Home

How did Nihilus look?

JawaJoey

What is your *main* impression of how Nihilus looked?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. What is your *main* impression of how Nihilus looked?

• Cool
    • Scary
    • Stupid
    • Ugly
    • Neutral/Something else

How did Nihilus look?

With his eyes of course!

But seriously, I'm wondering what the general populace's impressions of the way Nihilus looked is.

Personally, I think he looks ridiculous. He's like a retarded clown woman. An UGLY, retarded clown woman.

But since I have shockingly encountered more than one other person who thinks he isn't totally stupid looking, I began to wonder what the general opinion was.

Note: This post an I are obviously biased :D, but that doesn't mean the poll is. Don't let my opinion influence your vote. I'm genuinely curious.

Note 2: This thread is about Nihilus's appearance ONLY. Its not about how much he sucked in a fight or anything else.

250px-KOTOR2Nihilus.jpg

Scary. He's so unlike most Star Wars villains, and his mysterious nature just adds to that, making him even creepier. We needed a villain that was different from the usual "I'm all power and evil incarnate" and instead offered some real mystery and unknown evil, and Nihilus is pretty good at that.

I voted neutral I think he looks interesting, but not scary. (Not like when I first pulled my Star Wars Insider out of the mailbox and dropped it because Darth Maul was looking back at me. That was scary.) But he does have an intriguing mysterious look about him. I mean that stark almost white mask and the black holes with no eyes, speaks volumes of the soulless individual within those robes.

Melly, actually he does have eyes beneath that mask, from the pic Jawajoey posted at the start of this thread.

He looks mysterious, but the mask is Utterly Ugly. What kind of design is that? He looks like a dorkish polar bear.

And why the two bulging points at the top of his head? Is he a twilek? From the shape of it in the picture he does seem to be one.

Isn't the outline of the mask a bit too much like General Greivous?

I think he's okay. A little scary--a little goofy. sort of mysterious. All in all, a small time person with little to no history or personality consumed by nothingness. Nothingness can posses one to become extremely destructive and hungry. It's true in real life--so why not have a character that exemplifies that very same thing?

Still as far as a plot, not the best character. Darth nothing or nothingness or Nobody would also work for him

I wonder just how ugly he was beneath it all. Like jason Voorhees perhaps?

Sort of looks like ICP--yes I said ICP, so shut the hell up. ICP is comedy, metal, and old school rap. Neither they nor their fans care about the big success nor being super great at musical talent--they'll even admit they suck at making music--but people listen to and like it. They have their own message and it isn't talking $&*^ about everybody to get ahead in the world, and then giving them hugs onstage. Or prasing people and then turning on them. Its a message of being real. Hug you child or it may end up going off the deep end.

Still, needs something to keep it from being too lackluster.

When I first saw him long ago, before the game was out, I thought it was kinda scary looking. Then after facing him, I thought he looked pretty silly.

Scream mask, anyone? It's such an overdone look, and he didn't really pull it off very well...

Yeah really, I have to agree with you there.

Before the game came out I thought he looked sweet but he was just OK once you met him in-game. I thought Sion was designed a lot better.

:nod: Agreed 100% though my top Kudos still remain for Kreia...

Nihilus was probably the least time consuming of all the characters to develop. No facial modeling other than a mask. A cover-detail robe/cowl (black I might add) and no dialog other than slowing down an audio track along with some "filler noise" :xp:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived