Home

A question from a CU player

ImpElite

Hi, I quit a few months ago, a friend that I share emails with sometimes says the game has gotten a LOT better since and it's actually getting fun now and that I should get SWG again, so I wanted to hear other's opinions on how good the game is/how much better it has gotten since June.

Actualy he is right you will have to form your own opinion unless you have some one who has excatly identical likes as you do you will have to check it out for your self because every one is different.

From a vet who got done with the free trial about 2 weeks ago it still isnt worth it nothing to do everyhting is too easy heck pvp isnt even fun any more.

ok how about I put it this way.

How many people are having: an EXCELLENT time playing, a good time playing, worth paying $15 a month for, not worth paying $15 a month for.

Is that better? :)

Thanks for the replys EVEN THOUGH they weren't exactly what I was looking for (except for McCusto's)

prone to agree with Hugo. I am a original combat system vet who returned a few months ago over the summer and played it. It was pretty decent when i had a guild to play with. When the guild kicked me (dont ask :/) i had a hard time finding another guild and ended up quitting due to the fact that it is boring to do the game solo. As a few have stated. you need to base it off your opinions

shoulda joined the guild i was in. :(

i still have a fun time. its worth $15. the expertise system is set up for all combat professions now...dunno how it is though as i just got back from a 3 day hunting trip, was surprised to see it launched so soon.

Anyway, there is fun to be had, you just need to make friends, that's the difficult part.

• 1 month later...

I too will agree with that...back in the pre-cu days, I had over 150 people on my friends list and normally 30+ on all the time. Now when I came back for the free trial in the NGE i've got like 3 to 6 on all the time. My guild is great, but they aren't around all the time - silly me for making a toon on an east coast server when I'm on the west coast. :)

And I really don't enjoy the game enough to make new friends or to get to know people I only know as an accuantance [sp?].

I still have a blast every time I log on.

but I wouldnt take other people's opinion on this. there was too much aggrivation due to the NGE that youll have people just bad mouthing it no matter what. they could be in there having fun and as a matter of course just continue to whine and complain about PreCU and/or PreNGE....maybe I should say Hem and Haw and ask, "who moved my cheese?"

regardless, youll be the best to figure it out. hit the free trial and see what happens. you might also want to check and see if you get a bit of free time. they were handing that out a while back.

as for friends lists...I have over 400 on mine and Ive seen fluctuations here and there from 10 to almost 50 once. and Ive logged on to having it empty, but I attribute that to being an insomniac and logging on at 3am.

but I wouldnt take other people's opinion on this. there was too much aggrivation due to the NGE that youll have people just bad mouthing it no matter what. they could be in there having fun and as a matter of course just continue to whine and complain about PreCU and/or PreNGE....maybe I should say Hem and Haw and ask, "who moved my cheese?"

Exactly!!

I hope you're not putting my into this category. I acutally gave the CU and NGE a chance before I realized it would never match up to the Pre-CU days.

Archived