Home

Star Wars: Allegiance

Astrotoy7

OK. Timmy has milked Thrawn to blue skinned red eyed tears. Now its Mara's turn. Due in Feb 2007 is Allegiance. I will only be reading it for my beloved Jade, which is the one and only good the TZ has ever done :)

It seems like its being set in the mystical IV.5 era, which hasnt had much EU coverage at all.

Here's the astounding cover....you'd think they could have put Mara on it :(

250px-Allegiance.jpg

mtfbwya

She's too stupid to put on the cover. :)

I'll be giving this one a pass I think...

c'mon Primeski, now you;re just trying to make Astro + Jade fans sad :( Stupid ? The woman with the mental will to break sidious' conditioning. Not to mention the numerous and skilled ways she's gotten herself and others out of difficult situations. Or the brave way she fought the disease the YV had inflicted upon her. Jade is the most capable of the female jedi, arguably the strongest female character in all EU. Also the way she calls Luke farmboy to this day, even though he is the most powerful jedi master in all the known galaxy...she's awesome

and who the heck else looks like this in EU :D (I share Jabba's feeling towards her)

eu_bg.jpg

You want stupid ? How about Tahiri, but you can harldy blame her, her brains been messed up by shapers :( Or how about the new Jaina+Zekk...that *really* is stupidity, as Han so often clearly states :)

mtfbwya

• 2 weeks later...
I dunno, I've read most of the EU books but the newer ones just don't hold any interest for me. I might read it eventually because I like Mara but I just don't feel much desire to hurry up that eventuality.

You may like the new Legacy Series :) No weird species to distract you, just pure "jedi gone bad" madness. Sorta like Anakin 2.0, but perhaps smarter than him, and better written.

mtfbwya

Stupid ?
"Jacen isn't turning to evil and becoming a Sith Lord! He says he is just having an affair! I take his word at face value. Oh, and we should make sure that our son continues to apprentice under him, because he is doing such a good job. I will continue to ignore all the signs. I shouldn't know any better, because I've never had dealings with the Sith or the dark side..."

:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
"Jacen isn't turning to evil and becoming a Sith Lord! He says he is just having an affair! I take his word at face value. Oh, and we should make sure that our son continues to apprentice under him, because he is doing such a good job. I will continue to ignore all the signs. I shouldn't know any better, because I've never had dealings with the Sith or the dark side..."

:)

did Jade say that?? That author needs an "Maintaining EU Characterisation Continuity 101" class :( Just like GL said, dont blame hayden, blame the writer !

mtfbwya

did Jade say that?? That author needs an "Maintaining EU Characterisation Continuity 101" class :( Just like GL said, dont blame hayden, blame the writer !
The last line is my sarcasm, but all the rest is a summary, yes.

She has had a long stretch where she continued to ignore all the signs of Jacen's decent because he had led to Ben using the Force. It was only after Jacen started torturing prisoners to death, Force choking people, attempted to kill his family, and turned Ben into secret police that she conceded that maybe having him as Ben's master wasn't such a good idea.

As I said, not too swift... :)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think that any other writter can capture Jade's personality. NJO's Jade was hard to swallow. I think Allegiance will remind people who Jade really is. I can't wait untill I get started on Allegiance. Rock On...

I just bought Zhan's Outbound Flight paper-back. I hope he did GL's characters justice.

I finished the book last night. It was pretty good. I could swear I read somewhere that Mara said she never came face to face with Vader, but I could just be making it up.

The book is 1/3 Mara Jade, 1/3 Han, Leia, Luke, and 1/3 Hand of Judgement. It's not like Zahn is shiving Mara down your throat. If you're so worried about the book sucking, wait til it hits paperback or rent it from your local library.

Archived