Home

Bosses are no challenge?

Titanius Anglesmith

Who else besides me thinks that the bosses Jerec, Desann, and Tavion were all relatively easy. Well actually Jerec was a bit of a challenge and I would go back and play DF 2 again to see if I've improved any but I lost my disc a long time ago :(. Desann was not hard, he as just annoying with his massively powerful Force Push and Force Pull. Tavion was even easier. Her orange beam that she shoots out with the scepter is easy to dodge and even when Ragnos possesses her and she gets a flaming sword, shes still easy. I once beat her in like 30 seconds. If we do see a JK4, I would like it to have a boss who is a bit harder.

Top ten toughest Fightin' Bosses of all time in no particular order:

1. The Dark Demon - Demon's Crest (SNES)

2. The Undying King - Undying (PC)

3. The Flying Polyps - Call of Cthulhu (PC)

4. Amelyssan - Baldur's Gate: Throne of Bhaal (PC)

5. Astaroth - Omikron: The Nomad Soul (PC)

6. Tavion - Jedi Outcast (PC)

7. Kangaxx the Demilich - Baldur's Gate 2 (PC)

8. Xan - Unreal Tournament (PC)

9. Ubersoldat - Return to Castle Wolfenstein (PC)

10. Alien Queen (As a Predator) - AvP (PC)

Top five toughest Puzzle Bosses of all time in no particular order:

1. Malus - Shadow of the Colossus (PS2)

2. Karras - Thief 2 (PC)

3. Mordamir/Dragon - The Immortal (Atari ST)

4. The Count - Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi (PC)

5. Shubbie - Quake (PC) - Yes, yes, I know, obvious solution. But sometimes the obvious is the hardest to see... right in front of you.

Top three most disappointingly easy Bosses who get your hopes up and then dash them cruelly by dying after you barely touched them really...

1. Heinrich I - Return to Castle Wolfenstein (PC) - Famously easy even on hard... expected better after the Ubersoldat...

2. Gamall - Thief 3 (PC) - Too easy to sneak past...

3. Chthon - Quake (PC) - Boss looks great, but puzzle too easy.

Games with the best bosses overall:

1. Shadow of the Colossus (PS2). All bosses, all the time!

2. Undying (PC). Some of the best scripted boss fights ever.

3. Jedi Academy (PC). No boss fight really stood out as exceptionally tough... but all the boss fights were slickly done.

4. Silent Hill (PS). Horrifyingly good.

As for Desann, he was easy if you used Force Speed, the collapsible pillars and Strong Style. I refused to use any of those things in the final fight, so it was much tougher and much more rewarding.

As for Desann, he was easy if you used Force Speed, the collapsible pillars and Strong Style. I refused to use any of those things in the final fight, so it was much tougher and much more rewarding.

Yes, I did it a second time and killed him very quickly once I was told about the pillars.

These are the top 5 most difficult bosses to beat for me.

1.Mordoc Selanmere (vampire) - Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2

2.Aizagora Firewind (dragon) - Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2

3.Baragoth (dragon) - Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2

4.Ulchaloth (Mind Flayer) - Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2

5.Luvia Bloodmire (in second form) - Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2

I know these bosses are all from the game. This is only because all the other bosses from other games are fairly easy.

The toughest boss I ever fought was the one I was never able to beat. Shao Kahn at the end of MK: Shaolin Monks. Man, he was tough. And I couldn't manage to beat him. I gave up after two days and probably 3 - 4 hours invested and returned the game to Blockbuster.

Im pretty sure the bosses in Jo and Ja were easy on the pc but try

to do it on the consoles :( . Dessan took me forever to beat on

the Gamecube version.

Well how they did the force powers that is.

Only 1 button to select which force power you wanted. Hmm I wouldnt

go into rating tough bosses because im pretty sure some are super easy

while others are tremendously hard. Malak from Kotor series took me awhile to beat on my

1st shot as well. Heck even on the 2nd 1. I sure hope they make boss battles

longer to beat just like the movies if you all get my picture here. Harder I

wouldnt mind either.

