Home

Revan VS. Nihilus... who would win

Anakin Skywalker

Who would win in a fight?  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win in a fight?

• Revan
    • Nihilus

About the Sith'ari thing, and how powerful Revan is? Yes. About who would win in a fight between Revan and Nihilus? No. I don't see how Revan could beat Nihilus.

Revan is a militray tactican. It is unknown how good a general he is, but he is responsible for winning Malachor V, so he might be somewhat good, using deception to win.

Therefore, the only way I could see Revan winning against Nihlius is by finding the Exile and using her to defeat Nihlius, and then taking credit for the victory. In other words, by "cheating".

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So if you know that Anakin is the Sith'ari, then why are you speculating that Revan could be the Sith'ari? This doesn't make any sense, unless their can be more than two Sith'ari's.

Indeed that makes sense. When I said "I know Anakin is the Sith'ari, but is Revan? It seems to me he fits in with the definition quite well", I was merely suggesting that other than Anakin, Revan (and Bane) fit in with the definition as well, and both could be the Sith'ari. Fitting in the definition doesn't mean one IS the Sith'ari, thus I wasn't implying there are 2 sith'ari.

I know I used the wrong word, but you should know NO ONE actually knows who's the sith'ari. You could have done better than taking the literal meaning of what I typed and make a deal out of it. The focus of what I typed wasn't even that- it was the possibility of Revan being the Sith'ari, since you questioned it at first.

Why are people arguing over how powerful Revan was or Yoda was or Sithari or whatever?

That's all irrelevant to the actual debate.

I don't think anyone is denying that Revan would beat Nihilus in a traditional fight. Revan is, after all, a master swordsman, and Nihilus did in fact suck.

The only question is, could Nihilus use his drain power to kill Revan? And the answer is a most probable yes.

Revan is a militray tactican. It is unknown how good a general he is, but he is responsible for winning Malachor V, so he might be somewhat good, using deception to win.

Therefore, the only way I could see Revan winning against Nihlius is by finding the Exile and using her to defeat Nihlius, and then taking credit for the victory. In other words, by "cheating".

Touche.

Indeed that makes sense. When I said "I know Anakin is the Sith'ari, but is Revan? It seems to me he fits in with the definition quite well", I was merely suggesting that other than Anakin, Revan (and Bane) fit in with the definition as well, and both could be the Sith'ari. Fitting in the definition doesn't mean one IS the Sith'ari, thus I wasn't implying there are 2 sith'ari.

I know I used the wrong word, but you should know NO ONE actually knows who's the sith'ari. You could have done better than taking the literal meaning of what I typed and make a deal out of it. The focus of what I typed wasn't even that- it was the possibility of Revan being the Sith'ari, since you questioned it at first.

Who said I was making a deal out of it? Besides, you've realised that you used the wrong wording, so it's fine. Of course I know that no one knows who the Sith'ari is.

That's why I pointed out what you said, because you said that you know that Anakin is the Sith'ari, which is wrong. Then when you speculated that Revan and Bane was the Sith'ari, I was confused, because you had just said that you know that Anakin is the Sith'ari.

I wanted to make you aware that you had made a mistake, not to make you look stupid, but just to let you know, in case you weren't aware of it, as I assume that would be a good thing, right?

I don't think anyone is denying that Revan would beat Nihilus in a traditional fight. Revan is, after all, a master swordsman, and Nihilus did in fact suck.

The only question is, could Nihilus use his drain power to kill Revan? And the answer is a most probable yes.

No, Nihilus didn't in fact suck. That is just your opinion. Whether Nihilus sucked or not depends entirely upon your own point of view.

The only question is, why wouldn't Nihilus drain power work on Revan, since after all, Revan is just like those Jedi who died on Katarr? The only difference is, he/she is presumably more powerful than all those Jedi on Katarr, but that just makes things worse for Revan, since their is more power for Nihilus to feed upon, which is what he is, the 'Lord of Hunger'.

No, Nihilus didn't in fact suck.

I meant in combat, I was not judging him as a person or character. That would be an objective assessment on my part. The fact that he was not a difficult fight, however, is not related to my point of view at all.

I'll word it nicer for you.

"He was remarkably unimpressive in combat."

