Who would win in a fight?  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win in a fight?

• Revan
    • Nihilus

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what?! she killed three jedi council members with just force drain?! so every person thats killed by force drain becomes 'worse than lifelesss'?

Sure, why not? There's no evidence that it was anything other than Force drain. That she killed the three of them with just Force drain isn't any more unreasonable than Darth Sidious killing someone with lightning. That's because drain, lightning, and other powers of that sort aren't just regular powers that any schmo with Force sensitivity can learn with ease, like Force push/pull, or jump.

Sure, why not? There's no evidence that it was anything other than Force drain. That she killed the three of them with just Force drain isn't any more unreasonable than Darth Sidious killing someone with lightning. That's because drain, lightning, and other powers of that sort aren't just regular powers that any schmo with Force sensitivity can learn with ease, like Force push/pull, or jump.

Hm.. it looked like drain. But drain is a single target power. Death field isn't, but she clearly didn't use death field.

Also, what she said right before killing the masters might indicate that it's not a conventional power. Anyway, it's definitely not the same as Nihilus' power

That's because drain, lightning, and other powers of that sort aren't just regular powers that any schmo with Force sensitivity can learn with ease, like Force push/pull, or jump.
i get that, but i think its drain but a different technique... i havnt played dark side, but i have killed zez kai ell on nar shadaa, just to see what happens, and quick loaded. when the exile killed him, she performed the 'scream' animation, with the force drain anim arcing from her chest to master ell's body. then kreia said something about it being instinct... i could be wrong here, but isnt that the technique that the sith learned from exile in the mando wars? i have a feeling that was what kreia used on the masters.

Hm.. it looked like drain. But drain is a single target power. Death field isn't, but she clearly didn't use death field.
thats why i thought it was i different power.

Darth Nihilus didn't drain half the council on the Visas's homeworld, there was no council maybe a few jedi, if you also remember Darth Nihilus must likely drained the planet from a ship, while he does it he is very weak and can be dispatched easily, e.g. force meditation requires alot of concentration and the wielder is very vulnerable, so for Nihilus to even summon that sort of power to defeat Revan he wouldn't be able to unless he was far away, and the planet itself was stationary, while the inhabitants weren't they must been easy to target in their groups and with so many ships he could use the ships to increase his range, don't know how but it seems logical, Revan could easily board the ship and dispatch Nihilus, this is why Revan would and could win, as for Nihilus's range Revan could use his force abilities to shut himself from the force and then it wouldn't affect even thoug we know he wudn't do it or he would create a foce shiewld strong enough to protect him from the force drain of Nihilus while he boards a ships and is flown to Nihilus, what do you think?

Darth Nihilus didn't drain half the council on the Visas's homeworld, there was no council maybe a few jedi,

Atris summoned the remaining jedi to katarr in order to draw out the then unknown enemy into the open. She leaked information about the meeting of the jedi - which was inercepted by nihilus. Masters Vandar, Zhar, and Dorak from the council on dantooine were on katarr when nihilus killed every living thing on it, and i'm willing to bet there were more council members from other enclaves there.

while he does it he is very weak and can be dispatched easily

source?

Revan could use his force abilities to shut himself from the force and then it wouldn't affect

it seems quite likely, but AFAIK we dont know for sure if revan has the ability to shut himself from the force.

Oh please... please please let this thread just die and stay dead forever.

It has already been confirmed that Nihilus was a part of Exile that broke off at the destruction of Malachor V. She was the only one capable of putting Nihilus down and re-fusing with "it" to become whole again.

It was a walking wound in the Force. A natural disaster. Its like saying "Revan could have soooo won against that Tornado!"

Force hunger is literally force lightning as shown when he drain Darth Sion in the beginning of K.O.T.O.R 2, except for the fact that it drains you.

Special Effects for a video game. You are reading too deeply into the limited power of the game engine.

He has the ability to drain you even if you are simply on the same ship with him, so your point is invalid.

Who says Revan can't use the force to hold the ship together?

Who says? I don't recall the plot ever saying that Revan could in fact hold a ship together.

Remember that Visas managed to face Nhilius and still live even if he didn't concentrate on her as much as the Exile, as for the force drain a life saber could bloke it just like the force lightning i am pretty sure he would have the knowledge of how to block it, and as for the best force weilder in the galaxy during the K.O.T.O.R time Revan is the wisest :p.

Wrong.

It cannot be blocked. It is said -explicitly- in the game -multiple- times.

the only way to block drain is through resistance or absorption powers like in kotor and the jedi knight games. revan would know ways to block normal drain, but i think nihilus' is something else. he killed an entire planet full of force sensitives, which also had half the jedi council on it!

