Home

Jolee knew how?

dewayne26

i'm been playing kotor for awhile. but this has bugged me maybe i missed it everytime. but how the heck did he know we were Revan? i mean he left the order almost what 30years proir?

Since Revan likely is more than 30 years old at the time he might have met Revan as a child or teen in the order, and somehow remembered and recognized her?

Or he recognized Revan from her last visit to Kashyyk, when she came there with Malak to find the Star Map?

Or the classic plot device: the Force told him. :)

Overall the time line presented in KotOR is so full of contradictions and inconsistencies it's near-impossible to piece together exactly how things fit together.

But Revan should be a man behind the mask the first time he came around, shouldn't he? He seems to wear that mask all the time, even when he discovered the SM in Dantooine. That way, Jolee should never have seen his face and recognized him.

You could argue even if Jolee didn't see Revan's face he knew the PC was Revan because the Star Map in Kashyyyk opened for him. But well, the Star Map could open not only for Revan, right? So again this argument doesn't stand.

So I reckon it's through the Force. :D

And indeed Jolee could have seen Revan in the jedi order before he left. Plus Revan at that time during training could not possibly have adopted the mask-wearing practice. So this could also be why Jolee knew it.

Probably all that "swirling force" and destiny mumbo jumbo. Revan would have likely been wearing the mask getup as little as 5 years prior to rediscovering the map on Kashyyk, so Jolee might not have had an opportunity to see Revan's face. If, on the other hand, people are implying Revan's "force aura" was what Jolee detected the first time he might have "seen" Revan, that may be more likely. There might still have been enough of that left on the second go round.

Meh, as Kreia said; You could already see all the Jedi would slay etched on his soul (or whatever the exact quote was) anyways I think Jolee would be able to sense that Revans mind had been changed using the force (you cant tell me something as traumatic as that doesnt leave a 'force scar' ;))and would of just put the pieces togeather from seeing the others interacting etc.

I agree with the swirling force thing that was brought up.

Imagine that powerful and unique Jedi have a certain "flavor" in the force, that someone, especially a secluded yet perceptive old Jedi Consular, would be able to recognize. Even if he never saw Revan's face.

As has already been stated, given how many times Jolee has tried to access the Star Map, he probably saw Revan the first time he came around. Neither he nor Freyyr was ever able to do that, but Revan did it the first time. Of course, he didn't see Revan's face under the mask at that time, but when this stranger then comes around and does it the first time too, it's pretty big clue. Jolee is no fool, and knowing the council and its shortcomings, he probably filled in the blanks after that.

Umm, maybe he just worked it out? I worked it out. There were more than enough clues, and Jolee knew better than most what the Jedi council were capable of.

The alternative is that Jolee got a vision through the force. I like the idea that the force approached a powerful force user, a companion of Revan's, to make a decision for the future of the galaxy - and in true Jolee fashion, he decided just to let events run their course. :)

I suspect someone's Force signature is as unique as their fingerprints
Random Imp: There's no-one on board, sir. According to the log, the crew abandoned ship right after takeoff. It must be a decoy, sir; several of the escape pods have been jetissoned.

Vader: Did you find any droids?

Imp: No, sir. If there were any on board, they must also have jetissoned.

Vader: Send a scanning crew aboard - I want every part of this ship checked. I sense something ... a presence I've not felt, since ...

Vader walks off without explaining himself. Exeunt Vader and accompanying Stormtroopers.

He might not have been wearing the mask at that point.

I don't know... The game makes a pretty big point out of Revan being known for wearing a mask - that's why even Juhani doesn't recognize Revan in spite of having been saved on Taris by Revan and then come to see Revan as a hero.

So it seems pretty clear to me that Revan used to wear the mask even before he was cast out of the jedi order and fell to the dark side. He even wears the mask in the cutscene where he and Malak find the Star Map on Dantooine. And they definitely haven't fallen at this point, since Malak makes a big issue out of how they can never go back to the jedi order, if they use the Star Map.

