Home

Revan VS. Nihilus... who would win

Anakin Skywalker

Who would win in a fight?  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win in a fight?

• Revan
    • Nihilus

As we see in the Exile vs. Nihilus battle, Nihilus tries to use his Drain, but it only weakens him because of the Exile's whole "Wound in the Force" status. If Revan and Nihilus fought, Nihilus would wipe Revan away in a matter of seconds. Revan being "very powerful" would not give him an advantage. In fact, it would only make him a tastier meal for Nihilus.

True, Revan was a very good duelist, but definitely not the best ever. As Kreia says, the ancient Sith Lords make modern Jedi look like children playing with toys.

Actually we don't see that Nihilus trys to use his drain. That's just one possible situation. However, as the PC I can choose so defeat Nihilus just like that, and I don't recall him using his drain on me (or at least trying).

So, Nihilus might underestimate Revan (like he probably underestimated the Exile.. if you choose not to have Nihilus try to drain you) and get defeated.

Revan is strong in the force, one of the strongest of his era, so there's no doubt he is good with the saber. The best? Perhaps... who knows. That's speculation. But I doubt that all jedi/sith in that era are "like children playing with toys" compared to the ancient Lords. Kreia's talk is definitly not a starwars history book.

Anyway: ED is right. Droids do the trick! We should move on discussing ....

HK-47 vs Darth Nihilus

NOT an arena fight, let's suppose they wage war on each other. :D Obviously, HK-47 is smarter. And he knows what it takes to eliminate Jedi and Sith.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not much of a bloodhound in my opinion since Atris tipped him off about the meeting on Katarr

Actually, that bit was cut from the game. Yes, I know it's in the game files, but I've never heard Atris actually admit to it in the actual game.

and Kreia similarly tipped him off about the Jedi Academy on Telos. Doesn't take immense power to follow obvious leads planted by those who want you to find them. :)[/Quote]

Except that Kreia was lying - there were no force sensitives on Telos, unless the exile lets Atris live, in which case there is one...

If he had such a force nose for sniffing out force users half a galaxy away then why didn't he see the Telos Academy lead for the false bait it was before rushing there?

Because he was starving and couldn't be bothered to waste time booking a table or checking the menu in advance ;)

Actually we don't see that Nihilus trys to use his drain. That's just one possible situation.

So what? We know he has the power. That's why Vandar, Zhar, Dorak and everyone else on Katarr are all dead.

However, as the PC I can choose so defeat Nihilus just like that, and I don't recall him using his drain on me (or at least trying).

So, Nihilus might underestimate Revan (like he probably underestimated the Exile.. if you choose not to have Nihilus try to drain you) and get defeated.

Nihilus is drawn to force sensitives. You might just as well argue that the exile being a void is precisely the reason why you can avoid having him try to drain. Personally, I can say only that he always tries it on me. Revan is another matter, though - he is strong in the force and would irresistable to Nihilus for that very reason. Revan is basically dripping in force, and Nihilus a very dry sponge looking desperately to suck some up. Yummy! :D

Revan is strong in the force, one of the strongest of his era, so there's no doubt he is good with the saber.

What does being strong in the force have to do with being a good duelist with the lightsaber? You'd need to have good force abilities, but I don't see why being particularly strong would automatically make you a good duelist as well.

@topic: I find this poll difficult to believe. If I've learned anything from it, then it's that there are a LOT of people out there who are VERY fond of Revan...

@topic: I find this poll difficult to believe. If I've learned anything from it, then it's that there are a LOT of people out there who are VERY fond of Revan...

haha *nods*

Is that true about Nihlus' mask being made from Revan's skull originally? That would have been great. Nihlus would be scarier then for sure.

Is that true about Nihlus' mask being made from Revan's skull originally? That would have been great. Nihlus would be scarier then for sure.

I think that's entirely speculative, maybe even something out of a fanfiction (not that that's a bad thing). Certainly, I've never seen anything in TSL to suggest that, and I do believe Revan's fate was left unrevealed so that whoever does KotOR3 (if it's ever done) can decide what became of Revan.

Well according to wikipedia that was the original intention of Obsidian though they left it out to keep Revan's fate a mistery

But as we all know wikipedia isn't the most reliable source of information :)

The Jedi masters were all gathered togather

When they separated on different planets he couldn't find them

Because they chose planets that could mask their scent, metaphorically. The chronicles, unreliable as they are, do make an accurate claim in that the Jedi were slowly picked off one by one.

Sion was rather chatty in that encounter giving Nihilus some time

So you think Nihilus was "preparing" his power during his conversation with Sion, despite no indication whatsoever? A sketchy concept at best.

In any case, it appears he can use NihilusDrainTM in a relatively quick amount of time. If you've read Unseen, Unheard, you'll recall that Nihilus went down to the planet itself before he killed everyone. The chronicles mention he led the attack, which would imply he faced the Jedi Masters in direct combat. Since I highly doubt they would be dumb enough not to stay together when fighting someone like him, the only possible options are that Nihilus out-dueled a good number of Jedi Masters all at once, or that he used NihilusDrainTM. The later, obviously, ends fights normally beyond the user's ability.

