interesting things if you want to get deeper.

As far as I know you probably have to change the original sdk too much(or not) to make it work with 2005. If you can get visual studio 2003 it would be great. The source compiles fine in it.

I found a fully updated SDK on the net, and its working it complie everytime, the only problem is that even when it complies, and i put it into a folder called IPO and put the 3 .dlls in there + a description.txt it still wont show up in the "Load mod" menu! Any ideas?

Thats true, it does appear when i pack em up! but it doesn't work.

I changed the speed of E11 from 2300 to 200 , but when i load the files and stuff, it still shoots as fast as before :(

Btw- what is drifferent from debug(SH) and debug, coz im running SH version of it

*EDIT*

Its working! ITS WOOORRKKING :D

What I did was: complie it as final; put all into a folder, put all into a pk3, put a description.txt with a name of the mod into the folder ( not the pk3 )

True, i found out and edited it back!

Well I know the basic now, and its time for me to fool around, the problem is i know nothing about C(C++) so all thies codes are just numbers and letters for me. The only thing I can edit is the weapon and speed. But? if i start reading C do i also learn about basic stuff so I can edit JKA stuff?

Archived