Home

Zann Consortium

Docter_Aap

Do you like the new faction, the Zann Consortium?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new faction, the Zann Consortium?

• LOVE EM!!
    • yes
    • bit average
    • they're garbage

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm ok with the use of powerful units by the Consortium. However, the reason they are banned and outlawed is probably because they are unreliable. So why not actually make them unreliable in the game, like overloading or suddenly shutting down.

The second overpowering aspect of the Consortium is the ability to spread corruption so easily. It is incredibly annoying in conquest mode, every time I remove corruption with the Emperor or Thrawn it comes back a couple minutes later. ON top of that they destroy buildings easily, why cant we setup some buffer to prevent this? Imperial spies or commanders? heroes maybe? Something please, cause it doesn;t make much sense how the consortium is able to blow up high level buildings yet the Empire and Rebels can't without going into battle.

The other part is how the Rebellion and Empire can't spread their own influence, which I think could be a really nice addition to the game.

Lastly, why aren't power generators under the shield on some planets? They are basically gone if the enemy has artillary.

Oh and I forgot one thing, I think Thrawn should be able to remove corruption hehe.

I'm ok with the use of powerful units by the Consortium. However, the reason they are banned and outlawed is probably because they are unreliable. So why not actually make them unreliable in the game, like overloading or suddenly shutting down.

The second overpowering aspect of the Consortium is the ability to spread corruption so easily. It is incredibly annoying in conquest mode, every time I remove corruption with the Emperor or Thrawn it comes back a couple minutes later. ON top of that they destroy buildings easily, why cant we setup some buffer to prevent this? Imperial spies or commanders? heroes maybe? Something please, cause it doesn;t make much sense how the consortium is able to blow up high level buildings yet the Empire and Rebels can;t without going into battle.

The other part is how the Rebellion and Empire can;t spread their own influence, which I think could be a really nice addition to the game.

Lastly, why aren't shield generators under the shield on some planets? They are basically gone if the enemy has artillary.

Oh and I forgot one thing, I think Thrawn should be able to remove corruption hehe.

I think that's more an AI problem than a general ZC one. Spreading corruption generally costs more than removing it (1000 credits for a defiler and 1000+ credits for the corruption vs. 1500 for removing it) and sabotaging buildings costs 2 times the original price the first time and 4 times the original price the second time - plus 1000 credits for a defiler each time! A Human player is really restricted to a few strategical sabotages if any at all (I rarely bother to sabotage since it's most often far cheaper to destroy a building the normal way, even if you lose some units).

I think that's the best, most creative idea for balancing the Consortium I'm ever heard. If Consortium units broke ranks wen they suffered some amount of casualties, or sometimes ignored orders to go after easy targets, or sometimes their weapons just jammed and they lost some health--man, that would be interesting to see.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok Sparkle first of all the yslarmi are not used on luke skywaler realy at all. They are used so thrawn can get pased the dark jedi gaurding the emperores toys in a mountain on some world. The yslarmi are used against luke by karrade though becuase luke visits them and karrade needs a way to hold a jedi master. Also yes the vorneks hunt using the force as a sense and it makes perfecrt sense that a creature that it preys on would adapt to be hidden unseeable through the force.

So they are not just a quick way to get out of an easy problem as you see it but are a unique addition to the star wars universe, besides there not even that useful i mean only a handfull of people are trained in the force and an anti force bubble does not stop you from shooting someone, blowing them up, or lopping thier head off with a lightsaber. On top of this of course a grand Admiral who is also a chiss would find some way to get around the jedi and it makes perfect sense for this creature to present it's self and is also used quite alot in the star wars books taken after thrawns reign

ZC is a decent concept, but they seem to be overpowered.

The Corruption and endless Sabotage is annoying. The script will allow you to cancel the AI from doing one of either of these two things, or both. I think the AI cheats when it comes to money to pay for all the Sabotage and Corruption spreading.

Testing with the ZC on only one planet with a special set up, they can seem to 'magically' spread Corruption quickly with no apparent money.??

The AI cheats by making these 'magic' garrisions and thing too??

I tried to control how fast the 'sleep time' for a Corruption or Sabotage planet mission would happen, but it does not seem to matter. You can, as said above, remove one or the either, or both out the AI lua script very easy.

Ok Sparkle first of all the yslarmi are not used on luke skywaler realy at all. They are used so thrawn can get pased the dark jedi gaurding the emperores toys in a mountain on some world. The yslarmi are used against luke by karrade though becuase luke visits them and karrade needs a way to hold a jedi master. Also yes the vorneks hunt using the force as a sense and it makes perfecrt sense that a creature that it preys on would adapt to be hidden unseeable through the force.

So they are not just a quick way to get out of an easy problem as you see it but are a unique addition to the star wars universe, besides there not even that useful i mean only a handfull of people are trained in the force and an anti force bubble does not stop you from shooting someone, blowing them up, or lopping thier head off with a lightsaber. On top of this of course a grand Admiral who is also a chiss would find some way to get around the jedi and it makes perfect sense for this creature to present it's self and is also used quite alot in the star wars books taken after thrawns reign

Even though I posted that stuff last year, I still don't like ysalamiri. They don't fit. I only take the original trilogy as canon. It just doesn't make sense for a creature to be able to block the force. The only reason they can is because the author that created them had no other viable way for his antagonists to challenge a jedi save making them jedi themselves, and I guess he didn't want to do that.

They do not fit with the spirit of the original trilogy and therefore I cannot accept them. Nothing will convince me otherwise. I never read any of the books and probably never will. For me, only the original trilogy counts and perhaps the future TV show depending on it's storylines.

Archived