Home

Revan VS. Nihilus... who would win

Anakin Skywalker

Who would win in a fight?  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win in a fight?

• Revan
    • Nihilus

The distraction I'm talking about is actually like Nihilus being attacked while exerting his force-sucking ability. I reckon when he sucked the life out of the entire Katar he was standing afar at the bridge of his collossal dead ship, with nothing else to divert his attention.

Nope. :)

Nihiluswalks.jpg

If all those people couldn't distract him, I doubt Revan alone could.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Revan would win plain and simple.The Exile is strong in the force by the time he/she gets to Nihilus and defeats the powerful dark lord.

Unless the Exile had some sort of artifact that resisted the Force drain ability of Nihilus, that might explain his/her defeat.

That or it had to be a special circumstance that allowed Nihilus to drain on such a great scale, Even Plagius the Wise did not use this power. If Nihilus was that strong in the force, He would have been unstoppable, (outside of the plot) he would have sensed the Exile on the Ebon Hawk and drained the force from all living beings on the Hawk, even Kreia's Making herself small in the force would not have helped.

Yes the jedi have known about the ysalamiri for ages, During the Thrawn Trilogy, Talon Karrde tells someone, that because of the "No Force Bubble" the ysalamiri create the jedi have avoided Myrkr like a plague for hundreds of years and only go there under dire circumstances.

In a grander, Revan vs Nihilus in war, situation, Revan I think would win. As a matter of tactics and options, Revan clearly has the advantage. Revan was brilliant, Nihilus was....hungry. I'm completely confident Revan could pull it off.

In a 1 on 1 fight, force super-suck excluded, Revan would also unquestionalby win for sure.

But I think the real question is whether in face to face combat, Nihilus' Force Suck move would work on Revan, and more importantly, work in time. If the power worked as many think it does, then Nihilus would have to win.

Unfortunately, since Nihilus' character was so poorly designed and developed, its hard to know exactly how his power worked or what it actually was.

I admit that I don't really know that much about the power, because I've never been interested in clown face. But I'm playing through TSL again right now and I'll pay more attention.

I originally got the impression that Nihilus' power was more of a subtle, draining thing. On one occasion he sucked the life out of a planet, but we don't know how long it took, or where from, or how much energy it took.

The other examples we directly see are much more subtle and long term than insta-drain. Visas, and Nihilus' entire ship is an example. People were being drained and corrupted over a long period of time, for Nihilus' sustenance. Of course, that doesn't necessarily imply that he is in any way unable to suddenly concentrate it.

The first time I played through, I don't recall having Nihilus be weakened in any way right before the fight. The second time, Visas did her weird sacrifice thing, and that was a first I know, but I don't remember him draining me or anythind noticeable happening the first time, which made his complete utter suckness even more baffling and surprising.

Another thing that struck me about Nihilus' power is that resisting it was somewhat of a matter of will. It seemed like the kind of thing that a strong, focused, aware, will could resist, like corruption. Something which Revan, if anyone, would be able to do.

Some people mentioned some cut content where Nihilus one shot drains Sion, which I didn't know about, and gives a lot of valuable information about how Nihilus can use the power. It would seem that Nihilus can use it effectively in close combat on an individual, both suddenly and powerfully.

But is also seems to be lacking in its completeness, as evidenced by Sion still retaining his fundamental resilience. There didn't seem to be any leftovers or traces of the Miraluka or the Jedi there, so it could be a matter of strength in the force that let Sion survive, in which case Revan would certainly have a shot, at least conceivably.

Also regarding Sion's case, the matter of willpower could be a factor. Sion was like Malak, strong and filled with anger and hate which gave them power, but ultimately left them incomplete. Revan, though, was much stronger willed than both of them, and stronger in the force as well. Who knows how much of an effect that would have.

There is also Nihilus' sometimes existent attempt to use the power on the Exile, which again shows that in can be used in close combat, but to what effect, we can't see in this case.

One last thing to consider, it took both Sion and Nihilus to betray Traya. They had to team up to do it (if they didn't need to, they wouldn't have)(also, this shows the flaw of the non-only-2 sith order system, and why it was eventually put in place). That says to me that Traya was able to defend herself, at least enough, from Nihilus' powers.

If it is possible to defend against the power, than I believe that Revan could do it.

That's what it boils down to for me, actually. If Nihilus can effectively use his power in close combat, but a sufficiently skilled force user can defend against it, Revan would win.