There, happy?

PS, I know that will lead to an argument over how much trying to drain the Exile weakened Nihilus, and I'll argue about that, but regardless, I still believe that given a best case scenario for Nihilus, Revan would still most likely win (still disregarding Nihilus' drain, of course).

There, happy?

Yeah, we happy :)

Because I think even The Architect will agree that Nihilus was unimpressive in direct combat. As much as I like Nihilus, it was really anti-climactic how quickly he went down. Still, that's gameplay and not canon, where he appears to have been powerful indeed. It's just too bad they didn't scale him to be a more formidable foe.

PS, I know that will lead to an argument over how much trying to drain the Exile weakened Nihilus, and I'll argue about that, but regardless, I still believe that given a best case scenario for Nihilus, Revan would still most likely win (still disregarding Nihilus' drain, of course).

But how can you disregard Nihilus' drain? If we compare game-Nihilus with super-ultra-powerful-uber-game-Revan, then Revan might win, but that's stacking the deck against Nihilus - his drain ability is his most prominent feature - that would be like taking away Revan's powerful ties to the Force and saying, "without that he cannot win". Well, duh... But then in that case it's not Revan, because that connection is part of who Revan is. In the same manner, his draining ability is a central part of Nihilus and more so than Revan's powers are to him, since Nihilus is basically a void without will or intellect. Nihilus IS his hunger. You cannot separate the two. And Nihilus would use his draining ability, because that's what he does.

I meant in combat, I was not judging him as a person or character. That would be an objective assessment on my part. The fact that he was not a difficult fight, however, is not related to my point of view at all.

There, happy?

Yep. Me happy. But hey, how was I supposed to know what exactly you meant? I am not The Profit god damn it!

But yes, Nihilus was piss easy to defeat in combat. Despite the fact that there was a valid reason why Nihilus was supposed to be an easy beat, they made him too easy and it was disappointing, because I want the villains to be tough damn it! I hope that 'the big guns' of K3 are going to be hard, I mean, very hard, to beat, otherwise I will fall to the DS. :laughing::evil5:

You have to understand the difference between gameplay and the plot. At the end of the day, feats, force powers, stats, skills and all that crap has nothing to do with the outcome of a fight. Luke defeating Vader in RotJ is a good example of this. It's the author/s that decide who wins.

And just why the hell would you disregard Nihilus' drain, since that is apart of who he is?

how was I supposed to know what exactly you meant? I am not The Profit god damn it!

In fact you should have known. This is what he typed:

"I don't think anyone is denying that Revan would beat Nihilus in a traditional fight. Revan is, after all, a master swordsman, and Nihilus did in fact suck."

The context of it tells you something about what he meant by "suck". The first time I read it I took the meaning that he intended. I think The Architect focuses too much on part of a whole sentence and occasionally forgets to look at the rest. Well, no bad intention here. Just thought I'd let you know in case you don't. :)

And just why the hell would you disregard Nihilus' drain, since that is apart of who he is?

But I do agree with this. It's part of him and should not be omitted just to let Revan win, so much as we can't strip Revan from the Force and see how well he could actually fight.

In fact you should have known. This is what he typed:

"I don't think anyone is denying that Revan would beat Nihilus in a traditional fight. Revan is, after all, a master swordsman, and Nihilus did in fact suck."

The context of it tells you something about what he meant by "suck". The first time I read it I took the meaning that he intended. I think The Architect focuses too much on part of a whole sentence and occasionally forgets to look at the rest. Well, no bad intention here. Just thought I'd let you know in case you don't. :)

You're beginning to sound like MacCorp. Taking things out of context am I? Yes, I incorrectly assumed what JawaJoey was talking about, however, that is partly due to the fact that I know he doesn't like Nihilus' character, therefore their was the possibility of him meaning that Nihilus sucked as a character, not in terms of gameplay.

So, care to explain why I should have known what he meant? If anything, him mentioning that Revan is a master duellist is not a gameplay thing, that is to do with the plot, since in K1, in the gameplay, we never see any evidence of Revan's master duelling skills. Well, at least I never saw any.

