Home

Revan VS. Nihilus... who would win

Anakin Skywalker

Who would win in a fight?  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win in a fight?

• Revan
    • Nihilus

Very well, I will give you that.... but of course I will defend him.... me being a Jedi and all.... so, if you want to consider it a friendly rivalry then very well.

But I would like you to consider this, there are techniques out side the Force, that can be used to defeat Nihilus.... one is to strip yourself of the Force... like the Jedi Exile did. :p

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, Jedi Kaybee, come to join the fight over here too, eh? :lol:

Like The Architect said, you are basing your arguments on suppositions, and that doesn't really have and credibility. Yes, Revan may have learned such a power (even though I highly doubt it), but there is no proof that he did, and if we intend on arguing over a fight that has never, and probably will never happen, then we have to go by canon.

I would have to say Revan will kick Nihilus tail, due to the fact that Revan is like the Chosen One of that time

Anakin was the Chosen One of his time, but he didn't beat Obi-Wan did he? No. You are completely forgetting the whole "Nihilus can eat life" thing. Just by the fact that Revan is a powerful Force user means that he would be a very tasty meal for Nihilus.

Revan damages Nihilus. Nihilus sucks Revan dry, but it ends up consuming himself in the process.

And just how do you think that would work? Why would Nihilus consume himself simply because he drained Revan?

Actually, he doesn't really need Force sensitives. He consumes the Force, and since the Force flows through all life and no life can live without it, it would only seem logical that he could eat anyone. At least, that's what I think.

But he would no longer be powerful. Consuming Telos would only sustain him for a time, but it would not be as fuffilling as eating Kattar. Without any more Force Senstives, then there would be little Force left for Nihlius to eat. He would grow progressively weaker, and then die off...consumed by his own hunger.

As Kreia said, he's already dead, and the only question is how many can he kills before he scummbs. Of course, if Revan is the last Force-Senstive, and gets killed off, then Nihlius would have really won, in the same war Malak really won the Jedi Civil War, no? His goal was complete, that of the destruction of the Jedi Order...

Of course, this is why the Exile is essential, since he could stop Nihlius before he could grow too powerful and destroy the whole galaxy. The Exile is the only one that could really defeat Nihlius.

• 3 weeks later...
Revan would win for sure.

Revan would own Nihilius were he stands... if the Exile was able to kill him, no doubt the far superior Revan could.

Oh please, don't make me get drawn back into this discussion again. This has been talked about over and over. The fact is, no one knows who would win for sure until it happens, however unlikely. The only things we have to go on is the facts of what we already know, which highly lean in Nihilus' favor.

Edit: Oh my.....

Do you not understand the whole "The Exile is a wound in the Force"? The only reason Nihilus was unable to drain the Exile is because there was nothing there to drain. The Exile was a hole. Nihilus feeds off the Force. That's how he stays alive, by sucking the life out of Force sensitives.

Now Revan on the other hand, is a very powerful Jedi/Sith. All the more appetizing for Nihilus. He would use his drain power and eat Revan right up like a plate of spaghetti and meatballs.

And btw, why do you think that Revan is "far superior" to the Exile? Just curious.

Mod note: Cleaned up a bit. Any further "oneliner" posts in this thread will be deleted as spam. Please only post replies if you have anything meaningful to add to the discussion. (Meaningful as in motivating why you think something, not merely stating that you do.)

• 2 weeks later...

I suppose this is besides the point a little (I may get the ire from all sides or just be ignored, maybe deleted, but I hope this is meaningful), but has anyone here ever read the SW novel...I think called crystal dwarf? It's the one where Hethrir (one of Vader's students, the one with a silver lightsaber) gets consumed near the end by some creature from another universe named Waru.

(Look up "Hethrir" if you are serious about actually finding this.)

The universe Waru came from is the anti-force universe or something. Stated in wookiepedia and in the book. That implies possibly that the creature is made of anti-force.