(note: I do not believe that more force power makes one more susceptible to Nihilus' drain. Force sensitivity makes someone a target, and the drain would have a greater effect on them, but they are not more vulnerable.)

On another note, to whoever didn't think that Revan isn't brilliant, read the dialog next time. All of TSL says that he was planing, thoughtful, and intelligent in his actions, beyond the comprehension of any of his companions. Every time Kreia speaks of him, she speaks with awe and admiration, and we know how she feels about brute force, and unthinking, unnecessary violence, as well as perception and thoughtful consideration of all the factors. The fact that she speaks admirably of his intellect is a large boon to his intelligence.

Then in KOTOR 1, if you aren't convinced by Canderous alone that Revan was a genius, then there's somethign wrong with you. Canderous' stories clearly demonstrate that the Mandalorians were kicking the Republic's ass in the war, on every front, until Revan showed up. There is one story in particular that shows Canderous' awe for Revan's tactical prowess, saying that there were thousands of brilliant micromanaged feints and distractions that all composed into one brilliant campaign that anticipated and defeated the Mandalorian's every move. If a great Mandalorian openly admire's someone's tactical prowess, then you better believe that they were unique.

*Sigh*

How many bloody people have played K2? It is ridiculous that Revan has even got a vote. It's even more ridiculous that Revan is winning this poll. We're talking about a 'one on one' fight right? That's what 'vs.' is, right?

Is there no limit to Revan's over glorification? If you Revan voters actually played K2, paid attention and understood it, you'd realise that the Exile is the only one who can beat Nihilus.

You Revan voters all mention how if Nihilus is distracted or doesn't have time to use his powers or if his powers don't work against Revan (which is bull, since they work against all who are touched by the force, excluding the Exile, who is a wound in the force, and Visas, who is tied to Nihilus somehow) that he/she would win.

Kreia: "{Chiding} Power? Do you think so? {Shakes head} You would be wrong. There is no strength in the hunger he possesses... and the will behind his power is a primal thing. And it devours him as he devours others - his mere presence kills all around him, slowly, feeding him. He is already dead; it is simply a question of how many he kills before he falls.”

The only difference between the Jedi and the half dead Sith slaves that follow him is that he is slowly devouring them, but with the Jedi, he just kills them instantly.

Nihilus>Every one except for the Exile.

Revan sucks.

Revan is overrated.

Deal with it.

Revan sucks.

Revan is overrated.

Deal with it.

You underestimate Revan. Congratulations, your opinion has been neutralized, lets move on.

The only difference between the Jedi and the half dead Sith slaves that follow him is that he is slowly devouring them, but with the Jedi, he just kills them instantly.

Good point.

You Revan voters all mention how if Nihilus is distracted or doesn't have time to use his powers or if his powers don't work against Revan (which is bull, since they work against all who are touched by the force, excluding the Exile, who is a wound in the force, and Visas, who is tied to Nihilus somehow) that he/she would win.

I think you're basically right. The problem is, it vague and poorly defined in K2, especially when your first play through is like mine where I didn't encounter any dialog that explained why Nihilus sucked so bad.

Its hard to tell for sure, but I agree that from what we know, you're most likely correct in how the power works, in which case Revan would indeed lose. But don't assume its obvious that the power must be like that. People have brought up lots of points why it might not, and the game is especially vague in this area.

*Sigh*

How many bloody people have played K2? It is ridiculous that Revan has even got a vote. It's even more ridiculous that Revan is winning this poll. We're talking about a 'one on one' fight right? That's what 'vs.' is, right?

If it were that clear, this would be a pretty stupid poll, wouldn't it?

Actually, not that I mention it, it is a pretty stupid poll. Not on concept, but it really comes down to how Nihilus' power works. Its either something that Revan could beat (which is impossible to concretely back up, and thus makes the discussion imbalanced) or its an insta death nuke (in which case it's a dumb question, like who would win, Batman or a Nuke?)

By the way, I voted Revan, before I read the thread, because Revan is about a bajillion times cooler than Nihilus, and sans the death power, woudl whoop Nihilus in a heartbeat. But I wasn't really thinking about the drain power, and when considering that, in all honesty I would have to say that it is most likely something that could ruin Revan and end the fight in Nihilus' favor. So I'd vote for Nihilus now, but I did vote for Revan instincively.