So when he said Nihilus sucked and just mentioned Revan's master duelling skills, I didn't know he was talking about the gameplay, I thought he was talking about Nihilus' abilities plot wise and/or the fact that he doesn't like Nihilus when he said he sucked.

Now, since I didn't think he was talking about the gameplay (the thought didn't occur to me at the time), since he mentioned about Revan's duelling skills, plot wise, and since I know he doesn't like Nihilus when he said he sucked, wasn't it reasonable for me to assume what I assumed?

Why should I have known what JawaJoey was talking about, when he never explicity said what he meant when he said Nihilus sucked?

Yes, I incorrectly assumed what JawaJoey was talking about, however, that is partly due to the fact that I know he doesn't like Nihilus' character, therefore their was the possibility of him meaning that Nihilus sucked as a character, not in terms of gameplay.

Makes sense. He might indeed think Nihilus sucks even in terms of character. But I would not assume someone to be biased just because I know he dislikes the character.

So, care to explain why I should have known what he meant? If anything, him mentioning that Revan is a master duellist is not a gameplay thing, that is to do with the plot, since in K1, in the gameplay, we never see any evidence of Revan's master duelling skills. Well, at least I never saw any.

I see what you're getting at. But whether it's in the gameplay is irrelevant. What's relevant is is he referring to the fighting skills of the characters. First, he said "I don't think anyone is denying that Revan would beat Nihilus in a traditional fight." No matter whether you agree with it or not, it's obvious he's referring to the fighting skills of the characters, by "traditional fight".

Then he went on to say, "Revan is, after all, a master swordsman, and Nihilus did in fact suck." This actually aimed to support the previous statement that Revan would win in a tradtional fight. Whether "master swordsman" is real or agreeable or not, again it's distinctively referring to fighting skills, sheer fighting skills. This in addition to the first statement, makes it logical and natural to infer that "suck" refers to the fighting skills of Nihilus as well, not his draining abilities or his character, because otherwise he wouldn't have come to the conclusion of "Revan winning in a traditional combat".

Now, since I didn't think he was talking about the gameplay (the thought didn't occur to me at the time), since he mentioned about Revan's duelling skills, plot wise, and since I know he doesn't like Nihilus when he said he sucked, wasn't it reasonable for me to assume what I assumed?

Your flow of thought is too complicated. It isn't the gameplay or plot or other that matters. It's essential just to be able to see that he's referring to sheer fighting skills of the character, as I explained in the the prior paragraph.

You're beginning to sound like MacCorp. Taking things out of context am I?

Why am I sounding like MacCorp? What's he like?

No, it is relevant, because in terms of gameplay, Nihilus did indeed suck, however in terms of plot, Nihilus could beat anyone, except the Exile, so because I thought he was talking about the plot, when he said Nihilus sucked, I did not agree with that. I already told you why when he said 'Revan was a master swordsman' why I didn't think he was talking about the gameplay.

Then I stopped and thought, wait a minute, he mustn't be talking about the plot, because no one could say Nihilus sucked in terms of power from a plot perspective, so he must be talking about the character. Gameplay never occured to me.

Another point you're missing is that I didn't think he was talking about the gameplay, because it is a simply irrelevant point and I thought JawaJoey understood that.

Nihilus didn't 'in fact' suck, because their is no evidence to suggest that he sucked in combat without his draining ability. Gameplay has nothing to do with how good he was in combat (without his draining ability).

Anyway, lets drop this please. I still don't see why I should have known JawaJoey was talking about the gameplay, but so what? There's nothing more to see here. Move along. Move along.

Oh and about MacCorp, that's a long story. I said you're beginning to sound like him, because you, like him, accussed me of taking things out of context and focusing on one part of a sentence and forgetting the other part.

Nihilus didn't 'in fact' suck, because their is no evidence to suggest that he sucked in combat without his draining ability. Gameplay has nothing to do with how good he was in combat (without his draining ability).

There's no evidence that suggests the contrary either. You keep saying Nihilus should be much harder to beat according to the plot. But the plot is, as far as I see, merely suggesting that Nihilus has a devastating draining power. His fighting skills? We do not know. Him being strong in the force? Maybe, as he could keep the scrapped Ravanger together through the Force. But still, I don't see the plot saying he's a good fighter other than the god-like draining power.