So I wonder what would happen to Nihilus if he were to try to consume an anti-force creature? Vice versa? Nihilus is a wound in the force. I'm not sure if He's anti-force either.

And since this Waru had both healing and killing power, it is forseeable that waru could vanquish darkside or light.

(I wonder if a standoff it might invert nihilus in some way? Waru?)

Just for conversation sake I'd like to see where this goes... Though I'll bet the nihilus fan-boy hoards will now come out and try all the same stuff the revan fan-boys have been doing, anything including popularity to win.

It's pretty faint what I can remember, but I will use what I know, with a little opinion. Which still is little.

Given their consuming natures (Though Waru could produce a healing unlike anything else too, stated in book--not that nihilus can't force heal to be sure) they both needed something to "eat". Nihilus, just to eat. Waru, besides getting back home, hard to say.

This creature needed *A* force sensitive (ended up being hethrir), in order to have the power to get back home. Stated in book. *A* could possibly be anyone. Like nihilus... somehow reborn/revived.

Now these are characters from seperate time periods entirely. I'm asking the question of who'd win, were it ever possible for the two ever meeting (or someone like Waru in nihilus' time period, or vice versa)

Waru shows up in the post ROTJ. 16 years ofter ROTJ the novel said--again from my memory or lack thereof. Stated in book--go look for yourself to find out for sure.

This Waru was a creature portrayed in a somewhat evil way--though I saw it as an indifferent minded... ichor bleeding ........gellatinous...... pinapple scaled..... internal spikewheeled........ puddle ball in the air....... thing. It made an... honorable (if you could call it that)... pact with Hethrir. Mezmorize the galaxy and offer to heal most who come through. Hethrir would find a force sensitive in return to feed ...him..it...whatever... Stated in book.

Hethrir succeeded in kidnapping the solo children. Hethrir tried to feed off Anakin Solo to it...didn't work. Waru tried to daze Luke and eat him, almost worked--but Leia barely pulled him back (and if I recall, Waru was ...enthusiastically... trying to consume both of them--and Han). Finally the creature got sick of posing for Hethrir after that failed, ate Hethrir, and shrunk into nothingness and presumably went back into his...err its.... universe. Stated in book.

It promised rebirth to whomever was consumed...but nobody knows if Hethrir will ever come back. Hethrir wasn't too popular, but he was the one behind all the stuff of the jedi outcast and jedi academy. ---Wookieoedia.

It..Waru... healed hoardes of living beings but sometimes killed one or two (it needed something to satiate its hunger sometimes or else it was too weak for anything). So there implies it had a weakness, but not necessarily death. Stated in book.

I see a stunning conceptual similarity to Nihilus with Waru.

My personal opinion, I'm not so sure who'd win, if victory is even possible for either one... Since I'm not really a huge fan of either Revan or Nihilus, ...or Waru in this case... I don't have any influences biasing me there.

This is just something that this thread reminded me of. So I got the idea.

Waru could be a wound in the force, or not. There isn't sufficent info to say, here.

Inference based on observation of the fact that Waru is from the anti-force universe:

In my humble opinion (which can change after thourough, factual, convincing): A creature from the anti-force universe that is in the force universe sounds like a most horrid wound in the force if there ever was one.

Nihilus VS Waru: A definite staring contest for an eternity to be sure. Unsure of who'd be victorious.

I thought Nihlus was designed to be only killable by Exile because of his unusual circumstances, therefore further explaining them in the plot. So with this in mind Nihlus could kill any Jedi in his path, a whole planet of them comes to mind, so Revan wouldn't stand a chance.

i've read somewhere that obsidian intended to make that mask of nihilus to be made out of revan's skull but cutted it out to make revan's fate a mistery and allow themselves more freedom in next sequel

so i guess we know what obsidian thinks about who'll win

personally i hate that scenario

i find revan to be a great character and i really dislike nihilus

haven't seen more charismatic game character then revan since baldur's gate and planescape torment...

edit:

now if we think about it

if they were face to face nihilus' hunger bull**** isn't much of an advantage since revan could cut his head with a lightsaber or fry him with force lightening long before nihilus has a chance to drain revan

You know, Nihilus has a lightsaber too...