I couldn't agree more. Some people complain about bosses that are too hard... I complain about bosses that are too easy.

There is nothing more thrilling in a computer game to face an enemy character and say to yourself "Can I even scratch this one?"

Conversely there's nothing more depressing in a computer game than to stand over an enemy character's corpse and say to yourself "Was that all?"

The toughest boss I ever fought was the one I was never able to beat. Shao Kahn at the end of MK: Shaolin Monks. Man, he was tough. And I couldn't manage to beat him. I gave up after two days and probably 3 - 4 hours invested and returned the game to Blockbuster.
I've heard of this guy, though I've only ever played the original MK. People consider him to be "cheesily" hard.

I know these bosses are all from the game. This is only because all the other bosses from other games are fairly easy.
Only ever played Baldur's Gate DA1, and couldn't get into it... Was DA2 better?

There is nothing more thrilling in a computer game to face an enemy character and say to yourself "Can I even scratch this one?"

I've always been partial to Zelda for that reason. I find that the first few bosses are pretty straight forward, then they start introducing new mechanics used to beat the bosses. Sometimes I have to take a few goes before I figure out exactly what I have to do. The nice thing is that it never reduces to button mashing like some bosses. I don't really like when I know HOW to defeat a boss, but it's just luck whether or not I'll pull it off this time through.

Sonic the hedgehog always had good bosses. I remember playing Sonic 1 on the master system and being stuck on the jungle boss for ages.

The final boss on Sonic 2 (master system) was a big disappointment though, you just had to stay in the tubes till he stopped shooting, come out and hit him and duck back in again. which was sad because the rest of the game was good.

I like the fact that the latest game, Sonic Rush, has somehow managed to recapture the spirit of the boss fights of the old ones.

I don't remember any particular hard boss. One game that I think is VERY hard though is Jurassic Park for the SNES. That game....I've wasted so many hours playing that game and have gotten relatively nowhere.

*starts sniffing and tearing up* I want my mommy....

i beat that game. took me 8 hours straight. got all the eggs too. pissed me off that it didn't even save high score and the end sequence was STUPID. just showed guy walking to chopper then it cut to credits. LAME.

i hated the fps parts of that game.

Only ever played Baldur's Gate DA1, and couldn't get into it... Was DA2 better?
It was an identical style game. I never found the bosses to be terribly difficult, though I only played the Dark Alliance games with a friend. They were boring alone.

I agree with Spider AL on Kangaxx the Demilich. That boss fight took me innumerable iterations to complete. It almost had me frustrated to the point of giving up, but I really wanted that ring of his.

The final boss fight of Baldurs Gate 2: Throne of Baal was also amazingly difficult. It wasn't just that the boss was hard to kill, but it was a long and drawn out fight, with no real chance for reprieve and my mage character eventually ran out of spells.

As for disappointingly easy boss fights, the final fight from Ninja Gaiden was a real letdown. After playing what was an amazingly difficult and rewarding game, with plenty of memorably difficult boss fights, that one was a pushover.

Ah well, I never even enjoyed DA1 when I was playing it with my sibling, so I doubt I'll look at DA2.

As for Amelyssan in 'Throne', that battle was- as you say- without opportunity to rest, and therefore as tough as they come... But Kangaxx quite possibly gets the crown as "toughest ever".

In fact, Kangaxx was so tough that I think he's the only boss ever to have a song written about methods of killing him:

http://www.baldurdash.org/kangaxx.html

gave me a headache...esp on the part u gotta find the ship...also was more like a freaking maze trying to find the stuff. pretty lame. couldnt kill a t-rex either. the overhead view parts were the most fun, just the part u had to go in building ruined the whole thing. still i'm proud to say i beat that nearly impossible game. but then again, i beat Wing Commander as well on snes. lmao.

Archived