You underestimate Revan. Congratulations, your opinion has been neutralized, lets move on.

Meh, Revan's average. He/she is powerful, but an idiot IMO. I'm talking about the Revan who fought in the Mandalorian Wars by the way. The Revan in the JCW is okay, since from a certain point of view, I was Revan, so I'd be pretty much calling my self an idiot if I said Revan was an idiot, right?

But seriously, Revan is not the ultra cool, perfect, mega genius force god that the stupid fan boys make him/her out to be. I hope Revan gets killed in K3. I don't care how, I just hope he/she dies.

I think you're basically right. The problem is, it vague and poorly defined in K2, especially when your first play through is like mine where I didn't encounter any dialog that explained why Nihilus sucked so bad.

Its hard to tell for sure, but I agree that from what we know, you're most likely correct in how the power works, in which case Revan would indeed lose. But don't assume its obvious that the power must be like that. People have brought up lots of points why it might not, and the game is especially vague in this area.

What points have people brought up that Nihilus' power doesn't work the way it is defined as in the game? Show me these points. Just look at the half dead Sith on the Ravager bridge. Listen to the weird ferrel, zombie like noise those Sith assassins make when you kill them.

If you're a Jedi/Sith, if you're not a wound in the force, if you're not Visas, then you will die either instantly or be slowly devoured just by getting too close to Nihilus. Why do you think the Jedi hid in the first place?

If it were that clear, this would be a pretty stupid poll, wouldn't it?

Actually, not that I mention it, it is a pretty stupid poll. Not on concept, but it really comes down to how Nihilus' power works. Its either something that Revan could beat (which is impossible to concretely back up, and thus makes the discussion imbalanced) or its an insta death nuke (in which case it's a dumb question, like who would win, Batman or a Nuke?)

There is no defence against this technique. Even if there was, you wouldn't have a chance to defend your self, because Nihilus doesn't have to do anything to kill you. He can just stand there.

By the way, I voted Revan, before I read the thread, because Revan is about a bajillion times cooler than Nihilus, and sans the death power, woudl whoop Nihilus in a heartbeat. But I wasn't really thinking about the drain power, and when considering that, in all honesty I would have to say that it is most likely something that could ruin Revan and end the fight in Nihilus' favor. So I'd vote for Nihilus now, but I did vote for Revan instincively.

So when you voted Revan, you were:

Making more of an emotional decision based on your attachment to Revan's character rather than a logical one since the Exile was the only answer against Nihilus.

It's like Wolverine was the only answer against Jean Gray AKA The Phoenix in X-Men III.

Revan because he could create thought bombs and force storms.

So what? Revan was powerful, but the more powerful you are, the easier it is for Nihilus' to kill you. Revan would be a simple and good meal for Nihilus, unless Revan becomes a wound in the force, like the Exile.

I thought it was pretty clear in K2 that the Exile was the only answer against Nihilus. I guess I was wrong.

To put it simply....Nihilus would win hands down.

@The Architect, I understand your frustration with Revan fan-boys, but don't take that anger out on Revan. No matter what you say, he was a great military genius. He nearly single-handedly turned the tide of the entire Mandalorian War. And unless you think Kreia is completely out of her mind, then you know that what she says about him is right, and she always talks about him with great admiration. Now I'm not sayin he's unstoppable (he's far from it actually), but give the guy some credit.

Have you got nothing but contempt for Revan, Architect? :D

Revan is average? What are the other jedi then, pawns? You can't deny that Revan IS special and extraordinary in the Kotor era.

I believe most of what you say, but if, like Kreia states (and what Kreia says is NOT necessarily true) Nihilus kills everything around him, just by his presence, how come there is that little cutscene were Nihilus attempts to use a drain like power on the Exile and fails?

Wouldn't that be unnecessary? In that case, his mere presence is not enough?

Oh, and Nihilus is capable of destroying all life, since every life is touched by the force, thus wiping out entire planets? Did I get that right? Everyone is connected to the force?

So, in Mandalor's case, that connection was apparently not enough to instantly kill him? Or could it be, that Nihilus can only kill force sensitives? I wonder why you have "saved" Telos then. Noone would have died, except you and the other few force sensitives.

I believe that there is a difference between being in Nihilus presence and the drain power he uses to instantly kill someone, draining that beings force.

Some people over-estimate Nihilus a lot.

And Revan is far more powerful then Nihilus. The only thing that Nihilus is very good with is his Super Force Drain ability.