Of course he could find it

Let's look a bit at the background behind Katarr... It's in the Mid Rim, so it could be a relatively new world. Unseen, Unheard made confirmed that (the planet look quite unindustrialized), and it had a small population of a naturally reclusive and secretive race. Not too much of a stretch its location wouldn't be known to many.

Nihilus was able to find it with his senses alone (which, for some reason, he never did before the Jedi met there). I think that confirms he's something akin to a Force bloodhound.

I get the feeling you didn't pay much attention to the plot in Kotor 2

I get the feeling you've not seen many of my posts. :)

Or he could send some1 like the exile against him

It will do the trick as well

Not really, since there was only one Exile who was never under Revan's command while Nihilus was alive. A couple squads of droids would do the trick, and would be far less of a loss if they failed.

Not much of a bloodhound in my opinion since Atris tipped him off about the meeting on Katarr, and Kreia similarly tipped him off about the Jedi Academy on Telos. Doesn't take immense power to follow obvious leads planted by those who want you to find them.

Atris tipping him off is cut content (which you have said is not valid :)). It's stated several times that Katarr drew Nihilus to it like a beacon, anyway. For a creature like him, there's little surprise there.

If he had such a force nose for sniffing out force users half a galaxy away then why didn't he see the Telos Academy lead for the false bait it was before rushing there?

Jediphile had a good point about what a starving man would do in a restaurant. But to go back to my bloodhound example, one can cover a trail with pepper spray to make it indiscernible. Likewise, Atris chose to occupy a world that was like pepper spray to him. All the deaths and tragedies that had occurred on Telos were able to mask the presence of Force-sensitives. There could've been several younglings or a regiment of Jedi Masters there for all Nihilus could've known.

What does being strong in the force have to do with being a good duelist with the lightsaber? You'd need to have good force abilities, but I don't see why being particularly strong would automatically make you a good duelist as well.

Well I believe the Jedi's insanely fast reflexes (gained through the force) play quite a role in a saber duel. The rest is obviously speed of movement (which I think can be achieved through the force), to predict your opponents moves (with experience and force senses that can be done), and finally: technique and experience. (That is training)

So let's rather say: being strong in the force grants someone the potential to be a better duelist than someone who's not as strong in the force.

Well I believe the Jedi's insanely fast reflexes (gained through the force) play quite a role in a saber duel. The rest is obviously speed of movement (which I think can be achieved through the force), to predict your opponents moves (with experience and force senses that can be done), and finally: technique and experience. (That is training)

So let's rather say: being strong in the force grants someone the potential to be a better duelist than someone who's not as strong in the force.

Well we got Nihlius who gobbles up Force for a living. Surely, if he gobbled up Kataar, he should have became a much better duelist than Revan, right? With all that Force he has?

now if we think about it

if they were face to face nihilus' hunger bull**** isn't much of an advantage since revan could cut his head with a lightsaber or fry him with force lightening long before nihilus has a chance to drain revan

... Nihilus had a lightsaber silly. He would have blocked the lightning with the lightsaber and dualed back...

Nihilus could drain Revan dry before he ever got close

Maybe blocking force lightning is a Force Power on Its Own.

"Force Don't-Shock-me/Force Rubbershoes."

I think Revan would fight "fair" and just nuke his ship (until he runs out of juice holding it together) leaving him floating in the vast emptiness of space starving to his end.

Then, maybe, if Revan is in an interesting mood, he would be locked up in a force cage, like a pet rancor or something.

Well we got Nihlius who gobbles up Force for a living. Surely, if he gobbled up Kataar, he should have became a much better duelist than Revan, right? With all that Force he has?

Does he really command the force he drains? Aside from his powerful drain, he doesn't appear to fully wield the force of millions of beings...

If that was the case, he could crush the exile with the force along with his companions instantly without raising a finger. It would have been impossible for the Exile to defeat him, even when she's resistant to the drain.

Does he really command the force he drains? Aside from his powerful drain, he doesn't appear to fully wield the force of millions of beings...

If that was the case, he could crush the exile with the force along with his companions instantly without raising a finger. It would have been impossible for the Exile to defeat him, even when she's resistant to the drain.

Which most likely means he doesn't command the Force that much. Still, I do think he does have some command over the Force, even a little bit, which will allow for him to be somewhat good at dueling...

Then again, Exile is resistant to the drain, which causes Nihlius to actually bend in pain. Prehaps he actually lost some Force and became very weak, which allows The Exile to murder him. If Nihilius was at full strength, prehaps Nihlius would have pawned both Revan and Exile.

Which most likely means he doesn't command the Force that much. Still, I do think he does have some command over the Force, even a little bit, which will allow for him to be somewhat good at dueling...

Then again, Exile is resistant to the drain, which causes Nihlius to actually bend in pain. Prehaps he actually lost some Force and became very weak, which allows The Exile to murder him. If Nihilius was at full strength, prehaps Nihlius would have pawned both Revan and Exile.

