How much do you like winter?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you like winter?

• Winter r0x0rz my b0x0rz!
    • I like winter.
    • I'm indifferent.
    • I dislike winter.
    • I hate winter.

On the weekend (Saturday night and a good deal of Sunday) it snowed and brought down some power lines, leaving half of my town without power. It was my half, and we lost power from 4:00 pm Sunday to 6:00 am Monday.

Due to the cold, power outages, and wind most of the school districts in the province shut down their schools. Only three kept their schools open: Langley (but the middle and elementary schools stayed closed), Burnaby, and Maple Ridge-Pitt Meadows. Lucky me, my district still had school.

On the drive from my house to my school (which is halfway across town, even though there is a school six houses away from my house) the radio station my mom listens to (and which I'm not allowed to change or else her head will explode after she rips my arm off) played Christmas music. For those of you who don't know (probably all of you), I hate Christmas music. Especially the songs done and remade by Elvis Presley and other old people who shouldn't have ever been allowed to sing, which the station was playing.

School wasn't much, but my French teacher (who is known for being short, fat, and bitter) refused a snowball fight challenge from the teacher in the portable beside hers, and made us watch a movie about Maurice Richard.

So, what's your opinion about winter, the holiday season, snow or anything else related to this time of the year?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Living near Seattle, it almost never snows. I'm lucky to get it several times a year. But from yesterday until today, it actually did! Several whole inches! :eek:

On account of it, most schools were closed for both days. If the snow doesn't melt, they will for tomorrow as well. You non-Northwesterners are so spoiled.

Since rain is also my favorite type of weather, winter is obviously my favorite season. Ah, torrental downpours, dark clouds, blustery winds... Those pwn bright sunny days.

Since I'll probably move somewhere else in a few years, it'll hopefully be to a place that gets a lot of snow and rain.

Since rain is also my favorite type of weather, winter is obviously my favorite season. Ah, torrental downpours, dark clouds, blustery winds... Those pwn bright sunny days.

Is there any other kind of weather in Seattle? :)

Horrible winter weather here in Florida--it got down into the 70's with no relief in sight. I just might freeze to death.

^ :disaprove

Post-holiday winter is the worst. Christmas season: sure, bring it on. Lots of good food, pretty lights, and time off with family. But after that, there's four months of freezing drudgery. Plus, everything's dead, and it usually only snows enough where I live to make the scenery look even more decrepit.

I live in Ohio, which is known for screwed up weather. It could be warm one day and a foot of snow the next. I'm pretty much used to it though, so it's not that big of a deal.

You have no idea what messed up weather is until you see my house. It's not uncommon to see it raining on one side, perfectly clear and sunny on the other. One day it was hailing and sunny at the same time. :)

HAHA suckers! We're coming into summer here in Australia, and I have a pool!

Yea, Aussie rules. And winter here isn't that bad either.

On topic: I don't mind Winter, but sometimes it's downright annoying 'cos it doesn't snow in Aus. :(

@RevanSithMaster-My birthday's also in the same season. 23 days before Christmas.

Yea, Aussie rules. And winter here isn't that bad either.

It depends on where you are. You're in Melbourne correct? From what I remember, the weather there is really whacked. Maybe it was just me.

On topic: I don't mind Winter, but sometimes it's downright annoying 'cos it doesn't snow in Aus.

It does in Canberra! :D

You wouldn't love summer when it's over 40 degrees. Too hot to do anything. Even go to the beach.

Once, I was at a friends wedding (which was outside) and it was 52 degrees. (I used to live in Adelaide.) Not only is it freaking hot there but it's so damn DRY! When I go back there I can literally feel the moisture coming out of my skin...

Archived