Again, you all are reading too much into video games. Draining the Force from someone is a select skill in the Kotor EU that cannot be taught, only learned once it is done to you. Kreia explicitly says so.

The only way to block it is if you have nothing to take in the first place. The only reason that Exile survive is that Nihilus is part of her, and she has no connection to the Force for Nihilus to take.

I think George Lucas stated that Sidious is the most powerful Lord of the Sith in the entire Sw universe (and if you read the wiki entry to dark empire, that becomes quite apparent. but it's lame. =)

George Lucas has never cared about the EU. He has repeatedly stated in interviews that he is ignorant of much that happens in the EU, thus why he only works on the prequels now.

Exile and Nihilus are technically the most powerful beings to have ever stepped foot in the Star Wars Universe. They are both wounds in the Force, and are eventually capable of ending all life in the Galaxy, if not the Universe. After Exile defeats Nihilus and fuses with it again, she becomes pretty much the strongest single person in Star Wars history.

Thus why TSL is an interesting story, but on the whole a story about a Mary Sue.

Evan though Revan is basically just any person who you desire to be; he's still the most powerful Jedi/Sith in the KOTOR era (at least as far as the games go). I don't think Nihilus's flashy powers and heavy breathing would be enough to subdue/beat Revan.

I would argue that Revan might have been the most powerful -human- in the Kotor era, if you disregard Exile and Nihilus as being technically human.

But Exile and Nihilus both could rip the Force out of Revan in a seconds time if given the option. They have their own tier of power above everything else.

what?! she killed three jedi council members with just force drain?!

so every person thats killed by force drain becomes 'worse than lifelesss'?

i always thought it was some other special freaky sith thing learnt from trayus... because the devs used the drain effect for everything.

What did you think she did? She learned how to Force Drain from Nihilus using it on her.

Thats how powerful that damn thing is. It isn't a Force power. It isn't a weapon. Its manipulation of a Force wound to literally rip the "soul", or Force out of a person. They do not join the Force in death, but instead add to the power of the one that killed them.

There is no blocking it. No getting around it. If it is aimed at you, you are going to die.

^ death field, i know. but afaik nihilus' drain wasnt just normal drain, it was a crazy technique he learnt from trayus.

Wrong again.

Force Drain was not taught at Trayus. It is the manipulation of a Force wound.

Think of them as a walking black hole. A Black hole doesn't learn how to suck things in... it just does. Exile and Nihilus are black holes in the Force, so it is a skill that comes naturally to them. Once you use it on someone else, you've hurt their connection to the Force enough for them to use their scarred connection to the Force to rip the Force connections from other beings.

Its not so much a skill as it is an abomination natural disaster that can be focused and controlled. Kreia learned it from being drain, and the shadow troops learned it from Nihilus as he most likely wounded their own connection to the Force.

Also, what she said right before killing the masters might indicate that it's not a conventional power. Anyway, it's definitely not the same as Nihilus' power

Again, it was a video game. Many of the powers in it are not Canon.

She used the Force Drain ability on them because she learned how to use it from Nihilus, because she at one time had her connection torn from her.

Darth Nihilus didn't drain half the council on the Visas's homeworld, there was no council maybe a few jedi,

Most of the councel was there, along with a great deal of the remaining Jedi. They went there to gain the Sight, and when they got it they were killed by Nihilus. The only reason he went to Katarr was because there were vast amounts of Force sensitives on it.

if you also remember Darth Nihilus must likely drained the planet from a ship, while he does it he is very weak and can be dispatched easily, e.g. force meditation requires alot of concentration and the wielder is very vulnerable, so for Nihilus to even summon that sort of power to defeat Revan he wouldn't be able to unless he was far away, and the planet itself was stationary, while the inhabitants weren't they must been easy to target in their groups and with so many ships he could use the ships to increase his range, don't know how but it seems logical,

Wrong.

It can use it up close as well. It used it on Sion and Exile when they were right in from of it. I'm sure it might be somewhat difficult to devour an entire planet, but it managed to do it within a few seconds from its ship. And with ever person it drains, it became more powerful.

The reason he was so weak in K2 was because Exile was nearby. Nihilus is a broken off piece of Exile, so when it came close to her, it became much less powerful. And when he tried to drain Exile, it nearly killed itself as Nihilus technically just tried to drain itself.

as for Nihilus's range Revan could use his force abilities to shut himself from the force and then it wouldn't affect even thoug we know he wudn't do it or he would create a foce shiewld strong enough to protect him from the force drain of Nihilus while he boards a ships and is flown to Nihilus, what do you think?

Wrong. You cannot cut yourself off from the Force without causing heavy damage to yourself.

Exile cut herself off from the Force, and it hurt her "soul" so badly that part of her broke off and turned into Nihilus, and she became a walking wound in the Force capable of destroying all life.

