Home

Tying the Knot

Fuu

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, and for those who didn't know, Prime is my official online wedding consultant.
Ya know it!

There will be no deceptacons @ this wedding.
Yes, I know where to draw the line. No stormtroopers either. :)

Congratulations again Fuu! You will look most lovely in that dress.

Well, I'm a little late to the party but CONGRATS! May your sanity weather the nuptials!

Princess Fuu? Wasn't that a character in on of the Final Fantasy games? :xp:

Nice to see you again Bob! Thanks for the congrats. As for my sanity, well I think it was waning already. j/k. Final fantasy? Wouldnt know as I havent played it in many years.

Still, congratulations. Nice picture outta there.

Eh, hint me if it's mentioned, but when will the wedding set?

The ceremony is at 11:30 AM. I wanted an afternoon wedding but we had to accomidate the preacher.

I dont really know ya, but .... Congratulations!!!!!!! Weddings are fun :D lol ... (A very good excuse to get out the good ole' Jim Beam without anyone complaining! :xp:

I hope you will have a long and happy marriage! :D

Thanks much! Hopefully no one will get too tossed though! XD

well Hell's Bells girl, you've shattered all the young boyz daydreams with this news.. hehehe ;)

Congratulations!.. and of course we expect updates, pics and all that kewl stuff (read: dirt & gossip) leading up to and past the event... our very own Fuu-log! :bluidea:

*blush* Thanks ChainZ. Hehe, @ least when I'm old & withered I can say "I broke a few hearts in my day". With the updates I didn't think anyone wanted the gory details. If you're game I'm down to share! Fuupix for Chainz: merezjpgmt1.th.jpg

Ya know it!

Yes, I know where to draw the line. No stormtroopers either. :)

Congratulations again Fuu! You will look most lovely in that dress.

We banned the Guild of Calamitous Intent as well. XD. Thanks hun <3

WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!

BTW what the heck happened to the "Post a Pic of Yourself" thread? :?

\

Hey, I resemble that remark! xD

'Grats again, Fuu Fuu. <3

Woo, I gots da speshul cookieeeee

Yes, yes you do. But hey, at least we're gutterbrains together! :lol: I did have a double entendre comment but.......well I wouldnt want to make the hormone enraged teenagers jealous.

Thanks again shug. <33333 Love bullets! Here's hoping you get through the next couple of days unscathed :freakout:. Good luck tomorrow this morning.

@ D'Albetot: We both thank you! :)

*blush* Thanks ChainZ. Hehe, @ least when I'm old & withered I can say "I broke a few hearts in my day".
:lol:

If you're game I'm down to share! Fuupix for Chainz:
w00t! piccies :thumbsup:

With the updates I didn't think anyone wanted the gory details.
Nonsense, you're Family 'round here.. don't feel obligated to share if you don't want to... but I can pretty much guarantee that there's interest amongst us.. especially when planning gets intense, we're here to let you vent .. hehehe ;)

Thanks for sharing Fuu, best of wishes to the both of you.. and tell your significant other to not be a stranger. StarWars != nerds (all the time at least :xp: )

Nonsense, you're Family 'round here.. <snip>Thanks for sharing Fuu, best of wishes to the both of you.. and tell your significant other to not be a stranger. StarWars != nerds (all the time at least :xp: )

Aww! * gets that warm fuzzy feeling* see now you’re gonna make me cry. "I love you mannn". You're welcome, I'm happy to share the details; I'm just not used to guys wanting to hear about it. XD As for my hunnie (Whom I will hereby refer to as not_me, he's called Fuu_is_not_me in another forum.) I can try.....I'm kind of the internet/pcgame/technology freak of the household, but he does go online occasionally.