As long as we don't how exactly Nihilus abilities work, we can't tell the outcome of that battle.

However, it is more likely that Nihilus would win, since the chances of Revan knowing a counter to that drain are rather low...

As we see in the Exile vs. Nihilus battle, Nihilus tries to use his Drain, but it only weakens him because of the Exile's whole "Wound in the Force" status. If Revan and Nihilus fought, Nihilus would wipe Revan away in a matter of seconds. Revan being "very powerful" would not give him an advantage. In fact, it would only make him a tastier meal for Nihilus.

And Revan is master of it... the best ever perhaps

True, Revan was a very good duelist, but definitely not the best ever. As Kreia says, the ancient Sith Lords make modern Jedi look like children playing with toys.

Kreia says many things

Ajunta Pall was supposed to be the best ever (or atleast one of the best) as i recall

And i also seem to recall Revan (the player) wiping the floor with Ajunta's spirit

Also in the encounter Exile vs Nihilus the hunger boy didn't use use that 'power' of his imediatelly

Its logical for that 'power' to take time and whatever little time it takes it would be enough for Revan to deliver some mighty butt kicking to Nihilus

And if it isn't some face to face battle and they're just hunting eachother throughout the galaxy i think Revan would still win

He's far more cunning then Nihilus and surely will think of a way to destroy him without directly confronting him if he wishes

Sending one like the Exile after Nihilus for example :)

Or he could just go and kill a planet so he becomes like the exile

Kreia says many things

Um... ok

Ajunta Pall was supposed to be the best ever (or atleast one of the best) as i recall

And i also seem to recall Revan (the player) wiping the floor with Ajunta's spirit

Actually, that was Tulak Hord who is supposed to be the best. In fact Kreia's exact words are, "all the greatest masters since were as children playing with toys."

Revan only fought Pall if he was dark side. Also, in TSL, when the Exile has the vision of Revan in the tomb on Korriban, he wipes up the floor with him. So do you think that the Exile would easily kill Revan in a fight?

Also in the encounter Exile vs Nihilus the hunger boy didn't use use that 'power' of his imediatelly

Its logical for that 'power' to take time and whatever little time it takes it would be enough for Revan to deliver some mighty butt kicking to Nihilus

Why exactly would it be illogical for Nihilus to be able to use his power at close range? True, he didn't use it right away, but do you really think Revan would just go over there and chop up Nihilus in 5 seconds? Nihilus has a lightsaber too, so he can defend himself.

And if it isn't some face to face battle and they're just hunting eachother throughout the galaxy i think Revan would still win

He's far more cunning then Nihilus and surely will think of a way to destroy him without directly confronting him if he wishes

Sending one like the Exile after Nihilus for example :)

Well, the point of this thread is to speculate on who would win in a 1 on 1 fight between Nihilus and Revan, so I think that would mean it's close up. Why would you think Revan would win from far away? What kind of power would Revan have to defeat him from great distances? Nihilus has the ability to destroy an entire planet from orbit, so Nihilus would most likely be able to kill him from a much greater distance then Revan.

Or he could just go and kill a planet so he becomes like the exile

I think that's a bit out of the question....

Anyway, there is really no way to officially answer this question until Revan and Nihilus actually fight, which most likely will be never.

Actually, that was Tulak Hord who is supposed to be the best. In fact Kreia's exact words are, "all the greatest masters since were as children playing with toys."

Revan only fought Pall if he was dark side. Also, in TSL, when the Exile has the vision of Revan in the tomb on Korriban, he wipes up the floor with him. So do you think that the Exile would easily kill Revan in a fight?