And "The Chronicles" states that Revan feeds on Dark Side Energies. His will allows him to feed on DS energies and not consumed by them.

Here is some more information: "Early in the war, at some point in the year 3,963 BBY, Revan visited the ancient Sith world of Malachor V, while scouting for new outposts along the embattled Outer Rim. Word had reached him that Malachor was anathema to the Mandalorians and he wished to know the reason why. Upon landing on the planet's surface, he was nearly destroyed by the resonance of ancient Sith power and he only managed to survive the encounter through sheer force of will. He fed upon the power of the dark side of the Force, and in so doing, avoided being utterly consumed by it."

Revan is a very powerful individual.

Additional information: "Soon after, Revan arrived at Malachor and entered the fray, but he was late and the Mandalorian fleets were far from defeated. In that moment, he drew upon the Sith energies haunting the surface below to manipulate the Jedi fighting in orbit. Taking advantage of the raw emotions spawned by combat, he overpowered them and drew them to the dark side."

Revan alone can use Dark Side energies to turn tides in huge battles, so he can do that in a one-on-one scenario as well.

He also demonstrated his Super Force Lightening Storm ability on Lehon planet and killed an entire Rakatan army backed by mighty "Rancor Beasts" in a single attack. (The One) - Leader of that army narrated this event to Revan when he again visited Lehon as a Jedi.

Revan can use this Super Force Lightening Storm ability again and kill Nihilus from a large distance, even before Nihilus will turn to face him.

Revan can win in this fight.

As master kriea said "Revan was POWER".

And Revan is far more powerful then Nihilus. The only thing that Nihilus is very good with is his Super Force Drain ability.

And that is why Nihlius can win. The more powerful Revan is...the more powerful Nihlius becomes, and the more tasty Revan is. Nihlius wins, because of the NihliusDrain, that is uncounterable, expect via The Exile.

If Nihlius did not have this Drain, then he can be easily defeated. But then, you take away the only thing that make Nihlius cool.

Oh, and Nihilus is capable of destroying all life, since every life is touched by the force, thus wiping out entire planets? Did I get that right? Everyone is connected to the force?

So, in Mandalor's case, that connection was apparently not enough to instantly kill him?

Cut content shows Mandalore possibly dying on The Raveger, though Visas predicts he'll surivie. So, yes, Mandalore could have been wounded by Darth Nihlius.

Several Ysalamiri together would expand their force-neutral bubble by exponential distance - sometimes miles.

This proves that the Yslamiri possably could indeed prevent the drain, provided there were several of them in another room neaby.

Some people mentioned some cut content where Nihilus one shot drains Sion, which I didn't know about, and gives a lot of valuable information about how Nihilus can use the power. It would seem that Nihilus can use it effectively in close combat on an individual, both suddenly and powerfully.

Its cut content for a reason right? I mean its a finished cutscene so they didn't remove it because it would hve taken time, which implies they didn't like it and dropped it, prehaps this posed Nihilus overpowered in the cutscene?

If you're a Jedi/Sith, if you're not a wound in the force, if you're not Visas, then you will die either instantly or be slowly devoured just by getting too close to Nihilus. Why do you think the Jedi hid in the first place?

Yes he may be killed OVER TIME but Revan would undoubtably have time to attack Nihilus befor his over-time effect killed him. Therefor Revan would win though be slightly/majorly injured, OR the power would kill Revan, but Revan would have had time enough to kill Nihilus befor he died.

Clearly this cannot be resolved without a developer stepping in and telling us what the answer would be, which they clearly won't so this discussion is over.

~Darth-Meatbag

Some people over-estimate Nihilus a lot.

And "The Chronicles" states that Revan feeds on Dark Side Energies. His will allows him to feed on DS energies and not consumed by them.

Here is some more information: "Early in the war, at some point in the year 3,963 BBY, Revan visited the ancient Sith world of Malachor V, while scouting for new outposts along the embattled Outer Rim. Word had reached him that Malachor was anathema to the Mandalorians and he wished to know the reason why. Upon landing on the planet's surface, he was nearly destroyed by the resonance of ancient Sith power and he only managed to survive the encounter through sheer force of will. He fed upon the power of the dark side of the Force, and in so doing, avoided being utterly consumed by it."

Revan is a very powerful individual.