And, since you asked for the nitty gritty:

The Proposal

Not_me and I Had gone on a houseboat vacation to Lake Powell with his entire immediate family (plus my Dad, brother, and a few friends of the family). It was the middle of our trip, and everyone was well relaxed. In the morning the family members headed out in ski boats to see the sights (Lake Powell is sooooooo huge and has mind blowing natural beauty. There are thousands of people there on boats, but you rarely see anyone else. You could live there for years and still not see it all.). We tooled around looking at ancient native ruins and amazing rock formations for a while and eventually we stopped for a light picnic lunch. The funny thing is, I was very quiet and reflective during lunch (Fuu, quiet?!?!?! Did hell freeze over?), to the point where not_me's Mom asked me what was wrong. "There isn’t anything wrong, I'm just feeling reflective." all the while I was totally clueless about what would happen thereafter. We packed up lunch and headed to our next destination, which was Cathedral in the Desert. (See below for what it looked like when we were there, the ws pix show the water level much lower than it was on our special day. I can’t find the cd. I’ll post it later.) We pulled the boats into an immense dome/cave looming halfway out of the water. After a minute we noticed a streambed cut into the rocks just above the water, so most of us swam over and climbed out to explore. Not_me and I left my Dad behind to watch his & the other boat. The creek was gorgeous, a tiny trickle cutting through tall red rocks, with green plans and flowers all along the way. Soon we came to a set of three tiered waterfalls. The water cascaded down into blue green pools, and someone had tied a rope for climbing between them. The whole picture was very ethereal, and I remember thinking "how romantic". Keep in mind here that I still have no clue. We walked back to the boat and encouraged my Father / Brother to see the waterfall, swimming back over to his (my dad's) boat. At this point every one else had seen it, so the other boat (containing not_me’s family) told us they were going on ahead. I looked over at not_me's dad and he had the biggest sh** eating grin on his face. I glanced at his mom, same thing. Still no clue. I just thought "why the heck are they looking at me like that? Did I miss something?" but, I shrugged it off, clueless as ever. As we drifted alone in the low light of the Cathedral I turned back to not_me and smiled. I was completely content with everything as it was in the moment. After smiling and strangely looking into my eyes for a moment he got out of his seat and attempted to get down on one knee. In retrospect it was incredibly comical because his knee went down in an awkward position and he couldn’t quite make it (small isle in-between two seats) at the time I was too surprised to laugh. He opened the box, trying to keep his balance (half standing, half kneeling in a wobbly boat), and looked into my eyes. Choking back tears (At this point I was too!) he said" I wanted to have something special to say but, <sniff> I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I love you with all my heart. Will you marry me?"

"It's okay honey, of course I will!" I gleefully responded. We cried and kissed, then enjoy a few blissful moments alone (the only time we were, lets just say houseboat.) together before my brother & dad returned. They got into the boat and I winked at not_me before putting my ring hand over my mouth. I coughed repeatedly, trying hard to make it sound fake so my Dad would look. After a couple minutes of this my dad still hadn’t looked <cracking a beer....lighting a smoke.....looking around at the cave etc.> so I looked over at my bro. He was drying off in the back, and as soon as he looked up he noticed without any coughing (my hand was still on my face). When he did, my brother let out a knowing "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh". I looked over at my dad thinking "He's got to notice now...." he didn’t.

“Dad, you're so observant. *chuckle*"

*surprised look* "What?"

"There’s a diamond ring on your daughter’s finger!" His face lit up and he looked at the ring. "Congratulations! That’s great!" He shook not_me's hand and gave me a hug. I got the "my little girl's all grown up" look and he wiped his eye before hitting the throttle.

When we caught up to the other group, they pulled past us and not_me’s dad had the “all knowing” look. I just smiled and nodded, as if to say: “You knew! You joker!” Then everyone broke out laughing and congratulating all at the same time. Even better, two in the other boat didn’t figure it out until well after the fact (about an hour) when I stood up and pointed at my ring finger from 50 yards away. When we stopped again (another hour or so) his friend said “I just now got it. Congratulations!” We laughed about that.

Later that night we sat out under a very bright sky. There was a short meteor shower followed by the rise of a full moon. The perfect ending for what I call: “The most romantic day of my life.”

See, I warned you! :xp:

Now that's a great story to "start out" your lives together :)

hehehe.. tell not_me that ChAiNz says "He's Da' Man". He gets +1,001 Kewl Points for making our Fuu's day a perfect one :D

I've actually been to Lake Powell before on diving trips and the Wiki pics don't do it justice.. the place is absolutely serene and I can only imagine how your experience truly was being in that gorgeous environment... hehehe.. makes me want to go back now :fist:

Nice! It sounds like not_me has some knowledge on how to treat his woman. Great explanation of the scenery.