Vision of some1 and the actual spirit of some1 are quite different things

Some crazy one legged kid on Tatooine for example could have visions of how he pwns Malak but if he has to fight his spirit things wouldn't go exactly the same way right? :)

Why exactly would it be illogical for Nihilus to be able to use his power at close range? True, he didn't use it right away, but do you really think Revan would just go over there and chop up Nihilus in 5 seconds? Nihilus has a lightsaber too, so he can defend himself.

I'm not saying Nihilus couldn't use his 'power; at close range

I'm saying he couldn't possibly be able to just launch it without any preparation and the time he'd need to prepare would be enough for Revan to chop him to pieces

And as we already cleared out Revan is waaaaay better then Nihilus in lightsaber combat

So what if he has lightsaber too? I'll use the one legged Tatooine boy example again

Give the boy a lightsaber and pit it against Malak with his lightsaber

Even though the boy is armed it will still be pwned in 5 seconds right? :)

Its the same with Revan and Nihilus

Well, the point of this thread is to speculate on who would win in a 1 on 1 fight between Nihilus and Revan, so I think that would mean it's close up. Why would you think Revan would win from far away? What kind of power would Revan have to defeat him from great distances? Nihilus has the ability to destroy an entire planet from orbit, so Nihilus would most likely be able to kill him from a much greater distance then Revan.

Nihilus would need to locate Revan and thats hard for him as we saw in Kotor 2

He couldn't find any jedi unless they all gathered at the same place

So as i said Revan could use his cunning to strike at Nihilus without leaving the safety of his base

And btw Kreia is Darth Traya so you can't trust everything she says :D

I'm saying he couldn't possibly be able to just launch it without any preparation and the time he'd need to prepare would be enough for Revan to chop him to pieces

Nope, he'd be able to do it. Nihilus killed a dozen or so Jedi Masters with his NihilusDrainTM power. One Sith Lord wouldn't be much of a stretch.

You see Nihilus use his power when he fights Sion, anyway. No preparation at all was required.

He couldn't find any jedi unless they all gathered at the same place

Nope. Nihilus is something akin to a Force bloodhound; their presence is enough to attract him. Hence his ability to find Katarr half a galaxy away.

So as i said Revan could use his cunning to strike at Nihilus without leaving the safety of his base

Not exactly Revan vs. Nihilus any longer, is it? ;)

Nihilus consumes whole planets. He'd be able to kill any organic army, no matter how large, that Revan could send against him. Droids, though, are another matter, as he can't use NihilusDrainTM on them. A couple squads would be enough to kill him that way.

Nope, he'd be able to do it. Nihilus killed a dozen or so Jedi Masters with his NihilusDrainTM power. One Sith Lord wouldn't be much of a stretch.

The Jedi masters were all gathered togather

When they separated on different planets he couldn't find them

You see Nihilus use his power when he fights Sion, anyway. No preparation at all was required.

Sion was rather chatty in that encounter giving Nihilus some time

I doubt Revan would waste time for chit chat

Nope. Nihilus is something akin to a Force bloodhound; their presence is enough to attract him. Hence his ability to find Katarr half a galaxy away.

Katar was a whole planet with force sensitives AND it had a whole bunch of jedi on its surface

Of course he could find it

I get the feeling you didn't pay much attention to the plot in Kotor 2 :)

Not exactly Revan vs. Nihilus any longer, is it? ;)

Nihilus consumes whole planets. He'd be able to kill any organic army, no matter how large, that Revan could send against him. Droids, though, are another matter, as he can't use NihilusDrainTM on them. A couple squads would be enough to kill him that way.

Or he could send some1 like the exile against him

It will do the trick as well

Not much of a bloodhound in my opinion since Atris tipped him off about the meeting on Katarr, and Kreia similarly tipped him off about the Jedi Academy on Telos. Doesn't take immense power to follow obvious leads planted by those who want you to find them. :)

If he had such a force nose for sniffing out force users half a galaxy away then why didn't he see the Telos Academy lead for the false bait it was before rushing there?

Archived