Home

Blasters - How long can you last?

Common Thug

I was just wondering, how long can you guys last in KOTOR and TSL equiped with only a blaster?

In other words, how much of the game could you play without using vibroblades, lightsabers, or force pikes.

I got up to the Taris Lower City in KOTOR using only a pair of blasters before I had to use vibroblades.

Force powers mainly.

Isn't that the way most people beat him? Personally when I go at it with Malak I use Force Wave and keep doing it everytime he gets knocked down, then I drain the life from the dead Jedi in the suspension tanks, and then last but not least I like to finnish him off with Force Storm. That's just me though!:D

In TSL you can play through the whole game with a pair of good, fully upgraded blaster pistols (or other blaster type pistols) without any problems. If you focus on ranged combat with your feat and ability selections and use good blasters you can do around 50 damage per shot with 5 shots/round.

Not quite on the level as with lightsabers, but lightsabers in TSL are utter overkill already so using only blasters does not make the game much harder really. You might need two rounds instead of one to kill some enemies, not really a big difference. :) Enemy saber-users aren't very common in TSL, and the blaster bolt deflection when you do run into one isn't much of an issue if you have good Attack values and have picked the feats that help pierce BBD.

I actually prefer melee combat all the way. I used the prototype vibroblade, upgraded and Naga Sadow's poisoned blade. Had great fun with it. I like getting up close an personal. I always have a good blaster wielding party member by my side and is usually Carth or Canderous. I use HK when I get bored. So in short, I don't use blasters for they are clumsy and random. A lightsaber is an elegant weapon of a more civilized age but not a necessary. Give me a blade and I'm good to go.

I've played through both games using blasters only.

In K1, I used the over-powered blasters from Yavin Station.

In K2, I got Mandalorian Heavy Blasters and gave Bao-Dur everything that would increase his intelligence and repair to make two energy cells that add about 12-22 damage to each attack and got all the blaster related feats I could use.

I'm more for the Jedi, I can't play with out my lightsaber. :D

"This weapon is your life." ~ Obi-wan Kenobi - Episode II AOTC

lol same here, I just have to use one.

All though I have never played the game with just Blasters as I dont like them lol i prefere a sword and a twin blade really.

Archived