Yes, he does. I don’t think it’s by experience though, rather by instinct. He has always treated me better then anyone else I know. Thank you, I like to think I can tell a good story, scenery and all.

Now that's a great story to "start out" your lives together :)

hehehe.. tell not_me that ChAiNz says "He's Da' Man". He gets +1,001 Kewl Points for making our Fuu's day a perfect one :D

I've actually been to Lake Powell before on diving trips and the Wiki pics don't do it justice.. the place is absolutely serene and I can only imagine how your experience truly was being in that gorgeous environment... hehehe.. makes me want to go back now :fist:

Thanks man! I’m actually quite grate full to him for that. His mum got proposed to in a car driving home for the summer. They (not_me's rents) were taking about who they should move in with @ college.... I think it went something like:

"Well, if we moved in together it would solve the problem."

"Yes but Daddy would never allow it until we're married."

"Well, let’s do that."

*few minutes go by*

"Umm, don't you have something to ask me?"

"Oh! Yes. Will you marry me?"

"Yes, but when are you going to ask daddy?"

Not_me asked my pop about 2 hrs before he asked me…. @ least we were clueless together XD. Seriously though, words cannot describe how lucky I feel. The closest thing would be 100 times better than hitting the 500 mil. lottery while simultaneously having something rather explicit explode in your pantaloons. Yeah. (Read: R PG-13 ok! )

I’ll try and get him to stop in……..lolz he hasn’t even read the thread yet <asked him twice, guess I need to bust out the :whip1: >. His response: “Only 1001? Cuz you know I’m well into a deficit here.”

I actually have a lot of really good pix from multiple trips to Powell. That was the family’s third going every other year, and they usually start planning the next one about now. I tell yah, about a 6 months beforehand it was all we ( not_me and _me) could talk about. Drop me a line and I’ll send you a few of the better ones (I prefer not to post as we plan on selling prints.) My email is:

not for public view! XD Sorry, I couldn’t resist.

Fuu, your boyfriend/husband is a very lucky man. You remind me of that bond girl in the last film.

Thanks! But uhh, the last SW flick? Last what? Who? I demand a pic for comparison! He he.

Oh thats nice, congradsts (<3) as well.

I hope the day goes fine and you have an amazing time as well!

Going anywhere nice for a honeymoon?

Heya, been awhile! Thank you, and I have no clue. I need to look into pricing on what I would like before I say what we will really do. I want o go to Hawaii but I don’t know if we can save enough between now and then. If not we’ll probably just run around Cali blowing cash for a couple weeks. :whtsmile:

Whew!

OH CRAP! tk102, I'm sorry. I had written a very specific thank you, but I cut /paste my posts from word & I think I futzed it.

Well, here it is:

Congratulations on making this decision together, Fuu. Be sure to bump this thread as April draws near. :p

Thank you tk102. Youre actually the first person to comment on the decision itself. Although the proposal was a total suprise, we had already spent a number of long conversations discussing the subject. I feel good about it becuase it was decidedly not something either of us rushed into, and I know I am spending my life with the right person. If we hadnt been together this long (or hadn't discussed marrige at all) I might not have been so sure.

As for the bump, knowimg my threads (Read: Fuu's birthday thread 05) I might not have to XD.

@Totenkopf: Thanks for clearing that up XD. But....I remind Herbie of Eva Green??

comparejpgup7.jpg

I guess we kinda look alike.

@Totenpkopf: Hehe okayyyyy.

@LIAYD: Thanks! Been a while, non? Dont beat yourself up, I'm late for almost everything.

Chose my bridesmaids color. It's Calypso, a new color @ David's Bridal. Theres also an orange that I like.....think I might work it into the wedding as well. I'm going for some kind of garden theme. We're going to rent some trees / shrubs from a local nursery and edge the reception area with potted flowers (or something.....dang, I gotta get this stuff nailed down).

AHHHHHH!

Archived