Home

Zann Consortium

Docter_Aap

Do you like the new faction, the Zann Consortium?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new faction, the Zann Consortium?

• LOVE EM!!
    • yes
    • bit average
    • they're garbage

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, in the campaign, those things were portrayed as being limited. They only came in at the end. But, yeah, they really shouldn't have them. I want to see the Zann Consortium in other games, like maybe BF III or something. And i want a SWRPG sourcebook on them after Saga edition comes out.

Well, I don't mind a criminal organization having it. I mean, its a big galaxy, and even irl some crime lords have quite a bit of high tech toys. Its their abundance that is weird.

But then again, ITS NOT PLAYABLE IF YOU HAVE ONLY A COUPLE OF THE BETTER UNITS...

But all in all, its a nice change to the Imp whacking reb games.

I like his voice.

And actually, Tyber having the things he does isn't so farfected. After all, the Trade Federation had it's own military, including capital ships.

Hmm...that's a good point. And so did the Corporate Sector Authority in the OT era.

Aye, fair enough, but there was no-one that could directly challenge both the rebels and the empire at the same time.... other than the Vong, and I really don't want them in an add-on...

Sepratists? They challenge both in a way.

He said Trade Federation, not seperatists. The Trade Federation was a part of them but not the entire force - there was the combined arsenals of the Banking Clan, the Techno-Union, the Geonosians and who knows what else as well.

That's an entirely different force.

But still, that force involved large capital ships owned by entities like said Banking Clan and capable of going toe to toe with Venators, in addition to the fact that the Trade Federation alone had enough battle cruisers to blockade an entire planet at least. I think that while the Kedalbe battleship might still be a bit of a stretch for the Zann Consortium to acquire en mass, it's not altogether unreasonable for a network of criminal organizations to acquire a large number of Interceptor IVs, Vengeance Frigates, and a smaller number of battleships and destroyers.

IMO they could have just left the Keldable out - the ZC would still have had ways to counter everything:

The vengeance/Interceptor IV for assault frigates and VSDs/neb-b's and accs and the aggressor for cap ships.

This would IMO have made the ZC more unique instead of "we have anything the other factions have and more", but oh well....

He said Trade Federation, not seperatists. The Trade Federation was a part of them but not the entire force - there was the combined arsenals of the Banking Clan, the Techno-Union, the Geonosians and who knows what else as well.

That's an entirely different force.

Also known as the CIS if i'm correct

IMO they could have just left the Keldable out - the ZC would still have had ways to counter everything:

The vengeance/Interceptor IV for assault frigates and VSDs/neb-b's and accs and the aggressor for cap ships.

This would IMO have made the ZC more unique instead of "we have anything the other factions have and more", but oh well....

Agreed.

It was entirely unnecessary especially when you look at their weapons. Mass drivers and "special weapons" which shoot EMP type blasts for one AND a giant ball of who knows what that bypasses shields.

Imo I hated the ZC. Their weapon(Mass Driver) visuals seemed like a Star Trek rip off. Also the idea that a criminal organization is able to stand toe to toe and even beat the Empire and Rebel Alliance is a bit far fetched and annoying.

I also greatly disliked Zann able to defeat Thrawn in the campaign. I always read how he was a genius and was outmatched in terms of strategy, then some criminal scum come and beat him easily.

I also dislike Urai and how he is some unknown race, and the Dathomir witches were implemented into the game very poorly. Rancor Riders standing up to AT-AT's? Come on.....

It also doesn't help the ZC in the fact that it is now impossible to find rebels or empire in a game outside of banning Consortium from your game. Everyone is playing as them because they are blatantly overpowered.

well we all remember the rancor luke had a play with, and if you read the book with dathomir in, luke says that the rancors are like 5 times the size of the one in jabbas palace and that the one jabba had must have been a baby (im not sure if it was 5, mite of been 4) but looking at it id say that a rancor that size could go toe to toe with an atat

well we all remember the rancor luke had a play with, and if you read the book with dathomir in, luke says that the rancors are like 5 times the size of the one in jabbas palace and that the one jabba had must have been a baby (im not sure if it was 5, mite of been 4) but looking at it id say that a rancor that size could go toe to toe with an atat

Does it? I don't remember anything in the Courtship of Princess Leia along those lines.....

Well, actually Jabba's Rancor is a big rancor already, even by common mature bull rancor standards. But Dathomir Rancors are both alot bigger, and smarter. There are tales of one old female rancor who is capable of language.

And yes rancors can be deadly even against "mechas" This is especially true if they are enhanced, by tech/alchemy/force/machines/etc A sithed out Rancor can rip up tanks many times more powerful than an ATAT with ease. Well, at least in Dark Empire they do.

Archived