Home

World's first time machine

Arreat

I dunno. Didn't Hawking say that all this was a bit more complicated than this program presents? Last I knew, I thought anything traveling back through time would explode due to various reasons.

Seems like a bunch psuedo-science to me.

Though, they DID recently build a transporter. That was pretty cool. It'll be nice if they figure out how to teleport material items instead of lumps of particles.

Our supply of oil will be depleted long before that.

He never said we would be using oil. Besides, even if we were flying our cars, they would still run on oil unless we would get some other source, which we already have but the oil companies are too much of capitalist swines to let the ideas come past and destroy their trillion dollar businesses.

And besides, even if you were to build a time machine, just by going back in time and by being seen by people might in the end lead to the destruction of the world or at least to you not being born. Maybe your mother and father never looked at each others the first time because you were more interesting, maybe you spoke someone from your ditant path not to marry his to-be wife. Maybe you created a much worse dictator than Hitler or Stalin ever were by saying a word that you shouldn't have. And when you came back, how could you absorb all the changes? Maybe English wouldn't be the main language in the world. Maybe Spanish would be. Or maybe Latin would still be used? In the end, it's cool to watch it in the movies, but in real life, it would be too dangerous

One thing about the starting: Yeah right, flying traffic in 2108? Come on, we'll still be driving cars.

AHAHA, MAYBE YOU'LL STILL BE LIVING IN THE PAST, LOSER! AHAHAHA!

Our supply of oil will be depleted long before that.

Either that or we'll start getting our oil from Alaska, Canada, and Russia's enormous oil reserves "in addition" to getting it from the Middle East.

For those that actually watched the video, what'dya think?

It's quite an amazing thought, that the moment he will turn on the machine he could potentially receive messages from the future back to him containing information on any aspect of future life or science.

It's mind boggling.

O_o

Archived