Additional information: "Soon after, Revan arrived at Malachor and entered the fray, but he was late and the Mandalorian fleets were far from defeated. In that moment, he drew upon the Sith energies haunting the surface below to manipulate the Jedi fighting in orbit. Taking advantage of the raw emotions spawned by combat, he overpowered them and drew them to the dark side."

Revan alone can use Dark Side energies to turn tides in huge battles, so he can do that in a one-on-one scenario as well.

He also demonstrated his Super Force Lightening Storm ability on Lehon planet and killed an entire Rakatan army backed by mighty "Rancor Beasts" in a single attack. (The One) - Leader of that army narrated this event to Revan when he again visited Lehon as a Jedi.

Revan can use this Super Force Lightening Storm ability again and kill Nihilus from a large distance, even before Nihilus will turn to face him.

Revan can win in this fight.

As master kriea said "Revan was POWER".

*sigh*...I'm getting tired of this Revan fan-boy stuff. Revan cannot "drain" the Force. He had no power like that whatsoever. He turned all those Jedi by using the Trayus Core. As Kreia says, it corrupts anything that walks on its surface. If Revan can use these "Dark Side enregies to turn the tides in huge battles," then why would everyone always talk about how special Bastila's Battle Meditation is?

And I'm also tired of this "Revan could kill Nihilus before he is able to use his Force drain." That's not a plausible explanation. No matter how "fast" Revan is, Nihilus would drain all the Force out of Revan and he's be dead in a matter of seconds.

Its cut content for a reason right? I mean its a finished cutscene so they didn't remove it because it would hve taken time, which implies they didn't like it and dropped it, prehaps this posed Nihilus overpowered in the cutscene?
Just because it's finished doesn't mean that they had already included it in the game. And if Sion tried to face Nihilus one-on-one, then that is exactly what would happen. Sion, like Revan, would never even have a chance.

Yes he may be killed OVER TIME but Revan would undoubtably have time to attack Nihilus befor his over-time effect killed him. Therefor Revan would win though be slightly/majorly injured, OR the power would kill Revan, but Revan would have had time enough to kill Nihilus befor he died.

Clearly this cannot be resolved without a developer stepping in and telling us what the answer would be, which they clearly won't so this discussion is over.

There's that same argument again. "Revan could kill him before he had a chance to drain his Force." Once again, it doesn't matter how fast anyone is. Nihilus would drain anyone that got near him before they even had a chance, with the exception of the Exile of course.

And the whole thing with the developer stepping in, true we probly won't know until that happens, but hey- I'm always up for a little healthy debate (especially one where I know I'm right).

For everyone's future reference, there is evidence that Nihilus can kill people with his all-powerful drain before they react. Unseen, Unheard confirms that he went to the surface of Katarr to consume the Jedi there, and despite going against a whole conclave of Masters (obviously more than a match for Revan), he was clearly able to kill them.

No credence to Nihilus' power being slow, there. :)

What points have people brought up that Nihilus' power doesn't work the way it is defined as in the game? Show me these points. Just look at the half dead Sith on the Ravager bridge. Listen to the weird ferrel, zombie like noise those Sith assassins make when you kill them.

The point is that it isn't defined in the game. It isn't shown that it is an undefensible power. It isn't clearly shown to be a greatly effective close quarters combat move (although there is evidence that it probably is).

I don't know why you'd even bring up the zombie sith people. That's an example of the slow draining that happens to people around him, you know the slow, not lethal for a very long time, passive effect that Nihilus has, the one that wouldn't matter in the slightest in a one on one fight.

There is no defence against this technique. Even if there was, you wouldn't have a chance to defend your self, because Nihilus doesn't have to do anything to kill you. He can just stand there.

1. The no defense thing is exactly what people are questioning, and it isn't explicitly clear.

2. Just standing there does the slow effect... he doesn't insta kill everyone around him always. And if he did anything less than suddenly do the big power, then Revan would unquestionably win.

So when you voted Revan, you were:

Yes, that's exactly what I was admitting. I initially voted Revan because I hate Nihilus, and also hadn't read the thread or thought of Nihilus' Force Suck power.

Emperor Devon brings up good evidence that Nihilus' power is effective in sudden combat. That's the kind of the stuff that helps answer the relevant questions about Nihilus' power, rather than complaints that Revan sucks and claims that Nihilus is a god.