More likely that he was. When he discovers the SM on Dantooine (in the vision) he's already wearing the mask. Since that map would have led him to Kashyyk, it's likely that he was wearing the mask when he found that SM. I don't remember JB actually saying he saw the two of them @ the map. If JB didn't, then it's possible that Jolee merely put 2+2 together and figured it out. So, basically, JB saw/fealt something or reasoned his way to that conclusion.

the computer basically tells you that you're Revan, with the whole 'match found' thing.

If Jolee indeed saw Revan and Malak access the Star Map, the "Match Found" thing would spill some beans. But if he didn't, "Match Found" would tell nothing about Revan because it could be anyone who had accessed the Map, especially when Jolee didn't even know what the Star Map leads to and how the Star Forge is related to Revan.

I doubt Jolee ran into Revan at all. If he sensed a lightsider nearby, he'd be pretty stupid to let our favorite hermit live, what with searching for a Star Map and all...

I also doubt Jolee would be able to survive a direct confrontation with Revan and Malak. He also doesn't seem like the kind of person who'd let them get away so easily, when it would be a fairly simple matter to get them killed. Organizing a force of Wookiee hunters familiar with the Shadowlands (which Revan and Malak were not), would be able to kill them both.

Since neither of them tried to get each other killed (which would have been in their interests), the only explanation is that they never even met.

So it seems pretty clear to me that Revan used to wear the mask even before he was cast out of the jedi order and fell to the dark side.

I agree. There's one theory which I've stolen as my own, that says it was a taboo on Revan's hoomeworld to expose any faces. It would explain why random NPCs throughout the game aren't screaming "OMFG!!! U R REVAN!!!11!!1one!"

How Jolee could have recognized Revan after the reasons I listed, I have no clue at all. Perhaps Bastila told him? In the event that she'd be captured or killed, there'd have to be someone who would know the truth. And Jolee does seem like the best party member for that to have been confided too.

If Jolee indeed saw Revan and Malak access the Star Map' date=' the "Match Found" thing would spill some beans. But if he didn't, "Match Found" would tell nothing about Revan because it could be anyone who had accessed the Map, especially when Jolee didn't even know what the Star Map leads to and how the Star Forge is related to Revan.[/quote']

Umm...no. Anyone could have accessed the map you say? Like who? Freyyyr (spelling?) tried and failed. Jolee tried and failed. Now, who does that leave? Revan and Malak.

Did you know that the computer tells you the name of every person that has tried to/has accessed the Star Map on Kashyyyk? Revan, Malak, Jolee and Freyyyr were the only ones.

So, after 50 odd failed attempts from Jolee and about seven or eight (can't remember) failed attempts from Freyyyr, isn't is reasonable to assume that Jolee would have reacted "what the--" since the computer gives you access after one attempt?

Like I've said, I'm sure Jolee would have figured it out by then, as the only other ones apart from him and Freyyyr who tried to access the Star Map was Revan and Malak. Why else do you think Jolee says "Match found, what the--". Think about it.

I agree. There's one theory which I've stolen as my own, that says it was a taboo on Revan's hoomeworld to expose any faces. It would explain why random NPCs throughout the game aren't screaming "OMFG!!! U R REVAN!!!11!!1one!"

I really like this theory. It does make sense. Also, if Revan's memories have indeed fully returned, he/she would remember this, right? I really think the devs of K3 should use this idea, since that way, Revan would be easy to bring back, since regardless of alignment, Revan would be wearing the mask, so you wouldn't have to worry about his/her appearance, which would make things a hell of a lot easier for the devs.

Just have two different voice actors (for male and female Revan) some different dialogue depending on Revan's alignment, one blue lightsaber and one red lightsaber (to represent his/her past, blue for Jedi/LS and red for Sith/DS) and his/her costume and tada! Revan can be in K3.

Archived