First of all, I don't doubt that Nihilus is "somewhat good" at dueling. However, he's clearly not on the level of the Jedi Exile.

In my version he doesn't bend it pain... only if I choose that. Point is, the Exile can defeat Darth Nihilus, even without Nihilus "bending in pain". So I'd say, when it comes to common force powers and saber dueling, the Exile is stronger than Darth Nihilus.

And when that's the case, Revan could be stronger in those aspects as well. But unlike the Exile, Revan is not resistant to the drain, therefore he would not win a duel.

the Exile is stronger than Darth Nihilus.

Nihilus was pretty hungry by the time he reached Telos, having not had a good feasting since Katarr. In this respect he works like Galactus, the world eater, from Marvel comics.

Galactus is one of the most powerful beings in the universe, but his strength levels are determined by when he last fed. If it was just a short time ago, only a few beings in the entire universe can stand against him. If it's been a long time since Galactus has had a meal his strength weakens and he can be taken down.

Secondly, we can certainly determine that Nihilus does indeed fall down in pain since he does it again when you use Visas to hurt him through their bond.

"In my version he doesn't bend it pain"

I don't know what this means, if you've modded it, but in this argument we're clearly going with what the game actually shows us. So, feeding off the Exile didn't react well with Nihilus.

I agree. Nihilus would just use the super-drain on Revan that he uses to kill planets. He tried to use that on the exile, but he exausted himself because he was trying to feed off of an absense in the force, where he expected to find a big pot of force soup.

Seems like everyone has stated what they need to say quite nicely, and I'm coming into this a little late but...

In a war situation, from what we've seen Nihilus wouldn't be able to match Revan as a commander.

In a one on one duel, Nihilus would mop the floor with Revan, using "Force Force Drain" or whatever you want to call his power :).

In a straight up lightsaber (or force) duel where Nihilus couldn't eat Revan for breakfast, he wouldn't stand a chance in a toe to toe duel.

But, since Nihilus isn't stupid enough to pass up the opportunity to have a big plate of Revan noodles, he wouldn't fall into category 3. So, Nihilus > Revan.

Seems like everyone has stated what they need to say quite nicely, and I'm coming into this a little late but...

In a war situation, from what we've seen Nihilus wouldn't be able to match Revan as a commander.

In a one on one duel, Nihilus would mop the floor with Revan, using "Force Force Drain" or whatever you want to call his power :).

In a straight up lightsaber (or force) duel where Nihilus couldn't eat Revan for breakfast, he wouldn't stand a chance in a toe to toe duel.

But, since Nihilus isn't stupid enough to pass up the opportunity to have a big plate of Revan noodles, he wouldn't fall into category 3. So, Nihilus > Revan.

Indeed. And the way TSL unfolds would seem to fall into category one, except with exile and Mandalore leading instead of Revan. As Mandalore says, "we've entered his ship and killed his crew." There is some disagreement as to how great a tactician and commander Revan was, but I accept him as very skilled in strategy and tactical decisions simply on the basis of what Mandalore thinks of him. As such, Nihilus wouldn't hold a candle to him.

However, Nihilus doesn't care about losing ships and people, so mostly category two seems to apply... in which case it's time for Revan to bite the dust ;)

• 2 months later...

Revan would win no doubt. It took not just one Jedi but an entire Jedi Council to erase his mind and still he remembered. Not only that but he was comunicating to Bastila through dreams. Revan might also be a wound in the force a much more powerful one than the exile. Since he left the force much more than the exile did. Just think the exile left the force knowing it exsisted. Revan left the force and than the council put the history of the galaxy in him making him know abbout the force. I think the most powerful jedi is Revan then maybe either the Exile, Kreia or Vandar. Revan was wise enough to turn a dark side sprirt back to the light side. Remember what Canderous said if Revan had been a Madalorian, the Madalorians would have been invincible. Revan left every one he knew to face off with something beyond the Sith or the Jedi could handle. I think that before Revan left he/she asked Kreia to train someone to follow him/her into the unkown, the Exile. Overall Revan would have won. It take Nihilus all of his strength to wipe out anything. It would take Nihilus a while to be able to kill Revan probably through meditation. But Revan also knew powers in which there was no defence. Dont forget that Revan found the Trayus academy and was the first one to learn its secrets. Then Kreia and last Nihilus and Sion. Revan and Nihilus are my favorite sith lords but Revan is better and if there was no Revan there would be no Nihilus.

I voted Revan. Exile beat him. yes, I know he was a wound in the Force, thus could not be sucked up, but Revan was the heart of the force.

Yes, I know that means Revan will be sucked dry, but he is a vacume of Power. If the force had a god, it would be Revan. He would manipulate the force to turn it upon Nihilus himself, swallowing himself in his own power.

Look at me, I'm being a stubborn Revan fanboy! :)

If Revan showed up with a few Ysalamari, he'd win hands down. Heck Sion would die as soon as he was in the presence of one of those creatures, Nihilus had to constantly feed to stay alive, if he were cut off from accessing the force I think it would be over.

Though Revan would probably just send in HK-47 and have HK-47 to kill Nihilus.

Archived