And that is why Nihlius can win. The more powerful Revan is...the more powerful Nihlius becomes, and the more tasty Revan is. Nihlius wins, because of the NihliusDrain, that is uncounterable, expect via The Exile.

If Nihlius did not have this Drain, then he can be easily defeated. But then, you take away the only thing that make Nihlius cool.

You actually do not understand the how Revan's Force Storm works. Revan does not needs to get close to Nihilus in-order to use his Force Storm on him. He can eliminate Nihilus with this power from many yards back.

It is not like Sion vs Nihilus scenario.

*sigh*...I'm getting tired of this Revan fan-boy stuff. Revan cannot "drain" the Force. He had no power like that whatsoever. He turned all those Jedi by using the Trayus Core. As Kreia says, it corrupts anything that walks on its surface. If Revan can use these "Dark Side enregies to turn the tides in huge battles," then why would everyone always talk about how special Bastila's Battle Meditation is?

You did not understand those lines properly. Revan feeds on Dark Side energies and powers. Malak also knew Force Drain and many other DS powers but his powers were un-effective on Revan because Revan consumed or absorbed any DS power related attack. He does not gets killed by DS powers including Force Drain.

And I'm also tired of this "Revan could kill Nihilus before he is able to use his Force drain." That's not a plausible explanation. No matter how "fast" Revan is, Nihilus would drain all the Force out of Revan and he's be dead in a matter of seconds.

It is possible because Revan knows some Force Powers that can eliminate his enemies from large distances. You have to keep this thing in mind. Revan does not even needs to get close to Nihilus to finish him off.

Just because it's finished doesn't mean that they had already included it in the game. And if Sion tried to face Nihilus one-on-one, then that is exactly what would happen. Sion, like Revan, would never even have a chance.

And you forgot to notice that Sion was a big idiot. He simply ignited his Light Saber and rushed towards Nihilus to strike him down, despite the knowledge that Nihilus could use his Force Drain on him and he did that.

Sion should have used some Force Moves on Nihilus to surprise him completely and then it would be a different story.

But Revan is not like Sion. He is much more smarter.

There's that same argument again. "Revan could kill him before he had a chance to drain his Force." Once again, it doesn't matter how fast anyone is. Nihilus would drain anyone that got near him before they even had a chance, with the exception of the Exile of course.

Like I said before that Revan can eliminate Nihilus from a large distance so he can win in this fight. I have already explained how.

It's finished, yes, but that's not the reason it was removed. Note that Sion says the jedi are all dead. Since Sion and Nihilus consider the Exile to be a jedi, this would mean the Exile is dead, which is precisely the impression that was to be given to both Sion and the Exile's companions at one point in the game. However, it was never implemented because Obsidian didn't have the time to finish writing all the stuff that set up the plot. And without that, you cannot have the cutscene. Just like you cannot have the G0T0 vs. HK-47 showdown on Malachor V without first having the HK-factory on Telos, which was also unfinished, and which therefore meant that that cutscene had to be cut too.

So yes, the reason for the cut was the rushed schedule rearing its ugly head once more. Not because the scene itself wasn't finished, but because the part of the game that would lead up to it wasn't.

It is possible because Revan knows some Force Powers that can eliminate his enemies from large distances. You have to keep this thing in mind. Revan does not even needs to get close to Nihilus to finish him off.

Give me citations, real citiations of Revan having these Force Powers that can target people from large distances? And that Revan has these Force Powers? And if those distances, are, say, larger than 5 footsteps away?

Otherwise, I'll believe what you are spouting is fanboy nonsense.

Nihlius is there to be killed only by the Exile. Revan may be more powerful than Exile is any case, but the Exile is there for a reason in K2. He, and Nihlius, is important to the plot.

You did not understand those lines properly. Revan feeds on Dark Side energies and powers. Malak also knew Force Drain and many other DS powers but his powers were un-effective on Revan because Revan consumed or absorbed any DS power related attack. He does not gets killed by DS powers including Force Drain.
Um...I don't think so. Show me somewhere in the game or another official reference where it says Revan can do these things.

Another thing that I would like to have some proof about.

Like I said before that Revan can eliminate Nihilus from a large distance so he can win in this fight. I have already explained how.
The same thing. Show me some proof.

1. The no defense thing is exactly what people are questioning, and it isn't explicitly clear.
Now I quote Kreia on this: "There are some techniques in the Force to which there is no defense." That's pretty explicitly clear IMO.

