Home

Revan and Anikan

Mandalore501

I don't think you should really call it "skipping generations". To be considered a skip it really has to be a regular occurence. If a family member simply does not manifest Force sensitivity, then they just don't. It's not written in stone that if your father is some super-powerful Jedi, you'll be a super-powerful Jedi too. In fact, you may not be a Jedi at all. It can be quite random.

Think of it this way: Jedi are not allowed to breed. If Force sensitivity was only passed down through families, Jedi would have exterminated themselves eons ago without the help of the Sith. The same, of course, goes for Force insensitivity. Non-Force sensitives can have Force sensitive children, and Force sensitives can have non-Force sensitive children. The galaxy is an equal opportunity Force distributer!

Actually, the Force has skipped some Generations.... Freedon Nadd was Queen Talia's grandfather (KotOR II), but she showed no signs of Force Sensitivity... General Vaklu being her cousin, also had Freedon Nadd as a Grandfather... but he showed no signs of being Force Sensitive.

maybe talia didnt learn about the force or try to use it ever think of that?and maybe since shimi was a slave sh couldent get jedi training.Revan and Anikan both went to teh dark side and went back to the light as well.+ they are spoken about alot.

maybe talia didnt learn about the force or try to use it ever think of that?and maybe since shimi was a slave sh couldent get jedi training.Revan and Anikan both went to teh dark side and went back to the light as well.+ they are spoken about alot.

It's Anakin, not Anikan. Anyway, I don't think Revan and Anakin are related in any way. They just happened to be one of the strongest Jedi Knights of their era. Welcome to the Forums too.

I don't think you should really call it "skipping generations". To be considered a skip it really has to be a regular occurence. If a family member simply does not manifest Force sensitivity, then they just don't. It's not written in stone that if your father is some super-powerful Jedi, you'll be a super-powerful Jedi too. In fact, you may not be a Jedi at all. It can be quite random.

Actually, the Force runs strong in Blood-lines, so if a Force Sensitive has a child, then all their children must be Force Sensitive, unless it "skips the Generation" of that particular person.

Actually, the Force has skipped some Generations.... Freedon Nadd was Queen Talia's grandfather (KotOR II), but she showed no signs of Force Sensitivity... General Vaklu being her cousin, also had Freedon Nadd as a Grandfather... but he showed no signs of being Force Sensitive.
Freedon Nadd conquered Onderon approximately 400 years before the Onderonian Civil War; he wasn't their grandfather but, as the Mandalorian in the Dxun tomb mentions, they were of his bloodline (as were Galia and her parents from the TotJ comics).

Revan and Anakin arent related; Where is any evidence that Revan had any children?

Anakin didnt have a father which also reduces any chance of the 2 being related.

Touche. Also, you people have to remember that when Lucas was writing the OT, Episode I and Episode II, there was no KotOR! If Revan and Anakin were related, I'm sure Lucas would have said something by now. He hasn't, because the idea was never in his head, because there was no KotOR 'back then'. I think some people are reading way too much into this. KotOR is just a video game for crying out loud!

Freedon Nadd was Queen Talia's grandfather (KotOR II),

Several hundred years can't take three generations. :)

but she showed no signs of Force Sensitivity...

We don't know that the Force stays just as strong in later generations. After several hundred years of weaker and weaker Force-sensitives marrying people who had not tie to it at all, it's not surprising it could die out. King Ommin had a lesser command of the Force than Freedon Nadd, for instance, and Galia had one even weaker than he did.

George Lucas... and KotOR II......

I've seen no evidence on Lucas' part. Luke looks to me like he was weaker than Anakin had the potential to become.

All KotOR II mentions about Force-sensitive bloodlines is the Handmaiden, though that was no doubt just a way to get her trained as a Jedi. After all, they made Bao-Dur strong in the Force.

It's Anakin, not Anikan.

It's also 'forums', not 'Forums'. :p

This strengthens the argument that Revan and Anakin aren't related.

he didnt say anything about it...yet.But its possible that lucas might change his mind and make the kotor series into films.You never know it could happen

Several hundred years can't take three generations. :)

We don't know that the Force stays just as strong in later generations. After several hundred years of weaker and weaker Force-sensitives marrying people who had not tie to it at all, it's not surprising it could die out. King Ommin had a lesser command of the Force than Freedon Nadd, for instance, and Galia had one even weaker than he did.

I've seen no evidence on Lucas' part. Luke looks to me like he was weaker than Anakin had the potential to become.

All KotOR II mentions about Force-sensitive bloodlines is the Handmaiden, though that was no doubt just a way to get her trained as a Jedi. After all, they made Bao-Dur strong in the Force.

It's also 'forums', not 'Forums'. :p

perhaps the royal blood lien of onder doesent want to use the force because of fear of becoming just as bad as Freedon Nadd

That aspect of the Force sensitivity is similar to genetics.

It doesn't work quite that way. People can't choose to be strong in the Force or not. And centuries of Onderon's rulers were darksiders anyhow. :)

I never said taht people can choose to be strogn i nthe force.What im saying is that maybe people dont use the force if they dont want to.

I never said taht people can choose to be strogn i nthe force.What im saying is that maybe people dont use the force if they dont want to.

Hmm, they can choose not to use various powers ,(push, pull, etc.) but the Force is another state of being, a heightened sense of existence to summarize it. You can't make yourself any less aware or intelligent in real life; the same applies to the Force. :)

Hmm, they can choose not to use various powers ,(push, pull, etc.) but the Force is another state of being, a heightened sense of existence to summarize it. You can't make yourself any less aware or intelligent in real life; the same applies to the Force. :)

Its abit like Leia in the OT as she has force abilities but doesn't know how to use them as she has never been taught, however she still has a hightened sense of perception e.g. she knew Luke was her brother, and she knew that her mother was very beautiful and sad when her mother died in child birth.

Archived