Also, how would Revan defeat Nihilus if he/she was cut off from the Force? Without the Force, Revan is just a human with a glowing stick.

C'mon people. We're talking about a thing that has the ability to rip the life from every man, woman, alien, animal, planet, etc on the entire planet. It killed -every- -living- -thing- to grow stronger. Just because you love Revan does not make him/her invincible.

No. There is no argument. Revan loses. Now please accept that please stop resurrecting this thread.

It has already been confirmed that Nihilus was a part of Exile that broke off at the destruction of Malachor V. She was the only one capable of putting Nihilus down and re-fusing with "it" to become whole again.

WT<expletive of choice>!!

woah! where was that? coz i totally missed it while playing k2 twice...

(but thats not saying much :xp:)

Exile and Nihilus are technically the most powerful beings to have ever stepped foot in the Star Wars Universe. They are both wounds in the Force, and are eventually capable of ending all life in the Galaxy, if not the Universe. After Exile defeats Nihilus and fuses with it again, she becomes pretty much the strongest single person in Star Wars history.

:eyepop

the game certainly didnt make her seem too powerful...

Again, you all are reading too much into video games. Draining the Force from someone is a select skill in the Kotor EU that cannot be taught, only learned once it is done to you. Kreia explicitly says so.

this explains kreia's blather when i drained zez kai ell. but what about the jk games? you've said that the nihilus drain was learned by it happening to you... in jk, the drain power was learned from a holocron, and so was absorption. jk drain, and usual kotor drain seems to me to be different types - scales - of drain if you will.

youve explained that the nihilus drain came from exile's actions at malachor... which is why there isnt another astronomically powerful nut running around later. as far as we know, it only happened once, in TSL.

yet revan can have the drain power in kotor 1, and i doubt he learnt it because the nihilus drain was used on him. because if that happened, revan would go splat. and i'm pretty sure drain was around before the mandalorian wars.

i got that impression because of a loading message in tsl that said something like " from trayus' teachings, traya learned betrayal, nihilus learned hunger and sion learned pain"

i must be wrong... ill have to go check it out.

It was a walking wound in the Force. A natural disaster. Its like saying "Revan could have soooo won against that Tornado!"

The reason he was so weak in K2 was because Exile was nearby. Nihilus is a broken off piece of Exile, so when it came close to her, it became much less powerful. And when he tried to drain Exile, it nearly killed itself as Nihilus technically just tried to drain itself.

Quoted For Truth

wow, the last two post's have reminded me of my hatred for Avellone's self indulgent tale of Mary Sue and her Paradoxical Shadow twin Sauron in there era defining (Destroying) battle for the universe lol. /Dreaming of the cooler K1/

I love Revan, but Nihilus would win because he's so ridiculously un-Star Warsy and Powerful

Oh please... please please let this thread just die and stay dead forever.

Special Effects for a video game. You are reading too deeply into the limited power of the game engine.

He has the ability to drain you even if you are simply on the same ship with him, so your point is invalid.

Who says? I don't recall the plot ever saying that Revan could in fact hold a ship together.

Wrong.

It cannot be blocked. It is said -explicitly- in the game -multiple- times.

The only way to block it is if you have nothing to take in the first place. The only reason that Exile survive is that Nihilus is part of her, and she has no connection to the Force for Nihilus to take.

George Lucas has never cared about the EU. He has repeatedly stated in interviews that he is ignorant of much that happens in the EU, thus why he only works on the prequels now.

Thus why TSL is an interesting story, but on the whole a story about a Mary Sue.

I would argue that Revan might have been the most powerful -human- in the Kotor era, if you disregard Exile and Nihilus as being technically human.

But Exile and Nihilus both could rip the Force out of Revan in a seconds time if given the option. They have their own tier of power above everything else.

What did you think she did? She learned how to Force Drain from Nihilus using it on her.

Thats how powerful that damn thing is. It isn't a Force power. It isn't a weapon. Its manipulation of a Force wound to literally rip the "soul", or Force out of a person. They do not join the Force in death, but instead add to the power of the one that killed them.

There is no blocking it. No getting around it. If it is aimed at you, you are going to die.

Wrong again.

Think of them as a walking black hole. A Black hole doesn't learn how to suck things in... it just does. Exile and Nihilus are black holes in the Force, so it is a skill that comes naturally to them. Once you use it on someone else, you've hurt their connection to the Force enough for them to use their scarred connection to the Force to rip the Force connections from other beings.

Its not so much a skill as it is an abomination natural disaster that can be focused and controlled. Kreia learned it from being drain, and the shadow troops learned it from Nihilus as he most likely wounded their own connection to the Force.

