Home

Overpowered Empire?

Docter_Aap

Ok i just played the GC map Gateway's as the Empire (on Medium). I first defended my entry points a bit then started buidling a lvl 5 space station and in not too much time i established my galactic bases on all planets, and had the Executor and the DS 2. Those 2 and 3 extra ISD's crushed the entire rebellion without losing a single unit that doesnt return. So isnt the Empire in space kinda overpowered?

I played GC, became the ZC... the empire built both.... We had a huge battle (At least over 50 cap ships alone) And I won.... My one ship that shoots the HUGE shot beat the crap outa the exacuter and when the DSII kept destroying my caps I just brought in more, but tbh, my fighters did alot of work aswell... tbh, if anyone is over powered, it's the ZC but I still had fun.

Ok i just played the GC map Gateway's as the Empire (on Medium). I first defended my entry points a bit then started buidling a lvl 5 space station and in not too much time i established my galactic bases on all planets, and had the Executor and the DS 2. Those 2 and 3 extra ISD's crushed the entire rebellion without losing a single unit that doesnt return. So isnt the Empire in space kinda overpowered?

It's not so much the Empire is overpwered as it is the Rebels are underpowered. The Empire is meant to have beasty cruisers while the rebels have better fighters....

But as of FoC, the Imperials have been given fighter upgrades and the rebels have just been nerfed.

Having said that, the Empire do have a habit of bringing in dozens ISDs which didn't really need to be done.

YertL is right...if the enemy has been able to amass enough resources to have both the DS and SSD you havent put enough pressure on them.

As for the three cap ship heroes; Thrawn and Piett are useful but far from invincible. They are not cheap in skirmish either. Maybe to balance this Ackbar/Home One should be accompanied by a fleet of lesser craft as the DS2 does since Home One always had a support fleet travelling with it.

The Rebels could definitely have used some MC40's to make them more or a force. A Bothan Assault Cruiser or two also couldn't have hurt....

I also think for the next expansion pack the Rebels should without a doubt receive MC90s, MC40s MC80Bs and MC80a's. This would definitely diversify the Capital Ship options for the Rebels and if the Imperials end up getting the Sovereign Class Star Destroyer and Eclipse as useable, then the addition of the Viscount and Mediator Class Mon Calamari Cruisers would be awesome.

Of course, all the maps would have to be much larger as well.

The Rebels could definitely have used some MC40's to make them more or a force. A Bothan Assault Cruiser or two also couldn't have hurt....

I also think for the next expansion pack the Rebels should without a doubt receive MC90s, MC40s MC80Bs and MC80a's. This would definitely diversify the Capital Ship options for the Rebels and if the Imperials end up getting the Sovereign Class Star Destroyer and Eclipse as useable, then the addition of the Viscount and Mediator Class Mon Calamari Cruisers would be awesome.

Of course, all the maps would have to be much larger as well.

...And the game balance would be shot to hell as well. :roleyess:

The Bothan Assault Crusier wasn't developed until about 25 years later. MC80Bs I think were not until after the Battle of Endor I think, and the MC80a may have been as well. Besides I think maybe the basic Mon Calamari Star Crusier covers those well enough. They'd only be slightly more powerful, but maybe if the Tector and Imperial II variants of the Imperial-class were included they'd work out. I think the MC90 would be nice for the expansion and would pwn Star Dstroyer with they're warheads. I could see the Viscount as a hero unit, unless the Executor-class also becomes mass producable in which case the Viscount-class would almost have to be in to counter it, either that or the MC90. MC40s would've been nice I guess, but it's really just a weaker version of the MC80 and the MC30 is more unique. I think maybe the Rebellion could've had Liberty as a hero to balace out the fact that the Empire gets two ISD heroes.

The Bothan Assault Crusier wasn't developed until about 25 years later. MC80Bs I think were not until after the Battle of Endor I think, and the MC80a may have been as well. Besides I think maybe the basic Mon Calamari Star Crusier covers those well enough. They'd only be slightly more powerful, but maybe if the Tector and Imperial II variants of the Imperial-class were included they'd work out. I think the MC90 would be nice for the expansion and would pwn Star Dstroyer with they're warheads. I could see the Viscount as a hero unit, unless the Executor-class also becomes mass producable in which case the Viscount-class would almost have to be in to counter it, either that or the MC90. MC40s would've been nice I guess, but it's really just a weaker version of the MC80 and the MC30 is more unique. I think maybe the Rebellion could've had Liberty as a hero to balace out the fact that the Empire gets two ISD heroes.

There was a thread on one of the FoC forums, can't remember which one. But it argued that in reality the Imperial Fleet would have PWNED the Rebels were it not for the fact that the good guys always win (George Lucas made it that way). In that, it mentioned the make-up of both fleets and the Bothan Assault Cruiser was included in the Rebel Fleet.

Also, let's not forget that the end of the campaign concludes AFTER Ep. 6. So even if the MC80B was built after the Battle of Endor, it would still be valid to have been built.

Plus, as was rightfully stated, the Eclipse wasn't around until Dark Empire. The only reason its here is because a story-line was amassed from fiction and twisted canon six ways from sunday.

I would have liked to have the Liberty as a hero, those were my thought sinitially and it would be possible; seeing as the Sundered Heart disappeared during the Rebel campaign in EAW. But yeah, even though the MC40 would have been weaker and less unique than an MC30, it would have still brought in some type of variation.

I mean, Bothan Assault Cruisers or the like would have been nice to be added in or some type of equivalent that wasn't a Rebel mainstay cruiser already mentioned. That would have certainly added something different.

Archived