Home

Kreia vs. Revan, Coolness contest?

SilentScope001

Who is cooler?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who is cooler?

• Kreia
    • Revan

...Revan was far better developed and was simply an engaging character, whereas Kreia just tends to make you want to gouge your eyes out. And you thought Miraluka were born that way :p.

LoL

I like Revan's character a whole lot more than Kreia, she annoyed me, and all I ever want to do in the game when I'm not fighting is to lose inf with her. I need her to hate me, dog gone it. :dev7:

Revan is way cooler.

Brilliant strategist.

Pragmatist in the time of cloistered Jedi.

Uber powerful force user.

Rational conqueror.

Protector of the galaxy.

Thoughtful student.

Compared to Kreia's what?

Creepy old hag.

Bitchy old crone.

Manipulative old witch.

Perceptive old prune.

Kreia and Malak are basically polar opposites. Revan, though, has the best of both worlds and the worst of neither.

Did a brick train Revan and teach him pretty much everything he knows? Hmm......no.

Yes, yes it did - Jedi Master Inanimate Brick Shaped Object. But seriously:

Does that make Kreia an amazing jedi - yes.

Does is make her an interesting/great character - also yes.

Does it maker her 'cool' - no.

My general view:

Revan seems more cool to me then kriea. He is strong willed and what he believes in, he tries to achieve it as well.

Another thing is that Revan's impressive achievements provide us a good indication about his potential and talents. He is also a master-planner like Kriea and Sidious and he has faith in his judgements.

He does not needs to manipulate others for his cause, as others follow him without questions. Because they understand that Revan can be trusted.

One thing I liked about Kriea is that their is some depth in her views. She is also noted for training Revan.

Attraction:

Revan is more attactive then kriea.

Power:

Revan is more powerful then Kriea.

People theorise that Revan is thought to be cooler partly because we were him in K1.

Applying the same logic to Kreia but in reverse: If I got to be Kreia in K2, would I at least slightly bend towards her in this coolness contest against Revan? *in deep contemplation* Er... Nope. So now the subjective determinant factor is cancelled out and the objective answer remains to be Revan.

• 2 weeks later...

Revan is just plain ownage. Just look at how s\he plays with Carth and Bastila, and the characters in general. I'm willing to bet if they ever met Revan would tell Kreia to stick it because, canologically, the Dark Side is in the past and Revan wants nothing to do with it. Well maybe a little...when it comes to manipulating a slimy Hutt.

• 2 weeks later...

Kreia is Sideous to Revan's Vader. Like Sideous, Kreia believed she was serving a higher puropse, punishing the Jedi's arrogance, working in she shadows and manipulating everything and everyone in range (Am I the only one who suspects she IS one of the True Sith?). Sideous and Kreia were also faithless in their advisors and apprentices, but ultimately in themselves.

Revan may have been her apprentice, but Revan reached a point where she wasn't having it. Heart of the Force, yes. Yet, as Bastila put it, "Ours is the ultimate free will. The Force is our destiny, but the choices we make along it are our own." Revan was also do to what Kreia could not and what Exile could not - bind people together through not Force bonds or manipulation, but by unifying into a whole.

Well since she was once a Jedi, then I highly doubt that she is a True Sith. :)

Where better to hide, though?

The Supreme Chancellor's office hid a Sith Lord for nearly two decades, Lumiya had served in Rogue Squadron, and Vergere (who's pretty bloody Kreia-ish in her own right) hid among Luke's New Order. Kreia is just sneaky enough to pull it off.

Well, I prefer Kreia, she has a cynical humor and an emphasis that Revan will never have. Sure he speaks well, sure he's charismatic, sure he plays with Bastila's nerves, but Kreia's ability to persuade (or to convince... Er, she is a master at both), and her way to say "Hey, of course I'm right. But what did you think ? You weren't stupid enough to think the opposite, reassure me ?" when you tell her about the Light Side, charity...

Revan can gain whatever he wants from an army. But let Kreia speak, just a few seconds, to anybody and that guy will totally agree with her and her cause, or he will be broken so hard that he'll become her slave.

Force affinities, now. Yeah, Revan is strong in the Force, sure. But speaking of the study of the Force, I think that Kreia has been far more further that any Jedi in the understanding of the Force.

That makes me prefer Kreia. A cold and reflective tone with a sacarstic humor, the ability to mentally control anybody, and the experience of someone who have lived for veeeery long.

And the hood with the white eyes. Also.

The fact that K can fight with force-formed lightsabers is cool. But other than that, she's just a manipulative old witch who isn't quite satisfied with her life. Trying to kill the force is just ridiculous- it's like trying to kill God himself. The fact that she resolves to kill the Force shows that she herself has relied too much on it and has little confidence in her own will. Though the Force has a will, people in the SW saga have their will too. There's always a choice. To resort to the killing of the Force is to lose faith in the will of her people. To me, she's just weak. How ironic that it's because of this weakness that she resolves to kill the Force, an act which make her seem stronger than others.

Revan, in contrast, believes in his own will, thus it's said that he's neither the servant of the light nor the dark. K said that he didn't Fall to the dark side; I believe he Volunteered to the dark side just so to confront the true enemy, the true sith. He has absolutely the idea of what's going on- his cause of action, his means and his destination. I'd say he's indeed a grey jedi, neither light nor dark. Though he's strong in the Force, he seems to be the one who's in charge of his own actions; aided, but not controlled by the Force. That makes a cooler character than K.

^^ That´s I mostly think of Revan and the fact that there was a quote and I loved about him that read from Wiki:

-"In order to become the Galaxy´s Greatest Savior, Revan had to become its Greatest Villian"

Revan < Kreia

Revan is one of the most overhyped characters in the history of Star Wars. :)

Given how he's completely up to the player in regards to his personality (even the 'his' part is changeable), the only totally official stuff about Revan is that he's a pretty good general/Force user who wanted to rule the galaxy, with absolutely no spoken dialogue to draw upon. In other words, he's totally devoid of any character other than what the player wants.

I don't really think playable characters should count in polls, to be honest. You can't measure them the way you can with NPCs. :)

Archived