As you and jediphile argued earlier against Revan, the gameplay is all we can take reference from when no other authoritative source suggests otherwise. But now for Nihilus you say gameplay has nothing to do with his ability, notwithstanding absence of proof that says otherwise. You certainly don't think you're a little bit biased here?

No, it is relevant, because in terms of gameplay, Nihilus did indeed suck, however in terms of plot, Nihilus could beat anyone, except the Exile, so because I thought he was talking about the plot, when he said Nihilus sucked, I did not agree with that. I already told you why when he said 'Revan was a master swordsman' why I didn't think he was talking about the gameplay.

Ah, but if all come into play, why then, did you get it all after Jawajoey said "I meant he sucked in combat"? He didn't even specific whether he meant "plot combat" or "gameplay combat".

Look, you're still having this blind spot here. Yes, in terms of plot, Nihilus could beat anyone except the Exile, but only because of his draining ability. You agree with that? If yes, then see, Jawajoey made a Presumption of Nihilus and Revan having a traditional fight when only sheer fighting skills count. It was in his opinion that without the draining ability Nihilus would not win because he's not as good a fighter as Revan. So indeed, even in terms of plot, Nihilus could "suck", because Jawajoey made a presumption of having a "traditional fight".

Why then, did you not get it? Because, as indicated by my quote of yours,

You presumed Nihilus could beat anyone even without the draining ability. But as explained in my earlier paragraph, this presumption is, indeed, questionable.

Another point you're missing is that I didn't think he was talking about the gameplay, because it is a simply irrelevant point and I thought JawaJoey understood that.

It being irrelevant doesn't make you overlook what Jawajoey was trying to say. His point was irrelevant, but he still meant what he meant.

We should have moved along. But as now we're having a turn of discussion concerning Nihilus's sheer combat skill, plot-wise, which is relevant to the topic, we may as well continue.

There's no evidence that suggests the contrary either. You keep saying Nihilus should be much harder to beat according to the plot. But the plot is, as far as I see, merely suggesting that Nihilus has a devastating draining power. His fighting skills? We do not know. Him being strong in the force? Maybe, as he could keep the scrapped Ravanger together through the Force. But still, I don't see the plot saying he's a good fighter other than the god-like draining power.

I don't see the plot not saying he's a good fighter either. Whether he was or not is debatable, since their was no definitive answer given in the game. The reason why I think that Nihilus should have been harder to beat is because it was anti-climatic how Nihilus went down so easily, not because I've said he was a good fighter, because the truth is, I don't know if he was or wasn't. I'm not going by how hard he was in the gameplay. Why should I?

As you and jediphile argued earlier against Revan, the gameplay is all we can take reference from when no other authoritative source suggests otherwise. But now for Nihilus you say gameplay has nothing to do with his ability, notwithstanding absence of proof that says otherwise. You certainly don't think you're a little bit biased here?

Not at all. I challenge you to quote me for ever saying that the gameplay is all we can take reference from when no other authoritative source suggests otherwise. I did not say that.

Ah, but if all come into play, why then, did you get it all after Jawajoey said "I meant he sucked in combat"? He didn't even specific whether he meant "plot combat" or "gameplay combat".

What else could he have meant, since their wasn't any proof in K2 that Nihilus' did/didn't suck in "plot combat'? I assumed he understood this, so figured he was talking about the gameplay, not the plot, since in "gameplay combat", he did suck.

Look, you're still having this blind spot here. Yes, in terms of plot, Nihilus could beat anyone except the Exile, but only because of his draining ability. You agree with that? If yes, then see, Jawajoey made a Presumption of Nihilus and Revan having a traditional fight when only sheer fighting skills count. It was in his opinion that without the draining ability Nihilus would not win because he's not as good a fighter as Revan. So indeed, even in terms of plot, Nihilus could "suck", because Jawajoey made a presumption of having a "traditional fight".

What does this have to do with anything?

Why then, did you not get it? Because, as indicated by my quote of yours,

You presumed Nihilus could beat anyone even without the draining ability. But as explained in my earlier paragraph, this presumption is, indeed, questionable.

I DID NOT presume that Nihilus could beat anyone even without the draining ability. I challenge you to prove that as well.

