Home

The Outer Rim Territories

Diego Varen

Actually, I'll be very happy if the ban button stays very unused.

Lies. I read only s-mods and admins can ban people. :xp:* Edit: You can always ask Jae to use you as a test subject if you don't believe me - d3 :xp:

- Create a forum for non sw finished stories within the Outer Rim Territories (like the Jedi Archives but within the new forum instead of directly in the CEC forum)

I like this idea the most. Having funished and unfinished stories in one forum could get disorganized, and be a hindrance to people who only want to read something complete. Putting non-SW fics in the Jedi Archives could only be a hindrance on people who want to read just one type, and the ones who want to read both can just open an extra tab. And since the ORT is a subforum in itself, it's sensible to have a subforum of a subforum be put in one. :)

@Doc, since adaptations of KotOR are accepted, it would be logical that other novelizations are as well. Credit to the original authors would be a must, though. :)

Would one be allowed to write a novelisation of, say, an episode of a TV show, and post it in there, as long as said individual clearly stated that the story was not their own?

The novelization is technically your own writing. As long as you say somewhere "based on an episode of 'The Raniskrans'" you should be good.

@Emperor Devon--if we put all the fics in the Archives, we'd put tags in the title to differentiate SW/non-SW fics. That way people would know which was which, but I'm happy with whatever everyone wants. It's no more work for me to move a fic to one forum vs another.

@Emperor Devon--if we put all the fics in the Archives, we'd put tags in the title to differentiate SW/non-SW fics.

To quote myself... :)

Putting non-SW fics in the Jedi Archives could only be a hindrance on people who want to read just one type, and the ones who want to read both can just open an extra tab.

Edit: You can always ask Jae to use you as a test subject if you don't believe me - d3 :xp:

Nah, I think more frequent posters, such as yourself, would be ideal. :xp:

This must be sixth post of mine you've edited this week. :p

This just came to mind - I noticed there aren't any title tags for fics and art in the Outer Rim Territories. Is it that they aren't needed, or nobody thought of any tags? Or is it that the people who posted their work there so far simply forgot to put tags in the thread titles?

This just came to mind - I noticed there aren't any title tags for fics and art in the Outer Rim Territories. Is it that they aren't needed, or nobody thought of any tags? Or is it that the people who posted their work there so far simply forgot to put tags in the thread titles?

I think we all just forgot. :) I'll go fix that.

Archived