2. Just standing there does the slow effect... he doesn't insta kill everyone around him always. And if he did anything less than suddenly do the big power, then Revan would unquestionably win.

ED made a good point.
For everyone's future reference, there is evidence that Nihilus can kill people with his all-powerful drain before they react. Unseen, Unheard confirms that he went to the surface of Katarr to consume the Jedi there, and despite going against a whole conclave of Masters (obviously more than a match for Revan), he was clearly able to kill them.

No credence to Nihilus' power being slow, there. :)

I can't believe how far Revan is up in the poll. I'm embarrassed to say that I voted for him, but that was when I was letting biased, fan-boy judgment get in the way.

Give me citations, real citiations of Revan having these Force Powers that can target people from large distances? And that Revan has these Force Powers? And if those distances, are, say, larger than 5 footsteps away?

Otherwise, I'll believe what you are spouting is fanboy nonsense.

On Lehon planet, The One - (Leader of the Black Rakatan faction) tells you that Revan slaughtered many of his Rakatan warriors and Rancor Beasts by his deadly "Force Lightening Storm" in an instant attack.

The One also describes that how Revan's Force Storm hit his warriors and beasts. He says that "it came from the sky and killed many of my warriors and beasts instantly".

Revan's Force Lightening Storm is a power of gigantic proportions, which can kill large number of individuals in a single hit and it hits the targets from above and it can spread to large distances.

Originally posted by The Planet

Nihlius is there to be killed only by the Exile. Revan may be more powerful than Exile is any case, but the Exile is there for a reason in K2. He, and Nihlius, is important to the plot.

I can understand this logic but Exile does not knows the move that I have mentioned above.

On Lehon planet, The One - (Leader of the Black Rakatan faction) tells you that Revan slaughtered many of his Rakatan warriors and Rancor Beasts by his deadly "Force Lightening Storm" in an instant attack.

THAT?

Bah. That's just regural Force Lighting. We're talking about the Raktan race who hasn't even seen the Force until just recently. The Black Raktan is exagrating the effects, being scared and shocked. (If someone waved their hands and brought lighting to the ground...I would be very scared and shocked too)

Any DSer can do a Force Storm as the Raktans describe it. The Exile, Revan. You have to be close to your enemy though. It could kill off the Raktans who are weak against the Force, but Nihlius may only suffer some damage from it. And Nihlius would drain Revan at that distance, so it is moot.

Um...I don't think so. Show me somewhere in the game or another official reference where it says Revan can do these things.
Why not check this link: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mandalorian_Wars

Note: Read the portion called "The War Ends".

And all the details in this article were taken and compiled from at-least 4 canon sources.

Another thing that I would like to have some proof about.

The One also describes that how Revan's Force Storm hit his warriors and beasts. He says that "it came from the sky and killed many of my warriors and beasts instantly".

Revan's Force Lightening Storm is a power of gigantic proportions, which can kill large number of individuals in a single hit and it hits the targets from above and it can spread to large distances.

The same thing. Show me some proof.

Posted above.

Now I quote Kreia on this: "There are some techniques in the Force to which there is no defense." That's pretty explicitly clear IMO.

A possibility but she was not always right.

I would love to see how this discussion would be goin if the situation was reversed. Say that, still having been your character in K1, Revan had Nihilus' power of bein able to drain the Force and Nihilus was just like Revan. The Revan fan-boys would be goin on about how powerful Revan's drain is. This whole thing about how Revan could use his "ultra powerful" Super Force Lighting (or however he said it) and kill Nihilus before he had a chance to drain him is just personal, biased feelings about Revan.

The Rakatans know nothing of the Force, and if they saw somebody shooting lighting out of their fingertips at them, then they would be awe-stricken. They would have no idea what had happened and would think that Revan is a god.

The truth is, although he is my favorite SW character, Revan is overhyped and the majority of the blame goes to Revan fan-boys who think that he is some uber-powerful god. Revan has no incredibl Force ability like that: his best attributes are his great saber skills (which still are far from the best ever) and his ability to best his enemy in large battles.

Why not check this link: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mandalorian_Wars

Note: Read the portion called "The War Ends".

And all the details in this article were taken and compiled from at-least 4 canon sources.

I know all that. And as I've stated before, he used the power of the Trayus Core to turn those Jedi. Revan had no special ability like that.

A possibility but she was not always right.
Hardly a reason for me to alter my thinking.

Archived