Home

Lost first disk of KOTOR1...

Hybris

Unless this is LA's horrible idea for a KotOR III storyline, this thread requires a rapid movement - to the Newsfeed!!

If you've damaged your disk or something, LA had a replacement policy. They replaced the damaged disk (which you had to send over to their place) and took a small fee as well. It used to be there back in the Jedi Academy days, so I don't know if its valid with KotOR or not, or if they supply disks to those who have lost them.

If you haven't installed the game already, then you'll definitely have to procure the first disk through some way. See if a friend has it, it'll save a lot of money. :)

From the SWKotOR Eula (important bits are bolded):

LucasArts warrants to the original consumer purchaser only that the media furnished in this product will be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of purchase (as evidenced by your receipt). If the media furnished in this product proves to be defective, and provided that the original consumer purchaser returns the media to LucasArts in accordance with the instructions in this paragraph, LucasArts will replace the defective media: (a) free of charge to the original consumer purchaser, if the media proves to be defective within the ninety (90) day period following the date of purchase, or (b) for a fee of $5.00 per Compact Disc ("CD"), if the media proves to be defective after the expiration of the ninety (90) day warranty period, provided that the request is made within a reasonable time from purchase, and LucasArts continues to distribute the CD commercially. To obtain a replacement CD, please return the defective CD only, postage prepaid, to LucasArts, a division of Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd., P.O. Box 10307, San Rafael, CA 94912, accompanied by proof of date of purchase, a description of the defect, and your name and return address, as well as a check for $5.00 per CD made payable to LucasArts if after expiration of the warranty period. LucasArts will mail a replacement to you.
I'm guessing lost discs don't qualify under this policy. You could try contacting LucasArts, but I think they'd be a little skeptical, since you could just as easily be lying and trying to get the disc for some other purpose. Of course I don't think you're lying, but I have nothing at stake here. :p

Now's the time to pick up a backup copy since LA released their BestofPC set. 5 games: KotOR 1, Empire at War, Battlefront, Jedi Knight II, and Republic Commando (almost worth the price of the whole set, heh heh, as Raphael Sbarge [Carth] figures prominently as a clone voice). $40, and pretty easy to find at local stores or Amazon, etc., if LAStore continues to be sold out.

http://store.lucasarts.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=405578;category_id=400838;pcid1=;pcid2=

Archived