It being irrelevant doesn't make you overlook what Jawajoey was trying to say. His point was irrelevant, but he still meant what he meant.

We should have moved along. But as now we're having a turn of discussion concerning Nihilus's sheer combat skill, plot-wise, which is relevant to the topic, we may as well continue.

No we shouldn't really continue, because we simply don't know if Nihilus was/wasn't good at saber combat 'plot wise' since their isn't any proof to suggest if he was/wasn't. We don't even know if Revan would/wouldn't win against Nihilus without his draining ability.

Ok, I ain't gonna do all the quoting again. And this is getting unnecessarily messy. In short, it's plain simple: Jawajoey, throughout his little paragraph, has been referring to "fighting". As a matter of fact, it's implied that he was also referring to fighting, i.e. combat, when he said Nihilus "sucks". If you don't get it, then fine by me.

And for that quote you said you didn't say, my wrong, maybe it's Jediphile. Sorry about that. But this you did say: "in terms of gameplay, Nihilus did indeed suck, however in terms of plot, Nihilus could beat anyone, except the Exile." Now that you've clarified, I take that you meant in terms of plot, Nihilus could beat anyone with his draining ability. I mistook your meaning as him beating anyone in combat then, because in the first sentence you were talking about combat in gameplay. With all due respect, you may consider expressing with more clarity next time then.

But I just wanna point out that, the fact that Nihilus's fighting is anti-climatic doesn't make the gameplay not consistent with plot, as you seem to imply in your previous arguments here (however you deny it) and in this thread. Maybe he's meant to be weak in combat. Since no other sources suggest otherwise, we might just as well refer to the gameplay as "canon", that his fighting sucks.

I don't know MacCorp, but if someone shared the same opinion that I gave, I don't know, maybe it's true in some context. But, Architect, I meant no hostility. I just pointed out something I found questionable. I hope we're friends, genuinely. So, :).

Ok' date=' I ain't gonna do all the quoting again. And this is getting unnecessarily messy. In short, it's plain simple: Jawajoey, throughout his little paragraph, has been referring to "fighting". As a matter of fact, it's implied that he was also referring to fighting, i.e. combat, when he said Nihilus "sucks". If you don't get it, then fine by me.[/quote']

I admit I should have known he was talking about combat and not Nihilus' character. But, should I have known that he was talking about gameplay combat, not plot combat? No. I've already explained why.

And for that quote you said you didn't say' date=' my wrong, maybe it's Jediphile. Sorry about that. But this you did say: "in terms of gameplay, Nihilus did indeed suck, however in terms of plot, Nihilus could beat anyone, except the Exile." Now that you've clarified, I take that you meant in terms of plot, Nihilus could beat anyone with his draining ability. I mistook your meaning as him beating anyone in combat then, because in the first sentence you were talking about combat in gameplay. With all due respect, you may consider expressing with more clarity next time then.[/quote']

Why would I need to clarify that? Why would I dismiss Nihilus' draining ability? You can't do that. It's simple. In terms of gameplay, Nihilus did suck, he was weak. In terms of plot though, he could beat anyone except for the Exile. It's the truth, because whether he was good at saber combat or not is irrelevant, because of his draining ability.

But I just wanna point out that' date=' the fact that Nihilus's fighting is anti-climatic doesn't make the gameplay not consistent with plot, as you seem to imply in your previous arguments here (however you deny it) and in this thread. Maybe he's meant to be weak in combat. Since no other sources suggest otherwise, we might just as well refer to the gameplay as "canon", that his fighting sucks.

I don't agree with that, because no one from a plot perspective has said that Nihilus' sucked in saber combat either. You can make an assumption based on the gameplay if you want, but it doesn't change the fact that we don't know if his fighting skills did/didn't suck.

I could very well argue that the Exile's super gameplay build and the level 50 cap were the reasons why Nihilus appeared to suck in combat. I wouldn't take stats, skills, force powers, feats and all that crap with a grain of salt. Hey, maybe the Exile was an awesome duelist, better than Revan perhaps. We just don't know, or do we? I do not claim to be an expert on this type of stuff.

