Home

Garry's mod 10 to be released on Steam tomorrow

PoM

Yes, you heard it.

If you're interested, you probably already know it, but here you go.

November 27, 2006 - Independent Software developer Garry Newman and Valve today announce an electronic distribution agreement for Garry's MOD, the popular software utility downloaded by hundreds of thousands to create mini-games, many of the most popular movie shorts on web sites such as YouTube.com, and more.

"The new version has been created from scratch so almost everything has been revised and re-invented," said Garry Newman, creator of Garry's MOD. "It has a bunch of new tools to play with (winches, hydraulics and hoverballs), totally new spawn menu and a few new Post Processing effects to play with. The great thing about Steam is that I can update really regularly, really easily - which is something I plan on doing - so expect more tools/gamemodes/stuff to come."

The first commercial release of Garry's MOD will be made available on November 29, 2006. Since a Source-based product is required to run Garry's MOD, Valve will be offering a special bundle of Garry's MOD plus Counter-Strike: Source for just $24.95. For those who already own a Source-based game, Garry's MOD will be sold separately for just $9.95.

For more information, please visit steamgames.com and this page in particular.

No comments.

Garry Newman's hugely successful Garry's mod will officially be part of Steam soon, as Valve and himself have agreed a electronic distribution agreement so his mod can be downloaded by all!

"The new version has been created from scratch so almost everything has been revised and re-invented," said Garry Newman, creator of Garry's MOD. "It has a bunch of new tools to play with (winches, hydraulics and hoverballs), totally new spawn menu and a few new Post Processing effects to play with. The great thing about Steam is that I can update really regularly, really easily - which is something I plan on doing - so expect more tools/gamemodes/stuff to come."

It's right around the corner too, release expected on November 29th. Price, I hear you ask? Well, because the mod is Source based, you need a Source game to run it. If you already have a Source based game, it will be $9.95 (£5 ish). If you don't it will be available with CS Source for $24.95 (£13 ish).

Congratulations to Garry for his hard work!

I'd at least like to try the new Gary's mod before buying it.

Is there a demo or anything of that sort to be released?

Garry's Mod 9 is being called the demo. Though 10 is basically completely redesigned. So far from what I can tell, it's a lot better than Garry's Mod 9, which makes it worth the money in the first place. My brother put it nicely, he said it's basically a really good expansion pack, only at $10 instead of $30. Sounds good to me.

Uh...at the risk of sounding noobish, what exactly is Garry's Mod?

Garry's Mod is a modification for the game Half-Life 2 that allows you to play around with the different aspects of the Source engine. It includes it's own version of the physics gun that allows you to make precise manipulations to game objects and ragdolls, which lets you freeze ragdolls into a pose you want. There are many other features that come with it as well. Garry's Mod 10 is the first one to cost anything, the past ones (1-9) were free.

It's basically a sandbox (you can do anything you want) game.

For more information, go here.

I've been a fan of GMOD since v5.

I've been a fan since one of the first versions, though I forgot exactly which one. Back before you could spawn anything. Back before it had that map. I remember when that map came, it had little buttons you could press to spawn a few things. Then the buttons were replaced by spawning stations, then there was a simple spawn menu, and then it slowly came to be what it is today.

Archived