Again, it was a video game. Many of the powers in it are not Canon.

She used the Force Drain ability on them because she learned how to use it from Nihilus, because she at one time had her connection torn from her.

Most of the councel was there, along with a great deal of the remaining Jedi. They went there to gain the Sight, and when they got it they were killed by Nihilus. The only reason he went to Katarr was because there were vast amounts of Force sensitives on it.

Wrong.

It can use it up close as well. It used it on Sion and Exile when they were right in from of it. I'm sure it might be somewhat difficult to devour an entire planet, but it managed to do it within a few seconds from its ship. And with ever person it drains, it became more powerful.

Wrong. You cannot cut yourself off from the Force without causing heavy damage to yourself.

Exile cut herself off from the Force, and it hurt her "soul" so badly that part of her broke off and turned into Nihilus, and she became a walking wound in the Force capable of destroying all life.

Also, how would Revan defeat Nihilus if he/she was cut off from the Force? Without the Force, Revan is just a human with a glowing stick.

C'mon people. We're talking about a thing that has the ability to rip the life from every man, woman, alien, animal, planet, etc on the entire planet. It killed -every- -living- -thing- to grow stronger. Just because you love Revan does not make him/her invincible.

No. There is no argument. Revan loses. Now please accept that please stop resurrecting this thread.

Best post in this thread :)

I really wish this thread would die already; TA's post is made of win, an should have finished this for anyone with common sense (I note fanboys lack this) - I should like to make only one other point...

Am I the only one that thinks that someone who's name contains Revan, arguing for how Revan would beat Nihilus should automatically be ignored as being biased?

I'm sorry to shock a whole load of you with real life - you are not Revan, you are not the saviour of the Galaxy, and Nihilus would still pawn Revan in a fight.

The End!

This thread needs to die already I dont even care who wins. People need to remeber Revan was very strong in the force which made Nihilus hungrier but Nihilus couldnt control that power for **** its not even a weapon or power its a natural force like TA said. Revan could control it, Exile couldnt, Kreia, could, Nihilus, couldnt, Yoda couldnt, Anakin couldnt let this thread die. I can accept that Revan could be killed by this power as anyone could now. And soon enough the power would kill the Exile or Nihilus. Maybe a Mod can lock this thread.

an should have finished this for anyone with common sense (I note fanboys lack this)

seeing that i'm the one who last posted in the 'debate', i assume thats directed at me.

To this i say: it is my opinion that nihilus would win. thats what ive been arguing.

I only posted because i wanted to find out about the 'drain cant be learned' thing.

but seeing that so many want this thread to die, Ive created a thread dedicated to the subject of drain. Please move the discussion of force drain there.

Am I the only one that thinks that someone who's name contains Revan, arguing for how Revan would beat Nihilus should automatically be ignored as being biased?

not very nice to put down a new member like that...

seeing that i'm the one who last posted in the 'debate', i assume thats directed at me.

To this i say: it is my opinion that nihilus would win. thats what ive been arguing.

Thats what I was arguing to; though its not an opinion Nihilus would win: fact.

I only posted because i wanted to find out about the 'drain cant be learned' thing.

but seeing that so many want this thread to die, Ive created a thread dedicated to the subject of drain. Please move the discussion of force drain there.

We want this to die, because its been going since time immemorial and though clearly Nihilus would win, certain individuals think they are Revan and would pawn everyone.

not very nice to put down a new member like that...

This thread should die, end of.

Someone needs to read the KOTOR Campaign Guide, or at least stop listening to ridiculous fanon theories.

And someone needs to double check information from the writer of the game:

http://www.starwarsknights.com/fullstory.php?id=386

"He was created when Malachor V was torn apart, and he was intended as the Exile’s other half, one that took a more self-destructive path rather than denying the Force during that battle that ended the Mandalorian Wars.

As much as Nihilus embraced the Dark Side’s Force talent of consuming force sensitives (and other life, such as the mass Mandalorian slaughter), the Exile took the higher ground and cut himself off from the pull of such power. As powerful as Nihilus’ ability is in the short term, the drawback is that it robs the user of almost identity but hunger, which is why is never employed by the Sith Lords of old... who had no wish to sublimate their identities for any reason."

-Chris Avellone, the lead writer of TSL.

The game was incomplete. The story was never fully told, because Obsidian was forced to release it waaay before its time. It is never explicitly stated in the game, but there are hints. Such as them both being wounds, Nihilus hurting itself by trying to drain her, etc.

But if you don't want to believe me, that is fine. In Canon, its not official. I, personally, will be taking the writers intended message of an incomplete game over a book stating only the information that was able to get in.

And this, on the whole, is still irrelevant because Revan -still- could not win in a battle between them.

Archived