I don't know MacCorp' date=' but if someone shared the same opinion that I gave, I don't know, maybe it's true in some context. But, Architect, I meant no hostility. I just pointed out something I found questionable. I hope we're friends, genuinely. So, :).[/quote']

Friends? I wouldn't say that, because you don't know me, and I don't know you. That's not to say I don't like you or anything, but friends is not the term I'd use.

Forum buddy? Yeah, sure. Why not? I have nothing against you. You're all that and a bag of potato chips IMO (I assume you've seen Austin Powers)? No offence taken to what you've said at all. You're fine by me.

About MacCorp? Well, check out this topic and see for yourself so you can make a decision on that matter if you want:

http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=168988

All that and a bag of potato chips?... I'm told it means "someone who think they're the greatest".

It's more to the tune of "and much more" or "and even more".. not necessarily an insult in this context :)

Just for clarification the term has many meanings so it's a little rough to interpret the intention on a forum without being able to emphasize/augment how it's stated or pronounced...

Just like the word "Dude" can have many thousands of interpretations "Dude!" "Dude?" "Duuuuuude" :xp:

All that and a bag of potato chips?... I'm told it means "someone who think they're the greatest".

And I know we don't really know each other. Maybe I shouldn't have said anything then.

...Now I start to wonder why am I even here in this forum.

No no. I meant it as a good thing, as a compliment. And no, I'm not going to say that you should have known what I meant. I don't see why you'd say that maybe you shouldn't have said anything because you don't know me, because you can say what you like on this forum, as long as you're not spamming, necroposting or being a troll.

I don't dictate what you can/can't say on this forum. No one does. Even though their are rules (and good ones at that too, that should be followed) it still doesn't stop you from posting what you want.

You're not even sure why you are here on this forum? Surely you must know why. Because you like most the posters at LF and you like the KotOR games, right? That has to be it. I hope you stay at this forum.

I think I just came up with another way Revan could "cheat" his way to defeat Nihlius. Prehaps, it might be considered a pretty legit method.

Run.

Revan, being a smart being, would know that Nihlius has his Force Drain ability, and knows that Nihlius would beat him in a fair fight. So, Revan withdraws to what is really his strength: being a stragisit. Sure, we don't know how good a general he is, but he won the Battle of Malachor V, so whatever his methods, it works.

Revan has a great mentor named Kreia who taught him all he knew, and then some. Revan would have realized that Nihlius is consumed by his hunger, that he will do whatever it takes to sastify his hunger, and the more powerful he is, the stronger his hunger becomes, until all life in the galaxy is destroyed.

So, I assume Revan would just run. He would do whatever it takes to misdirect Nihlius, send him to destroy worlds that have no Force Senstivies at all, that have no Jedi at all. Nihlius would waste time, and energy defeating these worlds, searching for Revan. Revan would send in strike teams, knowing that they would die, but it will act as a distraction to Nihilus, and distractions are key. The more time Revan can bide, the more time his hunger can work against Nihlius. If Revan gets lucky, Nihlius will finally starve to death. And Revan wins.

Kreia said about Nihlius that he is already dead, that the only thing that matters is how many worlds he eats before he falls. Kreia believed that if he isn't stopped now, he may become impossible to stop in the future, and all that one can do is avoid Nhilus and run, waiting for Nihlius to die of hunger, like Revan possibly would have done.

[Kreia actually hoped the Exile wouldn't have to fight him, worried that the Exile will lose, and hopes that the Exile would be prepared to kill off Visas to weaken him... (How ironic that Kreia feels this fear...since the Exile is a wound in the Force, meaning that he's the only one that can kill off Nihlius. Of course, knowing Kreia, I'll assume that "mistake" is just another Kreia Lie).]

• 3 weeks later...

Let me play devil's advocate here. WHERE IS NIHLIUS WHEN REVAN STARTS THIS CRUSADE? That's right, Nihlius is LEARNING under Kreia. Who would have won? I really don't know. And nobody knows until they face one another. The only point I wish to make is that REVAN, one of the greatest JEDI and SITH LORDS of all time, would (or at least could) have found a way to beat Nihlius. There could be some technique that Revan finds that allows him to supress his force sensitivity, or whatever, then all Revan has to do is rely on his lightsaber skills. I believe him to be a better saberist than Nihlius, since Nihlius's strength is feeding off of force sensitives.To help further this arguement or debate in view of REVAN winning the bout, remember Episode II when Yoda met Dooku in the cave on Genosis. We all agree that you can't get much stronger then Yoda as far as being able to apply all that has been learned to the Force, however, Yoda makes the comment that Dooku has become VERY strong; and as a result they have to result to the battle of lightsabers and, in the end, Dooku's skills do not match Yoda's hence his fleeing of the cave by distracting Yoda with placing Anakin and Obi Wan in danger so that Dooku could escape. The same would apply to Revan and Nihlius, Revan would devise some way to "negate" Nihlius's Force Drain and the duel would resort to lightsabers with Revan emerging victorious. But let me also say, it wouldn't surprise me if Revan lost. He could be overconfident and thereby underestimate his opponent. Nothing is for certain.

Jedi Kaybee, you are basing your argument on assumptions, and that just isn’t good enough. You say that Revan would find some way to negate Nihilus’ force drain, when you can’t be certain of that. That just sounds like fanboy crap to me.

At this point in canon, no such mysterious force power that would prevent Nihilus’ draining power from working on a regular force user like Revan exists. Why? Has it ever occurred to you that maybe such a power does not exist?

No character in Star Wars history has this mysterious anti-Nihilus power you speak of, so until it is proven otherwise, you have to assume that it doesn’t exist. The likes of Kreia, Atris, Vandar, Kavar and Vash knew of no such anti-Nihilus power, so why would Revan be any different? What, because it’s the all mighty, all knowing, invincible Revan?

If you’re going to base your argument on a biast supposition, then I’m entitled to assume that Nihilus could have some mysterious force power that would prevent this anti-Nihilus power from working, aren’t I?

Jedi Kaybee, you are basing your argument on assumptions, and that just isn’t good enough. You say that Revan would find some way to negate Nihilus’ force drain, when you can’t be certain of that. That just sounds like fanboy crap to me.

At this point in canon, no such mysterious force power that would prevent Nihilus’ draining power from working on a regular force user like Revan exists. Why? Has it ever occurred to you that maybe such a power does not exist?

No character in Star Wars history has this mysterious anti-Nihilus power you speak of, so until it is proven otherwise, you have to assume that it doesn’t exist. The likes of Kreia, Atris, Vandar, Kavar and Vash knew of no such anti-Nihilus power, so why would Revan be any different? What, because it’s the all mighty, all knowing, invincible Revan?

If you’re going to base your argument on a biast supposition, then I’m entitled to assume that Nihilus could have some mysterious force power that would prevent this anti-Nihilus power from working, aren’t I?

Well I'm gonna have to battle in his defense.... there are Force Techniques that are... Unknown.... and perhaps Revan learned them, when going to the Unknown Regions... we have no Idea what's out there...... there could be a Force Sensitive Race, that could have held the key to killing Nihilus, had the Exile not been a wound in the Force, and Nihilus not effecting him/her.

So in truth... Revan could have known of them yes... and perhaps Kreia did to, but was testing the Exile of Power....

Well I'm gonna have to battle in his defense....

Is that so? We have formed a rivalry then, have we? A friendly rivalry of course.

there are Force Techniques that are... Unknown.... and perhaps Revan learned them, when going to the Unknown Regions... we have no Idea what's out there...... there could be a Force Sensitive Race, that could have held the key to killing Nihilus, had the Exile not been a wound in the Force, and Nihilus not effecting him/her.

So in truth... Revan could have known of them yes... and perhaps Kreia did to, but was testing the Exile of Power....

I’m not saying that such a power couldn’t exist, but currently, in Star Wars canon, there is no proof that such a power exists, so until it is proven otherwise, it is not wrong for me, or anyone else to assume that such a power doesn’t exist.

You also have to remember that I, just like anyone else, can assume that Nihilus knew of some mysterious force power that prevents the anti-Nihilus power from working. In other words, if one can assume that an anti-Nihilus power exists, then another can assume that an anti-anti Nihilus force power exists too. :lol:

That is why arguments like this should be based only on what we know of from the games and other canon sources.

Archived